Annoying Sound HL Problem

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everytime I want to play HL with sound, I must join a server, go back to main menu and rejoin. This is the only way I could get my sound to work. I've already tried reintalling HL, and it didn't work.

Any ideas?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
ehm.... strange. you mean go to menu. and then resume game again?

Best answers
only time i've noticed Sound problems is when you Alt + Tab out of HL, then go back in and you sound has gone, but i hear in the future patches there going to be enabling Alt + Tab for HL so there won't be any sound problems.. not sure if this is true.. just want i heard ages ago :)

Not sure what the problem is for that Optional. If you haven't already done this, go to the HL site and look at the FAQ for Problems, or in the forums and check to see if anyone else has had that same problem, and they may have had a way to get it working fine..

Apart from that i have no idea what else you could do.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i mean going back to the "Start New Game" menu, then i have to rejoin server...

Best answers
if you push escape to get back to the menu, when you need to use your alt + tab to check other windows, then return back to the window and resume game your sound stays.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no you misunderstand. when i start playing HL online, i open HL, join a server and there is no sound (no minimization). i then go back to main menu and rejoin to fix it.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What sound board, OS, Direct X version and HL version are you running? Is it all sound? Or is it just MP3 or wave that doesn't work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom