Are you satisfied with 1.0's Melee System?

Best answers
How do you all feel about the Melee System in 1.0, and do you think 1.1 will be any different melee-wise?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We dont know what it would be like in 1.1, but theres an OUTLINE of Beta 1.1 in the Newbie Central section. PCJoe said it would be more advanced, and ping wouldnt be a big issue... But I'm not sure....
If you dont want to look for the outline, http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20602 heres the thread. I'm not sure if its all right, but most of it should be..

Best answers
I see, but that outline isn't official though, so basically we're back where we started, not knowing what's finished and what's not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was an original, but I lost the link :D

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, I know the ups and downs of 1.1 melee and I assure you it isn't the same as 1.1 at all, aside from smashes. You'll have to just wait and play it yourself to find out what I mean. It is vastly improved.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you a ****ing beta tester or something ,how would you know all these things.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by The Midget Mang
im sure he has his ways ;)
Bingo. I'm not dumb enough to spread the specifics around on the forums though. The release is close enough that you shouldn't have to flip out over it anyway.

Best answers
Isn't Melee all about DBZ? I'd consider the blasts an add-on, it's mostly fighting if you really think about it

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ battles are crap. Nothing but blurry fighting, smashing, and an occational beam. Just because they are crap doesn't mean they can't be fun though. The 1.0 and 1.1 melee systems come closer to matching the show then any DBZ mod before ESF. If you disagree, you can go watch either of the Goku vs. Vegeta battles and see what I'm talking about.

Beams are not what DBZ is about. Beams are just an extension of the fighter's energy, like a big furry glowing punch of doom. They normally are just saved to finish people off, and they were never spammed (the signature moves anyway) like they are in ESF now. Maybe instead of spawn protection the team could put a lag between signature beams, so that you couldn't just charge up and fire another kame for something like ... say, 6 or 7 seconds. Sounds good to me.

Best answers
I like the current melee system, but the block countering is getting fixed, so it will be MUCH better in the next release, praise be to jah!

Best answers
no they shouldnt...
the meele in 1.0 is what gives it its speed without it ur just back at the start

Best answers
What was the melee in alpha??????

Was there no swooping or somethin?

Best answers
What is this? How would anyone know what the melee system is like when no one has played it. I don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom