★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The finale is coming!

[video=youtube;NkuD0Inb9Gs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkuD0Inb9Gs[/video]

Force Pit Member
Best answers
so basically we have arkham asyulm and arkham city which is the sequel to arkham asylum's batman character.

Now we have arkham knight as a sequel to arkham origin?

First, I think it is too early for a batman finale game. I think it should be in the same format as Assassin's Creed - a big game every 1.5 years. (especially when they didnt make the Dark Knight Returns video game where batman is old, it is very unique story)

2nd, I think they should make around 6 games, where batman gets progressively older, then wrap it up in a special way that only old batman would do (maybe some desperation moves to end crime, something extreme...)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arkham Knight is a sequel to Arkham City. Also, this is being made by Rocksteady again instead of by whoever made Origins. I would generally agree with the timing, but I'm betting that they've mostly been working on this since City.

As for the 6 games, I don't think this is going to be the end of the Arkham franchise. I'd really like to see them going into the future with Batman Beyond.

Last edited:
Best answers
The only batman game of that franchise that I've played was Arkham City and I loved it. Do you guys this Origins was better than City?

Best answers
Origins was okay... It had a lot of fundamental design flaws but still managed to do well. As for Arkham Knight, I can't wait!

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trailer looks great. The bat-suit resembles the movie version a bit but it's ok.

I'd really like to see them going into the future with Batman Beyond.
Oh yeah. That would be interesting. I loved the concept of Batman Beyond suit and all.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Cool trailer, the cinematics always look pretty. Too bad they didnt show any actual gameplay.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

I love the Arkham series, although not a huge fan of Origins. As for this being the finale, Rocksteady has confirmed this will be the end of the story. Whether the series might continue as something quite different, its hard to say. They might actually go back and do the Silver Age Batman there were rumors about. Or even a Superman game, which they've shown quite an interest in.

Anyway, am riding this hype train all the way to the Batmobile.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/U_K_Narayan/66awbkn.gif

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

I love the Arkham series, although not a huge fan of Origins. As for this being the finale, Rocksteady has confirmed this will be the end of the story. Whether the series might continue as something quite different, its hard to say. They might actually go back and do the Silver Age Batman there were rumors about. Or even a Superman game, which they've shown quite an interest in.

Anyway, am riding this hype train all the way to the Batmobile.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aHsNS0CkmHw/UmhGxQBkVlI/AAAAAAAAAgI/7Qph-jYHh8s/s400/hypetrain.gif
How would a silver age batman video game look like? Those comics are aimed for kids. Modern comics is much seriouz.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Seriously? WHAT THE HELL!!! i haven't played arhkam origins yet and they're making another game of it? this is why people loves Batman... Too much.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said, the original developers are working on this game unlike whoever the group was that worked on Origins.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warnerbros Interactive worked on Origins. It was mostly supposed to be filler until Rocksteady worked on the real deal.

A few tidbits:

Knight will be 5 times bigger than City, with roads widening up to allow for dem Batmobile chases.
Due to nextgen epicness we can now expect greater number of foes to fight at the same time. According to Rocksteady, bigger riots can have like 50 dudes all together.
The "Knight" in the name actually isn't Batman, but a custom made character made explicitly for the game by DC's Geoff Johns. He's supposed to be a complete rival to Batman.

And now for the weather...

Best answers
For the life of me I can't understand why people hated origins...And people complained about it for more than just the bugs.I was lucky enough not to encounter any problems with it and thought it was great.The only complaint I had with this game was that the city felt too lonely and abandoned at times, and I am not refering to civilians. City didn"t have many of those either, but still felt less lonely. I think fans never gave this game any real chance.From the moment it was announced all it had was grief and no break simply because it was not made by Rocksteady. All I saw every were was "Mark isn't the Joker, Kevin isn't Batman it's too similar" and no one ever gave it a fair chance.I guess it was a self fulfilling prophecy, when you think something is going to be bad, no matter how good it is, in your eyes it's still bad.And this happened on a large scale with the fans. I mean, seriously, why was it so unsatisfying?I am simply trying to understand what it lacked for other people?

Best answers
One of the weird things about origins, was WB Montreal's strange obsession with locked doors. Almost all of the doors needed the Crypto. Sequencer when it wasn't needed. Also the fight with deathstroke was a let down.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Batman shouldnt be able to beat him without preparing himself first (studying, gadgets) since he has fast healing, like wolverine.

Best answers
True, they could have done a great job with that battle.It was kind of a let down.They could have made it like the Mr Freeze battle in City and certain techniques should have worked only once on Deathstroke. For example they should have made the disarm and destroy move possible once on him and break one of his swords, and the next time the player would try it on his second blade, they would make Deathstroke counter Batman and force you to counter him to avoid damage.Or they could have made Deathstroke slash Batman's batarangs in half when thrown instead of just copy paste the evade move from ninjas.The first time I saw the martial artists in the demo I thought Deathstroke would be like that in a lot of ways, with more avoids and counters from both players to give it the feel of a true martial arts fight....Guess maybe the fight with Arkham Knight will be more like this...I hope.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My issue with Origins was it was kind of more of the same, which isn't bad per say but when you've played the previous games multiple times, it kinda grinds you a bit. While I did enjoy the Deathstroke fight somewhat, I was just put off seeing Batman be more than a match for him even though this is supposed to be an origins story. Batman isn't supposed to be that good yet. So its kind of odd seeing him be better than he was in Asylum or City.

You can feel the filler in your bones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom