Amazing Dad, watch this nao!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;kl1ujzRidmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU[/video]

This guy is amazing. I wish more parents had balls like him.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While I may agree with the sentiment, I do not agree with the method. He isn't an amazing dad, nor a respectful one. You do not teach your kid a lesson by shaming her in front of the entire world. Whatever problems the kid may have created, this isn't the solution. She is a 15 year old kid who's only sources of experience in life are her so called friends. Her parents should know better.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do believe that this is a great way to treat them with the way to world is these days. People make their parents looks like such horrible people and you can't tell if they are just idiots or actually being abused by their parents. I mean, I really understand where this guy is coming from. This guy is a great guy, I can tell. The only thing that bothers me is when he pulled his gun out and all but even still it was to prove a point. I believe more people should make videos similar to this.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now consider yourself in the kid's shoes. How would you react now? Have you been officially reformed? Will you now be completely obedient to your parent?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now consider yourself in the kid's shoes. How would you react now? Have you been officially reformed? Will you now be completely obedient to your parent?
Hell no. But it would make me think before acting publicly.

That said. I see his point. But god im starting to wonder who the kid is now. Him or his daughter.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We literally don't know enough. We have his word to go on. Jury's out on this one. If I could take his side all the way and trust him to be telling the truth, I already see problems with how he handled this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This guy is not a "great guy". Because he fails as a parent, he turns to destroying a laptop that is presumably one of the more important links in his daughter's social life. This guy just made sure his daughter will despise him even more for years to come.

If he had any sense, he wouldn't have had to go to this extreme to prove his point, or to get his daughter to stop being "rebellious".

Yes, his kid is a spoiled brat. No, that is not her fault alone. That is her upbringing talking in her Facebook page.

I'm sure this sits well with conservatives, but I've seen what this kind of parenting does to kids, and it isn't beneficial.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
10 Years from now,

"Hey dad, remember the time when you shot through my laptop and humiliated me in front of the entire universe when I had the common sense of a tomato? That was great."

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Z Power and Avenger. This is clearly not a good method to deal with that situation. From now on it's straight on war between him and his teen kid. I mean... it's difficult to be friends again with his kid now.

And... one does not simply shoot his kid's laptop. :-/

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Damaera wishes more parents had balls like his, if it were to happen to him...he would have gone craaaaazy! German CS kid vs. Keyboard-crazy.

I didn't think that this was smart at all, because he actually stooped down to the kids level. And you can't ask someone to change their behavior if you act the same way. If changing a behavior is the goal then you need to set an example. I liked how he spoke about what he had to do when he was young..because he described and explained...instead of just grounding someone "without a reason" i.e for being childish. She's 15. This sort of thing will be a traumatic experience for her personally and socially.

Good job amazing dad, you just f-f-f-f ****ed up your resp-p-p-ponsibility as a parent.... (sorry had to go there, hopefully nobody was personally hit by that) :D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Here is the anticipated amazing mother
[video=youtube;W8Wxge7qcUM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Wxge7qcUM[/video]

These two parents should definitely meet up together and make a baby. The birth of superman.

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I don't agree with all the methods used by the father, but I can understand where he is coming from. Assuming that most of the things he said were true(with shades of grey, of course), if his daughter has done something like this before and he warned her not to do it again, then I can't really feel too much sympathy for her. Yes it is extremely harsh, but she was warned. If you're going to publicly defame someone (in this case, her parents), be prepared for the same to happen to you. Shooting the laptop was definitely a bit much (why shoot it when you could at least sell it, right? :laff:). Personally, I think taking the laptop away from her and maybe posting a video on her Facebook stating he read the post would have sufficed. Since he did go to the extreme and stooped to her level though, she is going to hate him for a very long time.

As for the mother story, it's a shame the guy breaking in died rather than surviving so he could be arrested, but she did what she had to do.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The guy is a bit wacky but I don't see what the big deal is. Some silver spooner's dad destroyed her computer and made a video about their [first world, privileged] family drama. I don't see it as a proper parenting tool as much as a really minor family feud. There are kids younger than 15 getting the **** beaten out of them right now. I really don't think a destroyed laptop is going to cause any emotional trauma.

Discord Member
Best answers
don't **** with parents ....

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The guy is a bit wacky but I don't see what the big deal is. Some silver spooner's dad destroyed her computer and made a video about their [first world, privileged] family drama. I don't see it as a proper parenting tool as much as a really minor family feud. There are kids younger than 15 getting the **** beaten out of them right now. I really don't think a destroyed laptop is going to cause any emotional trauma.
Problems and traumas aren't objective. They're relative to everything else in your life.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Genius way to handle your rebelling teenage daughter who's going to puberty... idiot. I'm sure this will open her eyes and make her beg for forgiveness.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feel sad for this man, he believes he's actually doing the right thing, but for who?

And grounded for 3 months?? way to make your kids hate you.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This guy is not a "great guy". Because he fails as a parent, he turns to destroying a laptop that is presumably one of the more important links in his daughter's social life. This guy just made sure his daughter will despise him even more for years to come.

If he had any sense, he wouldn't have had to go to this extreme to prove his point, or to get his daughter to stop being "rebellious".

Yes, his kid is a spoiled brat. No, that is not her fault alone. That is her upbringing talking in her Facebook page.

I'm sure this sits well with conservatives, but I've seen what this kind of parenting does to kids, and it isn't beneficial.
As a conservative I tell you it does not, they are as divided as anyone else on this one.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Best answers
To hell with her social life, family is much more important.
I agree this was a great way to protect his family's reputation, dignity and perhaps teach a valuable lesson; something that people have no sense of anymore.

Not everyone learns the same way, and if this guy is as level headed as I expect most of the time, he probably tried other methods that led to this. Although this is all speculation.

Either way, it's his house, his money, and his rules. Not everyone will agree at all times, and If the kids don't like it, too ******* bad. Don't go bad mouthing your family to the world because of a disagreement. Settle it in house or move out. Not all kids learn through discussion. Jersey Shore should give you a good look into the types of personality I refer to...

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree this was a great way to protect his family's reputation, dignity and perhaps teach a valuable lesson; something that people have no sense of anymore.
I have a retort incoming, but I fear that it might be a waste on you, so I will pass. People with some sense in them can figure out whats wrong with all that you've said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom