Are you a closet ESF'er?

Best answers
The other day we had a friendly clannie between two icafes, and my team was utterly owned :( , but afterwards, a clanmate of mine says to me, its a shame we didnt have an DragonballZ clannie, then at least we could have let Zol beat the crap out of em! (Cue laughter from the *hardcore* cs players, no laughter from esf players on the other hand :/ )

How is the mod percieved in your part of the world? Are you also insulted for your choice of game? Are you mocked and teased coz you would rather hit a guy in the face than shoot him with a silly gun?

(The attitude of cs players towards "ESF'ers", well, it pisses me off just a little bit)

Best answers
Hmmmmm...i would have to say yes
(although i do like CS) ESF is a game i enjoy playing over all......So i say
IM PROUD TO B AN ESF'er
I c this mod as a the BEST and frown apon the ppl that cant think outside the cs square.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
To tell you all the truth, i only bought half life for esf, i got into the pc scene too late for half life. I only first played half life multiplayer yesterday...
and im probably the only person on these forums to have never played cs...
So im proud to be an esf'er as well ;)
(runs away before the "your such a noob!" taunts begin)

Best answers
When i first saw my mates playing CS i thought what was the big deal about it, i have nothing against it exept for the fact that it is definatly not n00b friendly, even once i got good at it, it still seemed a little pointless to run around and get shot in about 3 secs, then wait for everyone else to die, which can sometimes take forever!! but anyway i must say that with ESF you get alot less people getting agravated with the game, in i-cafes you hear alot less swearing and a lot more amazement with how someone did such a thing. but enough babbling i just want to say that ESF owns CS and that i am a true closet ESF'er =) happy playing

Best answers
i definately enjoy ESF and im gagging to play it. Been in UNI since september and i don't have internet. I'm comin' home for a few days expect me on the servers playing the game i know and love =D

Also i think the new melee system is gunna rock soz for off topic but i don't get much time to post in the right places.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love ESF I don't care what other say I will always like esf this game is awesome you meet new people you get along better ! On cs you say hi and they start telling you **** or when you owned them they think your using hacks and stuff.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I like the game, but I think the ESF gaming community can get as bad as the CS commnunity at times, but that's just the penalty of online games.

I've met some really cool people playing the mod ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Psht.

ESF skill requirements> CS skill requirements.

Some noob can HS me holding down the trigger on his AK-47 any day. It's quite different if he tries to swoop at me.

CS has a lot more teamwork involved; but I mean that's its focus. ESF is more of a 1v1 type deal.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if you ask here, you'll most likely get "I'm definitly an ESF'er" and if you ask at the Counter-Strike forums you'll most likely get "I'm definitly a CS'er"

You'll only get a biased opinion asking here, although i'm definitly an ESF'er (went off CS since it updated)

Best answers
Although this is an esf forum and the majority of ppl here enjoy playing esf and would prolly choose it over ANY other mod.....this aint the only game ppl play...i love a bit of AVP2 and BattleField and WC3 but i always find myself playing ESF till 4am evenknow i know i have to b at work at 8am..(not to sound like a looser or anythin)

what im trying to say is that with the amount of games to play theres no way this could b totaly bias becuz ppl chose (out of all the game forums) to poast here.
This isnt about bias or if ur an ESF'er, its y ur an ESF'er and how its viewed in other circles....hmm seems iv gone offtopic....(thinks of a way to get back on topic.)

ESF ROCKS!!!!!! (phew)

Best answers
i play it outwardly as a flaming homo... bad analogy... anyways i play it all the time and dont give 2 ****s what anyone else thinks... HELL i play it at school and get a crowd around me everytime i do.... they are simply AMAZED at what they can do in the game that most of them forget about cs and ask me to burn it for them (speaking of which is what i need to do after i post this 3 cd's :p) there is of course the CS'ers that say "why do u bring this bull**** with flying ppl that scream instead of cs" and i merely retort "cause i like playing a good game that i dont have to wait after i die" and they immediatly start... flaming me so to speak... of course i got the crowd to back me up... but even if i didnt i would back up ESF all the way i play esf and im DAMN hell proud of it

Best answers
The way i see it, its nice to have variety.
Its fun to shoot someone down, its also fun to have a fantasy/anime type game. Allows people to use there imagination a bit.

Honestly, i advertize ESF at lan parties and i find more players that way.
In fact i find more people interested in ESF than in anything else. The gameplay is downright addicting, especially to new players trying to master it.

Now i'm a hardcore Quake3 addict. thats something I'll always love.
But lately I've been playing ESF constantly.
It even takes away from "Quake Time"
That says alot :shocked:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i liked esf in the alphas because it was fun, but in the beta i hate the game. i find it really stupid and not fun.

CS pwns esf anyday.

cs>esf
tfc>esf
dod>esf

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the alpha was too buggy though(not that beta 1.2 isn't at all)

but i still like the mod regardless, im a dbz and half life fan so this mod is a double whammy for me.

Best answers
I'm not so sure about ESF, I think that its getting far too 'advanced' for me to keep playing, I'm not really interested in pulling off gigantic combos, I just wanna blow **** up, and smack people around a bit, like it is now. I have a feeling ESF may die out on my list of good games. I could be wrong however.

On the topic of CS and ESF, CS definatly takes more skill, unlike in ESF, your aim matters, if you DO get shot by a jumping 12 year old holding down a AK-47 then its pure luck, ESF is different, its in a different category. CS is incredibly team based, while in ESF people go around and do whatever the **** hey want.

Best answers
Guys who've said that this forum will just say "ESF is good" you need to read the topic again. And those who did just say that, you too.

Anyways, my friends think it's awesome, but they don't play it too often, more interested in their own little DBZ and game engines. My little brothers friends don't like it, basically because they have to actually read the manual to be able to play it. They suck.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been playing CS for about 4 years... but after ESF came out, I pretty much stopped all together. I was even a captain of a CS clan that did fairly well, allthough we only tried one season of CAL, we were in the top 5 in about 5 or 6 OGL ladders for about a year or two. We started our second season of cal with a 2-0 record, but then Most of us really didn't want to play CS as much, or pay for a server monthly.

I beleive ESF is far better than CS. CS was great for it's simplicity and user friendly controls, the best shooter out right now in my opinion. It was suprisingly fun for how simple it was. Plus being in a clan made the game 5X better. Matches would require coming up with strategies on each map. With each map would come a whole new strategy. Esf has the same characteristics, The only weakness I can see is the lack of teamwork, but it's still very fun and involves a whole different style a gameplay, that I prefer over CS.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm ridiculed by my friends for playing a mod based on dbz when I bring it up lol. The thing is that I always bug people to play it though because its such a great game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom