Are they or Are they not?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What about the Buster Cannon idea? Would seem reasonable. I know that the flamethrower is Burning Attack and Im very glad that he has a new move. Its alright if those are only the games you have played. It would seem logically to base ESF from what you have seen before...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think if trunk's sword was a selectable attack, then that would own, but that doesnt seem the case. And trunks burning attack should be a ball, and alot more damaging, well... thats if you want to mirror the series...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have no idea if it's a powerful attack or not. To my knowledge he only used it twice, Once against Frieza and Cold (dodged!) and then against Hatchyack which killed him, but possibly because it was merged with a Masenko, two Kamehameha's and a Final Flash :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
OK:

a) Burning Attack was a blast that moved incrediably fast and left a large explosion that blinds anyone who sees it. Don't take the advice of other games ;)

b) I know I don't know anything about Trunks' transformation stats (or anyone elses) but he's been confirmed as getting USSJ as a transformation, which in the show slows down the character. If it does that in ESF then Trunks will be slower than ever, so if he has a high base speed then at least that does something to counterbalance that disadvantage.
I say have USSJ act just like any other trans, let it increase speed, power, life and ki. if anyone says something like "we cant have that! it will be wrong and untrue to the show!" well theres already quite a few things unaccurate and wrong. I doubt anyone would trans to ussj because of the speed lose, this game is based more on speed than power...

KidBoy17 said:
* Goes SSJ and Fires a beam at Raven* 0wned!
You attack one of us, you attack us all! watch yourself! :devgrin:

Best answers
that's an interesting idea Logan289. Where did you get it and can it be used with any other beam? it would be a huge advantage for players :D
Get a small ball in the palm of someone that is firing the beam and no small ball when the player is firing a generic ball.
Also is there a way to get the explosions to ball form like in 1.1?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder if we complain about the Burning Attack more if they will change it? Kinda like a Martin Lurther King Jr. Thing... Show no mercy and kill all humans? Something like that? * Goes SSJ again and fires a giant ball of energy at Raven... again!*

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright I think they should add these characters to ESF later on or could add them now... But still how cool would it be to have:
- Adult Gohan (one in the Buu Saga)
- Android #16
- Bardock
- Chiaotsu
- Dabura
- Dodoria
- Dr. Gero
- Goten
- Great Saiyaman
- Hercule
- Jacie ( The Orange Auzzie)
- Kid Trunks
- Nappa
- Raditz
- Supreme Kai
- Tien
- Ubb ( the first time we meet him)
- Videl
- Yamcha
- Zarbon
It would give alot of possiblities to matches and such... Such as Only using characters from the Saiyen Saga or something like that.... Think it over and add anyone that I might have missed....

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eep. That's one heck of a big list.

True, it would be neat to have a lot of characters in, for the sake of variety. However, when you take into account how many models would need to be made, plus the number of animations, plus balancing issues (what attacks to give each character, speed, transformations, for instance), that'd be one heck of a big task. But, that's not to say you shouldn't try suggesting some of those characters. However, to see all of those characters...well, that'd be a lot of work O_O

If you can make detailed suggestions on some of those characters, though, then, by all means, do so!

Just a side note: please do not double-post. If you feel you need to add something your previous post, edit it on using the edit button. ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm well I will do the list on here and add to it everynow and then...
Adult Gohan -
Transformations: Super Saiyen 1 and 2, Mystic Gohan.
Moves: Kamehameha
Super Move: Super Kamhehameha, Much bigger version of the Kamehameha
Speed: Same has Goku or Vegeta

Android #16 -
Transformations: Ummm do Androids have any? Could be used in the buddy System with 17 and 18.
Moves: Rocket Punch. Shoots his hand off at lightinging Speed and can withstand being blasted.
Super Move: Hell Flash. 16 puts his hands in his armpits and disconnects his arms, revealing blasters. The beam he emits is very very hot and powerful.
Speed: Same as Android 17 or 18

Bardock -
Transformations: Don't really have a clue since Frieza killed him off fast. Maybe an anger explosion get more power or something.
Moves: Riot Javelin. Throws an energy blast like a Javelin.
Heat Phalanx. Warps to the enemy and uppercuts them with a fist surrounded in fire, could go into a combo with that.
Super Move: Spirit of Saiyans. Gets angry, looks at his his and remember his 4 best friends that got killed by frieza. His hand glows green and he does a series of punches before slamming the person to the ground. Soon followed by his fist into thier stomach and then he unleashes his energy into them.
Speed: Same as Captin Ginyu

Dabura -
Transformations: Demonic Will. Black and Blood Red Energy surrounds his body and his his glow red.
Moves: Hell's Blitz. Throws a dark energy ball similar to Riot Javelin.
Evil Blast: Shoots a huge pure Black Ball of energy at his enemy's. Somewhat similar to Big Bang but not as powerful.
Super Move: Hell Blade Rush. Does a series of sword attacks ( Yes, this guy has a demonic sword that he uses alot) and knows the enemy to the ground. He rushes up to them and fires a huge beam in their face when they get up.
Speed: 10 points less then Majin (Fat) Buu

Dr. Gero (Android 20) -
Transformations: Yet again I do not know if Androids transform.
Moves: Photon Wave. Shoots a Yellow ball which somewhat resembles an arrow at his foes.
Ki Absorbtion: Can absorb weak energy attacks and replenishes his own ki with it but can not absorb moves like Kamehameha, Galick Gun and Super Moves.
Super Move: Life Absorbtion. Warps to the enemy and hold on to him. Begins to drain his heal away and replenish his own. Its small health of course. After that he pushes his victim away and shoots eye lasers out to hit them.
Speed: 5 points less then Android 17

Goten -
Transformations: Super Saiyan and fusion or buddy system with kid Trunks.
Moves: Kamehameha
Charge: Jumps in the ari and hits his foe with hs head at lightining fast speed.
Super Move: Has none unless buddy system or fusion is in.
Speed: Same as Krillin's

Great Saiyaman -
Transformations: Super Saiyan
Moves: Justice Punch. Uppercuts his foe then comes down on them with a fist surrounded in energy.
Justice Kick: Does a cork screw kick to his foes from long distance.
Super Move: Justice Pose. Does a Series of punchs and kicks then knocks them to the ground. Apon doing so he does a pose to boost his stats up by 2. Can only boost your stats up 3 times to make it a total of 6.
Speed: Same as Gohan

Hercule - (uses a Jet pack to fly)
Transformations: High Tension. Uses a Jet pack to give him a boost of speed and power. Good technology to fight the people who use camera and magic tricks ;)
Moves: Dynamite Kick: Does three kicks to the enemy then kicks them away.
Rolling Punch: Does a sommersult to the enemy. Leaps out of the roll to give them 4 sucker punches.
Super Move: Present for you. Gives the enemy an Explosive GBA. Hercule runs off and detonates the GBA in the enemy's face.
Speed: Same as Krillin

Kid Trunks -
Transformations: Super Saiyan and fusion or buddy system with Goten.
Moves: Double Buster. Shoots a yellow beam out of both hands which are in the position of Galick Gun's.
Final Cannon. Shoots a yellow Ball of Energy at his enemy's.
Super Move: Has none unless buddy system or fusion is in.
Speed: Same has Krillin's

Still more to come!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh.... Umm I want to bump my post to make sure people will read it incase I have missed anything... Sorry about it Mods and Admin....

Best answers
Theres no sorry to it.. just don't do it... Your idea for Hercule (Mr. Satan) seems like a direct rip off of what Budokai did with him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FFS kidboy you play way too damn much budokai 3.
You know most of the moves in the show arent named right... yea so dont start.

Raven has a good point.
Logan.. cooler rocks :) and he is not a frieza clone; he has his own moves... and he gets bigger!

Trunks is pretty stupid though... seriously.

Hes not that good, hes weak, and unless your kicking or throwing he doesnt really kill stuff very fast.

Even buster cannon isnt that strong. The sword isnt that great either, it should add extra melee damage + the thign it already does. if he goes Super Trunks (I'm not saying ultra super s because it sounds ***) and he deos get beefier... o well, give him finish buster so he can own people.

Burning attack... to make him remotely usefull, it should work like a ranged solar flare, throwing it then blinding people within xx radius.

I dont know, i dont find trunks a very usefull addition to the game other than to beat on him when hes SS so i can gain pl faster.

Do something guys, and whats with the deathwave logan... i dont even remember what it does.

Best answers
Majin_You said:
As I stated in my original post on that subject, I observed Burning Attack as a beam in the Super Butouden (SP?) games for SNES as well as Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout for PSX. In all 4 of those games, the Burning Attack was a beam. Naturally, though, I can imagine Budokai is more in sync with what was shown in the series. However, I just felt it necessary to state that, in the games I've played, Burning Attack was a beam.
Alright. In thouse games the Burning attack has been a beam. But in the more modern games (Budokai 2-3, Legacy of Goku 2,Legendery Super Warriors, Supersonic Warriors and DBZ Legends) and even the series the BA has always been a "ball" attack. Im not asking to completely remove the beam option of the attack. Just give the secondary fuction be a ball attack (with %10 less blind timer,for balance). You could give the beam version an improved blind time to give players a reason to use the beam over the Ball attack.

Also as Trunks being a Melee character, Like stated above , Trunks is too slow to be an effective melee character. Also his 5% HP instagib isnt an enough of a melee advantage (Perhaps a +2 dmg bonus?).

And if the team decides to give him USSJ transformation, Have it be Optional. USSJ's get a massive speed penalty (Assuming the team will stay true to this). If the player decides to become an USSJ, Perhaps you could improved beam attacks, A slow character isnt gonna be doing much melee.

Well thats what i have to say, My 2 cents..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, why they are rip off's from the Budokai series is because it is from the series. Those games are as close as they have ever gotten to the real thing. And the names are correct. Please, by all means, point out where they gave a wrong name to Goku's Move's or to Trunks?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well anyways... The guys wanted me to give them a good description of the characters from the list I gave them. They said they might use them in the future so I figure it would help them out greatly.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mastasurf said:
Ginyu will be able to switch bodies. The burning attack with remain a beam. Krillin will no longer grow an afro when he transforms and we haven't discussed giving Piccolo regeneration. Goku is already stacked as is so we are undecided on giving him the kaioken. There are no plans on giving Gohan a father son kamehameha, but it's an interesting idea.
but why would you play as ginyu just to be anotgher class (even thou it is in dbz , i really couldn't see the point of it happening , it could get spammed by ubers)

goku is good enough as he is , giving him ko ken needs to come at a different cost other then ki/health , he could just be tired after using ko ken to whatever amount of ko ken the player uses , then he could be slow after it is completly used up or for the rest of that life or sumething

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.... here's a thought, maybe the bodyswitch will give you power, or their attacks, or their stats... seems like a good enough reason to bodyswap to me >_>

I agree with Chitenga on most things.... See i really dont understand why burning attack cant be a ball... i mean, surely its better like that seeming he has a lack of attacks and his blatent slowness. Buster Cannon didnt even exist in the series, the only attack that he did use that's anything romotely like a signature move was the one he used to finish cell in his own time (where he stands on the floor, arms in air and shoots a huge beam). =\ As this is a game it depends on balance i know, its just trunks isnt close enough to the series for my tastes, yet he has such potential. Especially if he could go USSJ, because i know myself that sometimes it helps to be a little slower, and the huge powerlevel wud make it worth it... i mean in the series marai trunks was just behind Goku, Vegeta and Gohan, in terms of power, yet in esf... although he can be played to his strengths is still unballanced methinks.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i actually took a good look at dbz vol 3.15 cell unstopable , it seems to me there are atleat 3 or 4 differ transes of ussj , trunks powered up that many times or so , maybe he could have ussj the ussj2 (i don't know what the multiplers would be set to for ussj) but maybe trunks could have a rage feature for ussj that increases his pl by 200,00 or something , to gain this thou , you would have to have a certain pl

Best answers
a note about krillins destructo disc: i think they/you should make it so it drains less energy and is completed alot faster. (against frieza in his second stadge Krillin throws several destructo discs in the blink of an eye.) It would make him more dangerous and more fun to play as if you could hammer someone with alot of discs within a handfull of seconds,i mean its not that unfair..discs head on at a okey distance is very easy to dodge with swoop or teleport.

ginyu's possibly body switch...i think you should make it that you assume the targets body and their strongest-attack but still keep yours and gets the targets voice but a little darker or lighter,and pl increase similur to a kick. (and you can only change body every 10-30 second? and if you change from ginyu to goku you get kamehameha but if you change then from goku to vegeta you loose kamehameha and get gallickgun...no ssj priv. because he wouldnt know how transform into a ssj..in other words if he changes body i dont think he should be able to transform with them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom