Are they or Are they not?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys make perfect valid points that I didn't even think of. I totally agree about the Burining Attack. Trunks gets rapped in the *** because of how weak the beam is. If it was a blast then he could be over to the person and do some damage instead of taking it in the ***. I think Frieza should have the Death Wave cause it owns. For a joke character i think they need to put in Master Roshi! He's own! He's huge form would be his transformation( if you saw Dragon Ball you know what Im talking about). I hate to say this but I don't think everyone should have generic beam cause then it takes up slots for what the person could really have i.e Frieza and the Death Wave or Gohan and his Father-son Kamehameha....

Best answers
well if we want to be all technical gohans father son kamehameha is nothing more than gohan ssj 2 unleashing his potential however it would be kinda cool to have that attack and during a beam struggle start having goku yelling at gohan to unleash his full power and then gohan gets a massive jump in power.. or how about this a berserk mode for gohan (just like in the series) if he gets close to death his rage takes over and his power lvl doubles (or something like that) . as for trunks hes better left in the show because i get raped with him all the time if i play him . and as for frieza his finger laser isnt one big stream of energy it is more like an arrow traveling at super speeds. but having it instantly hit someone when its shot is kinda.... well annoying. but im not here to complain i was just pointing out the fact that the team had the show in mind but let some of it to their imagination. still the best dbz game out there... oh and btw in case any of u were thinking about play DBZ - Sagas....DONT. its the lamest piece of **** rendition of a dragonballz game i have ever played stick with budokai 3 for ps2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trunks needs to be made faster. Seriously. Why people like Krillen and Frieza, yes Frieza...the person that trunks defeated so damn easily because of SPEED, are faster than Trunks i dont know :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Buu's too fast too, I think he should be the slowest character. Maybe he could just switch speeds with Trunks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thatd be going too far :/ Buu's speed is perfect imo, he should be the fastest, as the point in dbz of where esf is at, is during the evil buu saga, and goku had to be ssj3 to compete with Fat Buu. Even then he couldnt sustain his ssj3 form for long.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
oh god imagine you with death wave...
o_o

I'm innocent! I swear! *fires a finger laser at some random passerby*

What? o_O

Best answers
I'm innocent! I swear! *fires a finger laser at some random passerby*
aarrghh my eye!!!!!

any way i think trunks should be faster and burning atack as a blast instead of beam ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
thatd be going too far :/ Buu's speed is perfect imo, he should be the fastest, as the point in dbz of where esf is at, is during the evil buu saga, and goku had to be ssj3 to compete with Fat Buu. Even then he couldnt sustain his ssj3 form for long
That's not an argument, ESF doesn't use almost any realistic power ratios that are true to the show, it's balanced instead. If it was true to the show then Buu would come out tops on everything, and he's already unbalanced.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually really like that idea raven. Switching buus and trunks melee speed will balance out buu a bit and make trunks actually usefull in melee.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm, isn't this the same like the gallitgun...........almost the same as genetic beam?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, I did not know that the Burning Attack was incorrect, at all. In all of the DBZ fighting games I've played (that's the SNES ones and the GT game for PSX [which isn't DBZ, but it does have the Burning Attack]) the Burning Attack was a beam. Now, I do not know if that compares with the show (I haven't sat down to watch DBZ in ages), but it does match up with what's been used in the other games that included it.

As for Krillin with unlocked potential, well, since his "transformation" takes him to the way he is in the Androids part of DBZ, I'm assuming the transformation already incorporates the unlocked potential. However, if the afro-toting Krillin is troubling, steps can be taken to change that :)

As for switching the speeds for Buu and Trunks, well...imo, that should wait until new transformations are fully integrated. My guess is that this will affect character speeds to some extent.

However, as you all likely know, ideas shift about all the time, and you should not be surprised if any number of the above suggestions make it in for 1.3's release. The team is always watching :eek:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK:

a) Burning Attack was a blast that moved incrediably fast and left a large explosion that blinds anyone who sees it. Don't take the advice of other games ;)

b) I know I don't know anything about Trunks' transformation stats (or anyone elses) but he's been confirmed as getting USSJ as a transformation, which in the show slows down the character. If it does that in ESF then Trunks will be slower than ever, so if he has a high base speed then at least that does something to counterbalance that disadvantage.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
b) I know I don't know anything about Trunks' transformation stats (or anyone elses) but he's been confirmed as getting USSJ as a transformation, which in the show slows down the character. If it does that in ESF then Trunks will be slower than ever, so if he has a high base speed then at least that does something to counterbalance that disadvantage.
It is true that if USSJ will be included, that would (with the show kept in mind) created a marked decrease in speed. However, I am going under the assumption that, if USSJ is included, the team will make Trunks' lower forms faster to accomodate. There'd be little sense in creating that kind of disadvantage in Trunks' higher form without compensating by creating some sort of perk in his lower form(s). These are all balance issues that are probably best implemented after all the characters are complete.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
OK:

a) Burning Attack was a blast that moved incrediably fast and left a large explosion that blinds anyone who sees it. Don't take the advice of other games ;)

Good point you got there. I'll try to bring it up in the next meeting.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YAY!!! People have ideas!!! Anyways I like the Trunks speed idea. You know what would be a classic thing is have Cell have a move where he absorbs 18 or 17 and have that kill the person who is 18 or 17 in the game! CLASSIC LOL! You know how people kill other people who trans? Well I have come up with a fair way to solve the problem. When you are trans you should be able to take half the damage as you would if you are not. Your not invincible or anything so you can still die. Sounds fair to me but Im a n00b so what do I know.... OH! Mecha Frieza should be in too! That would be sweet! Also I think the animation for the GallickGun should be changed. When he powers up that **** ring pops up and you can't aim very well with it. It makes me a Sad Panda.... * Goes SSJ and Fires a beam at Raven* 0wned!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno what games you took Burning Attack from where they looked just like beams. I played the Budokai games and DBZ Legends and both games made Burning Attack Trunks' strongest attack and it was a projectile. Making burning attack into a beam JUST to give trunks something to beam struggle with wasn't a good choice. What about frieza? He has nothing to struggle with except generic beams. Both trunks and frieza don't NEED any special beam attack to make them great. Besides...Burning attack isn't very strong to beam struggle with. Generic Beam seems stronger.

So I guess what I'm saying is, please talk about this at your next meeting like you said. I'm sure many people will be happy.

KidBoy17 said:
YAY!!! People have ideas!!! Anyways I like the Trunks speed idea. You know what would be a classic thing is have Cell have a move where he absorbs 18 or 17 and have that kill the person who is 18 or 17 in the game! CLASSIC LOL! You know how people kill other people who trans? Well I have come up with a fair way to solve the problem. When you are trans you should be able to take half the damage as you would if you are not. Your not invincible or anything so you can still die. Sounds fair to me but Im a n00b so what do I know.... OH! Mecha Frieza should be in too! That would be sweet! Also I think the animation for the GallickGun should be changed. When he powers up that **** ring pops up and you can't aim very well with it. It makes me a Sad Panda.... * Goes SSJ and Fires a beam at Raven* 0wned!
Its already been stated Cell will have no absorbing attacks. Also, it seems you DO take 1/2 the damage while transforming. I throw a full charged deathball at someone transforming and they dont die. I fire another at the same person, and they're already transformed, and they die. Also, Mecha Frieza wont be in, but we can always hope for a model, right? As for the Gallick Gun charge, you can get others at www.esf-world.com that are made to make the sight better.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan289 said:
I dunno what games you took Burning Attack from where they looked just like beams. I played the Budokai games and DBZ Legends and both games made Burning Attack Trunks' strongest attack and it was a projectile. Making burning attack into a beam JUST to give trunks something to beam struggle with wasn't a good choice. What about frieza? He has nothing to struggle with except generic beams. Both trunks and frieza don't NEED any special beam attack to make them great. Besides...Burning attack isn't very strong to beam struggle with. Generic Beam seems stronger.

So I guess what I'm saying is, please talk about this at your next meeting like you said. I'm sure many people will be happy.
I second that! ;) Man the animations whould be crazy to do.... But you could be lazy like in Budokai 2 and 3 where they make his hands blurred.... And if you guys are going to add in Burning Attack then he has a Beam to Struggle with. Though Im not sure how you guys will go about doing that since he did a 10 slash combo to frieza then blasted the gibbed parts with his attack.... COOLER SHOULD BE IN! OR GARLIC JR.!!!! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! O_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
I second that! ;) Man the animations whould be crazy to do.... But you could be lazy like in Budokai 2 and 3 where they make his hands blurred.... And if you guys are going to add in Burning Attack then he has a Beam to Struggle with. Though Im not sure how you guys will go about doing that since he did a 10 slash combo to frieza then blasted the gibbed parts with his attack.... COOLER SHOULD BE IN! OR GARLIC JR.!!!! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! O_O
They stated no movie content will be in ESF. Though I love cooler, he'd just be a Frieza copy. And Garlic Jr. would only have one transformation...and as far as I know, he has NO attacks other than Death Zone. And death zone would be insta-kill and it would be cheap. So no...no movie stuff. or GT stuff. sorry.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan289 said:
They stated no movie content will be in ESF. Though I love cooler, he'd just be a Frieza copy. And Garlic Jr. would only have one transformation...and as far as I know, he has NO attacks other than Death Zone. And death zone would be insta-kill and it would be cheap. So no...no movie stuff. or GT stuff. sorry.
Ah your right.... I forgot... Well if you think about it, Cooler was different then Frieza in Budokai 3 but still... There can always be hopes and reasm my friend... Im Surprised they didn't have Kid Gohan trans to Teen who trans in SSJ then SSJ2.... I mean it would make sense since Frieza and Cell have alot of trans and Goku... OPh Another thing they should give trunks.... They gave him Finish Buster, why not give him Buster Cannon? That would be something they could give a non SSJ trunks then he loses it and it changes to Finish Buster... ;)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Ah your right.... I forgot... Well if you think about it, Cooler was different then Frieza in Budokai 3 but still... There can always be hopes and reasm my friend... Im Surprised they didn't have Kid Gohan trans to Teen who trans in SSJ then SSJ2.... I mean it would make sense since Frieza and Cell have alot of trans and Goku... OPh Another thing they should give trunks.... They gave him Finish Buster, why not give him Buster Cannon? That would be something they could give a non SSJ trunks then he loses it and it changes to Finish Buster... ;)
Transformations are big on the agenda for 1.3. Transformations for Gohan, Frieza, Cell, and, well, every character will be put in to accomodate how they developed in DBZ (minus the movie content, as previously stated). Trunks does have another attack planned for him, which is in the WIP stage, at the moment. It's the "flamethrower" that is in the POTW right now. Naturally, this will be tweaked, so don't let the POTW be the sole determination in what you think of the "flamethrower".

Logan289 said:
I dunno what games you took Burning Attack from where they looked just like beams.
As I stated in my original post on that subject, I observed Burning Attack as a beam in the Super Butouden (SP?) games for SNES as well as Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout for PSX. In all 4 of those games, the Burning Attack was a beam. Naturally, though, I can imagine Budokai is more in sync with what was shown in the series. However, I just felt it necessary to state that, in the games I've played, Burning Attack was a beam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom