Best answers
It's two minutes too long.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why don't you upload a recording of you perfectly performing the song?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why don't you upload a recording where you've listened to your own recording, corrected your ****ty transitions and mistakes, and then recorded it when you know what the **** you're doing? After the crits on your last song, this one should've been better - not worse.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems a little hectic. Things changed too much and too quickly, I wasn't sure where I was. It's fine to have contrasting sections, but you need to be careful planning them. Your technique's not bad though, the timing was a little off in places, especially the solo.

That's the mean stuff out the way! I enjoyed the part around 1 min, taking a break from your regular rhythm was nice. If the solo were tighter, I'm sure that would have been good too. It was nowhere as dissonant as your last one, there were no notes that made me cringe. Try recording something then listen back to it a few times, you should be able to pick out which transitions went wrong and when your timings go off. Guitar Pro or something similar can help a lot. It lets you alter things without playing and you can hear and see the timings.

Keep at it!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your wrist/forarm is getting tired. practice downstrokes at different tempo's (use a metronome) until you're comfortable at all speeds over an extended period.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It's two minutes too long.
Viper said:
Why don't you upload a recording of you perfectly performing the song?
Avenger said:
Why don't you upload a recording where you've listened to your own recording, corrected your ****ty transitions and mistakes, and then recorded it when you know what the **** you're doing? After the crits on your last song, this one should've been better - not worse.
Hold on, i got this:

dude, take a ******* pill or something, at the very least pull your head out your ass.

at the end of the day, he just recorded something and threw it online, nothing more. if he'd presented it as "hey i spent 3 days in a studio laying down tracks, and i'm gonna send this to a record label", well sure i'd agree that it's a ****ty job. but he didn't, he's just a guy expressing his hobby.

take it for what it is, not what you want it to be. ******* jerk.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm I improvised the solo at the moment. Thanks, anyway : ) I actually don't make mistakes when I'm not recording. I just get a ****ty feeling when I record and forget all of it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...you make mistakes when you don't record as well. You just don't listen to yourself from an objective point of view when you do that.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hold on, i got this:

dude, take a ******* pill or something, at the very least pull your head out your ass.

at the end of the day, he just recorded something and threw it online, nothing more. if he'd presented it as "hey i spent 3 days in a studio laying down tracks, and i'm gonna send this to a record label", well sure i'd agree that it's a ****ty job. but he didn't, he's just a guy expressing his hobby.

take it for what it is, not what you want it to be. ******* jerk.
My point was that if he wants proper feedback, he should give us something with as few mistakes as possible. Why? Because most of the feedback will be wasted on issues he's already aware of.
Yes, I know you like to feel important, but please refrain from posting unless you know what you're talking about.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Friendly advice: Learn to play with a metronome, seriously. You have a few too many rhythmical mistakes, your tempo changes on its own, the riffs themselves are okay, but that means nothing if you can't put a song together.

Basically, take that recording and try to tab it in Guitar Pro exactly like you played it, and frankly, you'll see A LOT of red bars. That means something ain't right there. Also, you can't just change riffs just like that. Your technique is good, but you lack finesse, which you can't really have when playing as long as you are, but just keep practicing (again, WITH A METRONOME) and you'll be able to do these things.

Another word of advice, consider learning to write drums in Guitar Pro for your songs, not only does it make the song feel more complete, it also really helps you put your song together, because the drums are the skeleton of the song. Hence when recording a demo, you always do the drums first, then the bass, THEN the guitars and finally the vocals.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Friendly advice: Learn to play with a metronome, seriously. You have a few too many rhythmical mistakes, your tempo changes on its own, the riffs themselves are okay, but that means nothing if you can't put a song together.

Basically, take that recording and try to tab it in Guitar Pro exactly like you played it, and frankly, you'll see A LOT of red bars. That means something ain't right there. Also, you can't just change riffs just like that. Your technique is good, but you lack finesse, which you can't really have when playing as long as you are, but just keep practicing (again, WITH A METRONOME) and you'll be able to do these things.

Another word of advice, consider learning to write drums in Guitar Pro for your songs, not only does it make the song feel more complete, it also really helps you put your song together, because the drums are the skeleton of the song. Hence when recording a demo, you always do the drums first, then the bass, THEN the guitars and finally the vocals.
Hmmm I do something like the same. Do the song on the guitar, tab it to guitar pro, play with guitar pro and then record. Actually, I always record with drums.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm I do something like the same. Do the song on the guitar, tab it to guitar pro, play with guitar pro and then record. Actually, I always record with drums.
It's fine to toy with the idea on guitar then tabbing it later when you get a feel for what you want. If the timings are fine in Guitar Pro, it may mean that you're not playing it quite right. Try listening to your GP track a few times first, just to get a feel for timings. Try to learn the drum tab for hi-hat, snare and bass drum. It'll mean you'll be able to optimize drum patterns, if not write them.

A little info on studio recording, Dzamija's order's right. Although they usually record it phrase by phrase so each part's perfect. There's no shame in recording the same thing multiple times. Some licks I had to do at least 20 times before we were happy with the result.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
My point was that if he wants proper feedback, he should give us something with as few mistakes as possible. Why? Because most of the feedback will be wasted on issues he's already aware of.
Yes, I know you like to feel important, but please refrain from posting unless you know what you're talking about.
Yessa massa I does anythin' yousa sez massa. I does anything yous sez. Please don't beat me massa I does it right next time!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yessa massa I does anythin' yousa sez massa. I does anything yous sez. Please don't beat me massa I does it right next time.
I ******* LOVE THIS BOT.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Stupid question, but did you tab the drums correctly? Because if you played correctly, according to a correct tab, it shouldn't sound the way it sounds now.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'll give this one a shot since the last couple didn't work.

I agree with everyone above me and probably everyone below me because God forbid I have my own opinion.

Did I do it right this time?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
don't try to be me, there's only room for one me, and i'm already more than enough for that role.

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom