Android barrier

Best answers
So Gohan has energy shield in ESF Final, what about android #17?

Barrier.jpg

P.S.
When Team will show us new A17, A18, Perfect Cell models? It looks those models are missed or broken.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its planned for him to. Once we get him ingame that is.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gohan shouldn't even have an energy shield.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
yeah the only time he ever used that shit was durring the filler garlic jr saga that i remember. :/

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's one of those additions to balance Gohan a bit. Otherwise he'd only have Masenko and Kamehameha. Since he didn't really do anything else in the canon series, they gave him some filler material.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I also wished that Gohan didn't have a shield (attack) it's just BS! But if it's for balancing purposes.... wut2do! :/

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's one of those additions to balance Gohan a bit. Otherwise he'd only have Masenko and Kamehameha. Since he didn't really do anything else in the canon series, they gave him some filler material.
Give him a rage boost attack instead. That's what Gohan is unique about, after all.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Give him a rage boost attack instead. That's what Gohan is unique about, after all.
If we do that, then we would have to give Kaioken to Goku. Shield is fine. It was made to give Gohan more attacks and to make him a tad more special.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If we do that, then we would have to give Kaioken to Goku. Shield is fine. It was made to give Gohan more attacks and to make him a tad more special.
You wouldn't, because unlike Gohan, Goku already has enough unique attacks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still like them giving Gohan Special Beam Cannon in Shin Budokai. That was amazing.

To be honest, I loved Gohan having that shield, but EVM made that shield so damn op.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I read somewhere that Gohan did the Special Beam Cannon during the flight to Namek where he trained with Krillin, but that could've only been in the Anime. I like the idea of Gohan playing as a balance between Goku and Piccolo, however these two maybe have the same type of gameplay.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We aint doing power boosts as attaks though.
Yeah, better invent non-existant attacks. Or give attacks that the character supposedly never used/could never use.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This isn't like with Goku where you can really make Kaioken an alternate combat form or something only useful as fanservice. A power up move would be unbalanced, or if we make it a nonessential attack it would still leave Gohan lacking. I really don't see much problem with the shield, other than it being useless in 1.2. It seemed like they started working on it, gave up, and just made it usable without it crashing the game.

With some alterations, it could be really useful as a sudden defense skill. One of those alterations being WAY less of an energy cost for certain attacks.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This isn't like with Goku where you can really make Kaioken an alternate combat form or something only useful as fanservice. A power up move would be unbalanced, or if we make it a nonessential attack it would still leave Gohan lacking. I really don't see much problem with the shield, other than it being useless in 1.2. It seemed like they started working on it, gave up, and just made it usable without it crashing the game.

With some alterations, it could be really useful as a sudden defense skill. One of those alterations being WAY less of an energy cost for certain attacks.

The shield moves the damage dealt from the HP to the KI. Thats all there is to it. Any overfloiwing damage is then dealt to HP.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When Gohan went SS2 against Cell, he also had a rage boost on top of that. So perhaps make his SS2 transformation more effective than Goku & Vegeta's?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Since he didn't really do anything else in the canon series, they gave him some filler material.
Since he didn't really do anything else in the canon series,
Since he didn't really do anything
didn't really do anything
Now let me tell you why that's bullshit.

1. ****in Cell Games.

2. ****in Mystic Form

3. ****in ****ed up Super Buu until he didn't want to kill Piccolo, Goten, or Trunks.

4. ****in banged Videl and caused Papa Goku to ascend into Super Saiyan God.

5. Nuff said.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Now let me tell you why that's bullshit.

1. ****in Cell Games. This is the only valid thing here, really.

2. ****in Mystic Form Here, he was Adult Gohan. Therefore, giving Kid Gohan a mystic form is a terrible idea.

3. ****in ****ed up Super Buu until he didn't want to kill Piccolo, Goten, or Trunks. See #2.

4. ****in banged Videl and caused Papa Goku to ascend into Super Saiyan God. First of all, see #2, and then let's go more into this. That is the most indirect thing ever. Like saying Krillin is the most important character because he caused Goku to ascend to Super Saiyan 1. It just doesn't make sense.

5. Nuff said.
AHem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom