Attack power

Best answers
I think it's lame to everybody who has played this game that when he shots out a power wave and hits a building and it stays standing. So my sugestion is to make power waves destroy buildings and enviroment.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rasid11 said:
I think it's lame to everybody who has played this game that when he shots out a power wave and hits a building and it stays standing. So my sugestion is to make power waves destroy buildings and enviroment.
Is tat a fact? So why didnt tehy insert this idea into normal HL.

OHH thats right. The HL engine dosent suport destructable terrain. All you can do with making maps is entities you can blow up. But that means you kiblom the roof of teh building. And it just disapears. Shure you could add more destrutable entities in. But the more you have the more you lag.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega's right. ESF is built on the Half-Life 1 engine, and that engine simply isn't advanced enough to allow destructible terrain on the scale you're looking for.

It's possible to create destroyable buildings, but once you destroy them, they disappear completely and instantly, so it looks pretty retarded. Plus it lags the server like hell.

In other words.. not gonna happen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[QUOTE='Before you post...' Sticky]Terrain damage
There won't be any form of massive terrain damage in ESF. The halflife engine won't allow maps with much breakables without making your framerate drop drasticly.[/quote]If you don't believe it, make a map with a couple of large breakables (buildings for example) and you'll see. It makes your fps drop offline, online it also increases ping and lags up the server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom