Anime Zoom Lines

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone who has seen an action anime, or any action cartoon, will notice when something emotional happens or an object is movign extremely fast from somewhere, a bunch of lines from the sides of the screen focus on one area.

I would like the use this effect in Flash, but it usually comes out pretty sloppy. Seeing how much artists are here, I am asking if someone could provide me with this zooming line effect.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmmmm, there used to be a tut on polykarbon.com which did what you're talking about, i think, there are 2 types of these lines that you could be talking about. 1) parallel lines 2) lines based on a center point, like degrees of a circle (if u get what i mean) I dunno how well you know photoshop, so i'll describe it all, step by step

1) Its real easy, go into photoshop, create a new document say.... 200 in width and anything for the hight, with the pencil tool (under the brush tool) make a black pixel in the middle on a new layer. Hit Ctrl+T, hold alt and stretch it horizontaly as much as you can. Then go into edit, go to define brush preset, you brush should now be in your brush menu, select it, then edit the brush presets, usually in your pallette thing in the top right, put scatter on it, Mess with all the options you like untill your happy with it. Then it should be as simple as brushing it across the screen enough times to get the effect you want, you can change the colours, size, etc.

2) I cant remember exactly how to do it but i can think of two ways, 1 you make some vertical lines and go to the filter menu > distort > polar coordinates. Or, what you could do is make dots all around the edge and then put a radial blur filter on (on zoom mode rather than rotation) that might work, i dunno.

Hope that helps =]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks a lot of the ideas, i'm messing around with them now.

EDIT:

Haha, nice. I tried the polar coordinate method with about 20 multiple size lines going vertical, then after I distored it, used a soft eraser to make the empty space, improted into flash and wha-la

http://imageshack.us/

Thanks again, this effect will some in handy, thanks again David.
Doesn't mean you should stop watching your back >=(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's looking really ****in' toight, Chakra my man. o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom