An Original Character

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have been pondering up an original flash for quite some time. I need to get characters, setting ,background, and style down, amongst other important choices, but I finally got the main character materialize and have begun designing others as well.

http://chakra-x.deviantart.com/art/Sol-132233746

Comments? Thoughts?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would you consider this... fusion (manga + comic) style?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would you consider this... fusion (manga + comic) style?
I never had a name for it haha. I am purposely not trying to go for a traditional anime style, so I can kind of create my own overall style, but I like a lot of what that style has to offer, so I mix in some of my own preferences and I guess this is what you get haha.

Of course, he will have to be dumb downed in terms of detail for animation.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's cool. Are you looking for more character suggestions? As far as this EDEN stuff, are you going for stuff like hot versus cold, dark versus light? Since he does use the power of the sun (fission/fusion) maybe go for a nemesis who uses dark matter (black holes/wormholes) and the like.

Best answers
That kind of reminds me of Sasuke from Naruto partially using his Cursed Seal. Looks cool.

What are you aiming for with your flash? What kind of characters are you looking to make?

I'd make a foil character that walks in the shadows and uses the moon somehow. He doesn't have a fiery ambition like Sol, it's more mellow and cool. Maybe go with a grey cloak and blue facial art. I'd emphasize abilities with his legs and swift, silent moving. He usually keeps his cloak closed when using his legs and thus remains concealed.

EDIT:
Actually maybe give him a white cloak and somehow work crescents into the design. Like the facial art and designs/patterns going down the legs. Have curved blades attaches to his forearms and somehow versatile blades on his legs/feet.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's cool. Are you looking for more character suggestions? As far as this EDEN stuff, are you going for stuff like hot versus cold, dark versus light? Since he does use the power of the sun (fission/fusion) maybe go for a nemesis who uses dark matter (black holes/wormholes) and the like.
That kind of reminds me of Sasuke from Naruto partially using his Cursed Seal. Looks cool.

What are you aiming for with your flash? What kind of characters are you looking to make?

I'd make a foil character that walks in the shadows and uses the moon somehow. He doesn't have a fiery ambition like Sol, it's more mellow and cool. Maybe go with a grey cloak and blue facial art. I'd emphasize abilities with his legs and swift, silent moving. He usually keeps his cloak closed when using his legs and thus remains concealed.

EDIT:
Actually maybe give him a white cloak and somehow work crescents into the design. Like the facial art and designs/patterns going down the legs. Have curved blades attaches to his forearms and somehow versatile blades on his legs/feet.
You both have touched upon many aspects that I have planned!

@ Synth- For this character, since he also is trained in Tai Chi I was going to give him a rival or an Anti-Hero that has powers based on the moon. This is more difficult since the moon really is just a reflector of the Sun's light, but it has it's own special properties and I can stretch that to make a good fighter.

At first I was going to make it a guy, but when it comes to Yin and Yang, she would have to be a girl. A female rival being able to match the main character in a battle is not too common. However, I actually do have a nemesis concept, that of a Hypergiant star based (since our Sun can't won't even go Supernova when it uses up all it's energy), but Hypergiants are unstable and quickly become supermassive blackholes, like you were getting at. The Sun supports live and black holes destroy life, so yeah opposites will be a motif

@Disguise

My flash will be action based, but it will be in a style that makes it quicker and less complicated to animate/tell a story since I am only one kid who will be busy with college :p.

You are very close to what I have in mind for the moon character. A paler woman clad in cool clothing. I know she will be using blades of some sort, because I already have a fire arms/techy character, and Sol uses almost all melee attacks. That should allow a wide spectrum of action.

But I plan to have a world with all kinds of powers. Naruto and Marvel have all these awesome characters with their own powers, history, and motives; though I am not trying to be THAT epic. Naruto also bases all the powers on a universal "chakra" energy, which I like, so I will probably treat EDEN energy like that, but even more universal (even plants have it).

The way the story and style is set out, I will have "mission" based episodes, so I can create all kinds of people with all kinds of powers in all kinds of situations for Sol and company to deal with.

The animation will probably play out a lot like a video game. Most people (or maybe all) people have powers on earth, and there will be a categories to how dangerous/potent an individual's power is. There will be "special attacks". There will be "upgrades". And I want the action to be over the top and fun (devil may cry anyone?)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom