Another Crashing problem but much worse!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I select a LAN or Internet Game and just as it reaches "Initializing and Downloading", where The Faulty will start playing on ESF MP3 thingymajig it crashes. It doesnt do anything so then I press Ctrl Alt Del and its not responding so it cant be taking ages to load and is generally crashing. Please help!! I have 4more days to play ESF before I hav 2 go back 2 school!!! :cry:
O yeh, ive never had this problem b4 and here are my PC specs:
MSI KTV4-L mobo
Athlon XP 1900+
256MB DDR RAM
GeForce 2 MX 400 32MB

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
delete or clear out your playlist.txt file in your esf\mp3 folder

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That happened to me, just re-install ESF, that fixed it for me.
If that doesnt work, make sure you have all updates for everything (includes: sound, video, Your OS, DirectX, Critical updates).

Also what OS(operating system example: windows XP) are you using?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It still won't work, even after installing Direct X 9.0b ( i had Direct X 6 running :D) and re-installing ESF. I am running Win 98SE and have all updates. P.S. Does Open GL update come with my latest gfx card driver or do i hav 2 install OpenGL? If i hav 2 install it, where can I dl it from?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, it's a video mode. Try going into the Video options of ESF and change it to OPENGL, if that doesn't work try D3D. What exact Video card do you have

(steps to take if you don't know how to find out)

#1 click on START
#2 click on RUN
#3 type in "DXDIAG"
#4 go to the display tab or video tab.

Everything should show up.

*edit* sorry just looked up and noticed that you already posted it. But still try changing video modes in ESF. You might be using software or D3D.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, I tried changing Video Modes as well, and re-unstalling the Update, HL, and ESF Beta. I also reinstalled my 45.03ver gfx card driver agen. But now it crashes when it gets to "Select a Character"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
reinstall ESF and be sure that you aren't running in Software mode (OpenGL is recommend by me)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I installed Win 98FE, and all the necessary updated drivers, but ESF still keeps crashing at the select a character menu. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uninstall, then go in and make sure your ESF folder is deleted, reinstall and try again, if that doesn't work try my script pack *Points to sig*

Then in ESF: Go to CONFIGURATION > VIDEO > VIDEO MODES

Change to either Direct3D or OpenGL (Try Direct 3D if you don't know if your card can handle OpenGL)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, ive had ur script pack installed ever since it came out, and ESF worked fine back then. Now that I have a new CPU and Motherboard, my PC has never been the same agen.....
I forgot to mention, this problem happens with Half-Life Multiplayer as well
P.S.Sos 2 go off topic and I'm not suckin up 2 u or anything Mr. Satan, but ur 1.2 Script Pack rox!!!! R u gonna make a 1.3 script for Beta 1.2? wot will b in it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hm strange...

[OFF TOPIC]
Hey, thanks man, and yes I will make a new one for the next version of ESF, it will have the same features as it does now, and some new ones (of course) as well as more sophisticated lag reduction scripts (Ex. For 56k & High End Comps, 56k and Low End, etc....)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it happens in other multiplayer games, I'd think it was either your video card, or motherboard. Some motherboards have Drivers. For instance My VIA motherboard had drivers i had to download.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as in drivers u downloaded 2 make ESF work?

*edit*
Also did mean like VIA drivers or flash an updated BIOS? I cant flash as i dont have a floppy drive (i built my PC but still dont have a floppy drive :] :\ ). Are there any phantom drives i can get for floppy disc like Daemon Tools or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom