Awesome effects, something you must try

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suggest you only try this if you have a good video card, bad video cards can be used as well, but better ones also look better, you should really try this demo that simulates realistic effects, when i first saw this i was like "wooo...****..."

http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/rthdribl/

check it out, really awesome, i wonder how long it will take before we see these realistic effetcs in games....

(@mods, admins: i didnt know where to put it, its a part gaming, but then again its not, so im sorry if i putted this in the wrong section)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its just a demo of some kind of awesome effect we might expect later in games, if you just see how high quality this is, it almost looks real

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How good a graphics card do you need? Will an ATI 9200 Radeon suffice, i've got a 9800XT 256mb but it's inactive for a while.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i got a 9800xt aswell, and if i put the graphics in this mini demo on its highest i have like 17 fps, and if i put it on its lowest (still looks amazing) i get about 90, but i dont know how good a 9200 is...

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very impressive.. I wish this guy would make this program into a screensaver. Anybody know if he has?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't look like anything to get excited about, you can do the same stuff with all the current 3d programs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, pretty old program but still nice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In case anyone is wondering, it's a program showcasing High Dynamic Range Lighting. In a nutshell, it creates more realistic lighting by simulating the way your eye reacts to light around you (eg. how your pupil slowly contracts when moving from a dark place to a light place). It also does other things which generally make the lighting more realistic. It's the kind of thing used in far cry, and (in the future) Half-Life 2. It really is some cool looking stuff.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, this is like a renderer right? If it is, i'm using it. =O

Best answers
Yup, what Hash said. Im surprised none of you realized what that is, although youve probably heard of it somewhere - they call it HDR for short. Yes, it was enabled in the 1.3 version of FarCry, and yes, it is coming for HL2 soon enough. Looks good, but cuts down on your FPS like a mother. Still is an awesome effect though, no doubt.

Best answers
I saw this a few months back, a truly amazing piece of work.

There is a mod out that adds the HDR Blooming effect to HL2, fee free to check it out, only have a FilePlanet link though, it's right here. The FAQ says it's not official HDR... but should still look cool.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah tassadar, i made a thread about it :p, but yes, you could use this as a renderer i guess, you just need to be able to put in the models and a nice background thing...

(btw here is that tread i made about the hdr mod for half life 2, with custom pics :p
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=53030)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I keep getting these wierd errors! I really want to try this! >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom