are you still waiting?

Best answers
yeah im waiting for hl2 its sitting there preloaded on my comp waiting to be played :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course I'm waiting. The question you're probably looking for is "are you impatient?"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no i dont, it's the same anyway.
only a high boost of 3d but that's all.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
Lmao. A "high boost of 3d"? If that how you view hl2, then surely you view every other sequel that way. Anywho, im not one of those people who constantly check for updates on hl2 or w/e, but i am looking forward to its release.

Best answers
niobe said:
Apparently you've been living under a rock the past 3 years. There's a new thing called ragdoll physics, quite possibly some of the best seen in a game ever (played it firsthand, they're AMAZING). It's not just a high boost of 3d, the engine is going to be phenomonal, expect the same great mods on HL to be eventually ported to HL2, and because it can do more on every level, it will take very long to get to the 'limit' of the engine, unlike HL1, where it has a lot of limits that hold back things like ESF. It has that kind of flexibility.

And yes, I cannot ****ing wait for this game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I wouldnt' say I'm waiting for it, or even looking forward to it. Don't get me wrong, it looks like it's going to be a pretty damn good game and all. I just have a few basic qualms:

1.) I generally dislike Valve, and always have. They struck me early on as a very juvenile company that has been letting hard working mod makers like the ESF devs carry their product and generate them ****loads of effortless income, and that bothers me because it's disrespectful and in a stupid off-center way we're all pawns.

2.) I really didn't like the first Half-Life at all. It was good, and I thought it was good, but then there was all this talk of it being revolutionary, and I don't think it was that at all. It was an even bigger turnoff when people cited some of the REASONS for considering it revolutionary:
  • OMG! Brilliant first person gameplay! YOU ARE GORDON FREEMAN! YOU EXPERIENCE THE STORY FIRST HAND!!
    Translation:
    "Dude, they totally didn't bother to put in any cutscenes and used a PR slogan to make all of us think they did it intentionally!"
  • OMG! Amazing level design!!
    Translation:
    "They took the next logical step in mapping design and made the setting more like a real place. They did this by throwing some fans, some pipes, and some minimal 3d sets of terrain or boxes down. All of these techniques were used in Quake II, of course, but Half-Life clearly does them better."
  • OMG! Brilliant Story!!
    Translation: "There's a dangerous situation and you are some poor low-level schmuck caught in the middle of it! You have to use weapons to survive and get out alive! And this story has been the story for every first person shooter prior to this ever made except for Duke Nukem!!"
However! DESPITE any fault I may have with Valve's ethical misfires, or any annoyance of the UBERHLFAN as an overall entity, I have to say that it was a good game, and I expect much better from the second. I don't think I'm going to be waiting on baited breath, but hell, I'd just be a ****ing liar if I said I wasn't going to play or love it.

However, I stopped getting my hopes up about it long ago. It'll be done when it's done, and I can't leave it at the front of my mind so much. Gabe will just disappoint us. :0(

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Well, I wouldnt' say I'm waiting for it, or even looking forward to it. Don't get me wrong, it looks like it's going to be a pretty damn good game and all. I just have a few basic qualms:

1.) I generally dislike Valve, and always have. They struck me early on as a very juvenile company that has been letting hard working mod makers like the ESF devs carry their product and generate them ****loads of effortless income, and that bothers me because it's disrespectful and in a stupid off-center way we're all pawns.

2.) I really didn't like the first Half-Life at all. It was good, and I thought it was good, but then there was all this talk of it being revolutionary, and I don't think it was that at all. It was an even bigger turnoff when people cited some of the REASONS for considering it revolutionary:
  • OMG! Brilliant first person gameplay! YOU ARE GORDON FREEMAN! YOU EXPERIENCE THE STORY FIRST HAND!!
    Translation:
    "Dude, they totally didn't bother to put in any cutscenes and used a PR slogan to make all of us think they did it intentionally!"
  • OMG! Amazing level design!!
    Translation:
    "They took the next logical step in mapping design and made the setting more like a real place. They did this by throwing some fans, some pipes, and some minimal 3d sets of terrain or boxes down. All of these techniques were used in Quake II, of course, but Half-Life clearly does them better."
  • OMG! Brilliant Story!!
    Translation: "There's a dangerous situation and you are some poor low-level schmuck caught in the middle of it! You have to use weapons to survive and get out alive! And this story has been the story for every first person shooter prior to this ever made except for Duke Nukem!!"
However! DESPITE any fault I may have with Valve's ethical misfires, or any annoyance of the UBERHLFAN as an overall entity, I have to say that it was a good game, and I expect much better from the second. I don't think I'm going to be waiting on baited breath, but hell, I'd just be a ****ing liar if I said I wasn't going to play or love it.

However, I stopped getting my hopes up about it long ago. It'll be done when it's done, and I can't leave it at the front of my mind so much. Gabe will just disappoint us. :0(
*uncontrollable eyebrow twitching*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So much time has gone by now that my initial incentive to play it as soon as I can is gone. Don't get me wrong, the game will kick ass, and i'll absolutely love it, but they can roll it out whenever they want, I don't really care anymore.

In fact, I hope it gets delayed again, that way, i'll have more time to get a new comp that will actually be able to make the game look good.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
Apparently you've been living under a rock the past 3 years. There's a new thing called ragdoll physics, quite possibly some of the best seen in a game ever (played it firsthand, they're AMAZING). It's not just a high boost of 3d, the engine is going to be phenomonal, expect the same great mods on HL to be eventually ported to HL2, and because it can do more on every level, it will take very long to get to the 'limit' of the engine, unlike HL1, where it has a lot of limits that hold back things like ESF. It has that kind of flexibility.

And yes, I cannot ****ing wait for this game.
it is just that it looks terrible and it's way to easy to make a mod.
i perveur ut2k4 more becours it's harder to handle but it has way more possebelity's.
dont get me wrong but i dont like hl at all, i only have it becours esf but that is also out of the picture for me.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
it is just that it looks terrible and it's way to easy to make a mod.
i perveur ut2k4 more becours it's harder to handle but it has way more possebelity's.
dont get me wrong but i dont like hl at all, i only have it becours esf but that is also out of the picture for me.
Well, I, for one, think that the game looks quite good, and easy mod-making can allow for some kick-ass mods, and a variety of them, IMO. Since I don't know the flexibility of the HL2 engine/modding tools, I cannot agree or disagree with your statement that UT2k4 has better possibilities, though I find it very difficult to believe that the HL2 engine will be as stiff as you are making it out to be.

To answer the question proposed in the thread, though - Yes, I am still waiting, there is, allegedly, only 1 day remaining, so I have no problem waiting that long ;)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In all honesty I haven't known about HL2 until i joined these forums. Everyone is so excited to get HL2, and I really don't understand why. Oviously it will have better graphics... I don't see how the first HL game possibly opened up for a sequel... But i guess it will be good since so many people are waiting.

I really don't know what will be so great about this game. So i guess.. no im not waiting for it.

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
In all honesty I haven't known about HL2 until i joined these forums. Everyone is so excited to get HL2, and I really don't understand why. Oviously it will have better graphics... I don't see how the first HL game possibly opened up for a sequel... But i guess it will be good since so many people are waiting.

I really don't know what will be so great about this game. So i guess.. no im not waiting for it.
You obviously haven't seen the gameplay clips. Go download them NOW.

Best answers
Fire Phoenix - first, go do what snake told you and download the gameplay clips. And about your statement that hl couldnt open up for a sequel... uhm... what?? at the end of the game you either start working for the Gman or get sent to a place with a crap load of aliens. Theres the sequel for ya.

Anywho, yeah, at the beginning I couldnt wait for HL2... but I think they announced it and made a big deal out of it too soon. After all the delays and what not... I never believe or get my hopes up when I see a release date. Ill go out and buy it when it comes out, but Im not holding my breath for it.

Although it will be a kick ass game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I don't see how the first HL game possibly opened up for a sequel...
Did you beat the same Half-Life I'm talking about? It screams sequel. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
doom3.....nuff said...

well ill say a little more so i dont get warned for spamming. i never wait for games to come out, i have much more things to do than that. its just a waste of effort, however, doom was a pleasant surprise, and its VERY easy to mod ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom