Asheron's Call 2: Fallen Kings

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i have the beta, got too say, its THE best mmorpg i have ever played, and the retail is even more great! plus it dont cost much (15$ a month)

heres what it is for u newbies

Are you ready for the next generation of multiplayer role-playing games? Asheron's Call 2 Fallen Kings combines state of the art 3-D graphics , innovative combat and game-play and a dynamic monthly update system that immerses players in a lush, living world filled with danger and challenges.

Asheron's Call 2 takes place in a fantasy world that has been devastated by a great disaster. You and your fellow players must venture forth and shape the course of this ever-evolving world.

When it says liveing world, it means it, trees grow, towns get better, new rivers are formed.

This is what u get gfx wise, these are in-game, i have played with this much gfx myself

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats look awesome Tepus.

its based on XP and finding items that help you deviate quests right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there are dungeons or "vaults" that u can go though once u find the right ruins to get in them, and at the end u will get abit of the story line.

you have XP, Skill points, and exp, exp is used for lvling, u get xp from monsters and when u lvl, and u get skill points after lvling, skill points u can buy skills with like "Point blank" a skill that lets u use bow in meele combat, and u can use ur xp too lvl-up the skills

You also, on the retail verson, get towns, the towns start as burnt out heaps, since the storyline is that a great evil came and done evil things, and everyone went hideing while it was happaning, when they came out there towns where gone, on this game they get better once u give the towns items, gold, iron, wood etc etc, and after time the town goes from a very bunt out pile of wood to a big town/city where players can get things from like items or more "craft" skill used to make ur own items.

Players can also steal a town for there own, u can have kingdoms of maybe about 50 ppl "liveing" in a town and if someone comes to try to take it, say anouther 50 from a different place, u can defend it.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how many mhz do you think i need to run this game

Is their any AI?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Hwoarang
how many mhz do you think i need to run this game

Is their any AI?

1. er, it needs quite a ***** of a comp, im running it with 256ddr ram, a 128 gf4 MMX 440, and a athlon 2000 xp, and a 1mb line, it runs ok, not with full gfx thou.

2. Nope, everything is done by the players, makeing it seem like a real world, on the beta, you can "sell" items to urself, dragging an item onto a pic of a bag adds gold into it, depending on how good the item is, u can also buy things from other players, like weapons or items.

Best answers
Tep whats your name on there, im in the beta as well, just started though, lvl 8. Full gfx to :D im Saprophyte on there

Retired
Best answers
gonna get a new PC would this do:

2.8 Ghz Intel P4
512 MB RAM DDR
ATI Radeon 9700 PRO
120 GB HD
Cable connection

:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Judge
gonna get a new PC would this do:

2.8 Ghz Intel P4
512 MB RAM DDR
ATI Radeon 9700 PRO
120 GB HD
Cable connection

:)
gfx wise yea lol

I have a 1mb line, but its been going very very slow, so i have not playing the beta with full power of it yet lol so i dunno how i would lag ^_^

btw my names Kiyraka in it, lvl 12 archer, but it seems i cannot get onto the beta anymore, wel for the last 2 days anyways, im buyying it all the same

/music7

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its going to be crap on Xbox, it will me alot smaller then on pc, just like Morrowind was, it seems the god like xbox cannot handle that much

Best answers
You're going to have a really nice computer if you want to play this, it his very detailed so you have to get a good PC, so I can't play witch blows ass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only $15 a month? You have got to be insane. Is that American? This game looks nice and all, but if it's $15 a month American, it's not worth it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats cos u have played the beta, and not read anything about the retail, whatever, ur own prob:tired:

Best answers
i love this game my ingame name is HeroOfTime i cant wait to get the retail and i though it was $9.75 a month ah well.

Best answers
Originally posted by NightShade
it sucks. i dont like any of it really *sticks with eq*
You got EQ? Good man, so do I :p , this Asherons Call 2 game looks kick ass but like Kama said it's not worth it, and you need an awesome computer to run it.

Best answers
in truth you don't need a super computer to run it cause i do just fine with a screwed up P3 733 GeForce2(can't rember other specs on card) with a cable connection and i still played it pretty well..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pay to play = sux0rs

im not gonna pay a monthly fee to play a game i mean i already gave them like 50+ $ so why should i give them more

Retired
Best answers
it looks like its gonna be that PC. but i gotta pay half. my parents pay other half. so that means i will get a better PC for same money, by the time i got the money ;) get it a bit?

anyway, looks very nice game. might flop tho, coz of high sys req's.

and yeah i hate it that you gotta pay for MMORPG's but FFXI will come on PC (I heard) so i think its worth paying each month. its such a great game, all FF games are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom