arg hude hitboxes

Best answers
when someone swoops next to u, i mean right next to u, u will still get it, because of huge hitboxes, especially when u kick them, they are way off further than u are but u stll hit them, i heard that all hitboxes are messed up in all hl mods, is this the reason? :shocked: :shocked:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You still have the point mostly at the person, so it isn't a big deal. The hit boxes either large because they need to be (at the speed people are traveling) or because the models are scaled down from regular half life models. Hit boxes in general aren't all that good in half life though.

Best answers
ya, in natural selection, ono's hitmox is so huge it aint even funny

Best answers
Yes, in Day of Defeat a headshot could be counted as a arm shot as the arm hitbox sometimes
is in front of the head (special angles) so they decided to create a new system that calculates
if the shot would hit a more damaging region if the bullet would go through and then the damage
from the most vulnerable region is inflicted.

Well with an onos this might happen, too but how can you miss an onos??? you can snipe him with a shotgun ;-)

Best answers
if i recall correctly, in 1.0 the boxes were much larger, and in 1.1 they were slightly smaller than they are now.

Best answers
hit boxes were all was alittle large in esf

Best answers
partly, that's because esf has small models compared to most half-life mods. One quarter standard size i believe. That would make it harder to make hitboxes that fit the character, since you'd have to scale everything down.

yes, onos hitboxes are ginormous, but when you have 700 health, plus huge quantities of armor, you can kinda deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom