Amazing footage of a "Brinicle"

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
New footage has appeared of something called a Brinicle.
What is a Brinicle you may ask well see for yourself.

BBC Article Footage is Low Quality

Discovery Channel Article Higher Quality Footage but region blocked :(

TL:DR? See below
[video=youtube_share;q7hkdiVuMb0]http://youtu.be/q7hkdiVuMb0[/video]

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Poor Starfishs!!! D:

But that is indeed quite cool. :shocked:

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True. Never seen something like this before.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I am still baffled at the thought that we still don't know everything about the elements of our planet o_O. I wonder what else we don't know? Paradox...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean "chemicals", because nothing you're seeing in that video has to do with "elements".

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Elements as in parts of the planet I believe he means

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think "element" has ever been commonly used to describe parts of the planet.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Stop nitpicking it's annoying -_-. I meant elements such as water, fire etc. I think you and Zeo get your kicks from correcting people. You guys teachers?

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Weather can also be referred to as elements which freezing water can come under

Also I'm pretty sure there's nothing there that's not already on the periodic table

Dictionary.com said:
element [el-uh-muhnt]  
el·e·ment   [el-uh-muhnt]
noun
1. a component or constituent of a whole or one of the parts into which a whole may be resolved by analysis: Bricks and mortar are elements of every masonry wall.
2. Chemistry . one of a class of substances that cannot be separated into simpler substances by chemical means. See also chart under periodic table.
3. a natural habitat, sphere of activity, environment, etc.: to be in one's element; Water is the element of fish.
4. elements,
a. atmospheric agencies or forces; weather: a ruddy complexion from exposure to the elements.
b. the rudimentary principles of an art, science, etc.: the elements of grammar.
c. the bread and wine of the Eucharistic service.
5. any group of people singled out within a larger group by identifiable behavior patterns, common interests, ethnic similarities, etc.: He worried that the protest rally would attract the radical element.
English is my first and only language ;)

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too bad I just proved my wording was correct

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I meant elements such as water, fire etc.
1. a component or constituent of a whole or one of the parts into which a whole may be resolved by analysis: Bricks and mortar are elements of every masonry wall.
a. atmospheric agencies or forces; weather: a ruddy complexion from exposure to the elements.
[h=3]at·mos·phere/ˈatməsˌfi(ə)r/[/h]
Noun:

1. The envelope of gases surrounding the earth or another planet: "part of the sun's energy is absorbed by the earth's atmosphere".
  2. The air in any particular place: "we couldn't breathe in the dusty atmosphere".

I believe you'll find that you're mistaken on three counts now (you misunderstood what he meant, and then you used not one but two definitions that don't work in this context). Next time you feel like correcting me and looking down on me because I wasn't born in an English-speaking country -- don't.

On topic: I wonder if one could create a fairly simple 3D mathematical/physical model to demonstrate the principle more easily. It seems like something you might be told to do in a physics' course with heavy focus on numerical solutions to problems, maybe as a semester project.

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Noun:

1. The envelope of gases surrounding the earth or another planet: "part of the sun's energy is absorbed by the earth's atmosphere".
  2. The air in any particular place: "we couldn't breathe in the dusty atmosphere".

I believe you'll find that you're mistaken on three counts now (you misunderstood what he meant, and then you used not one but two definitions that don't work in this context). Next time you feel like correcting me and looking down on me because I wasn't born in an English-speaking country -- don't.

On topic: I wonder if one could create a fairly simple 3D mathematical/physical model to demonstrate the principle more easily. It seems like something you might be told to do in a physics' course with heavy focus on numerical solutions to problems, maybe as a semester project.
LOL. Bad self-image much?

:D

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too much caffeine again?

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not looking down on you, in fact your english is very good.

I'm just saying the english language is a tricky one and words are used in a lot of different ways.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think "element" has ever been commonly used to describe parts of the planet.
Weather can also be referred to as elements which freezing water can come under

Also I'm pretty sure there's nothing there that's not already on the periodic table

English is my first and only language ;)
Too bad you're not very good at it then.
Too bad I just proved my wording was correct
Noun:

Are you people ******* kidding me?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yep. That actually happened.

Thread about awesome ice thing. Sperglords gonna sperg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom