Always Successful at Melee

Best answers
How do I make it so that if I go heads up with someone at melee I will hit them...because holding down the right mouse button dont work anymore.

I was playing this one guy and I would rush him and hold my mouse at the same time...then he would wait til the last second and rush me and attack me. And he would always...ALWAYS land the hit...not me...so how do you do that?

Best answers
Man you got bad ping. Ping make ALL the differance in melee. I dont care if people dont agree with me. But thats why in melee sometimes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then he has better timing then you. If your about 4 cm.... in front of him, and he clicks melee, its lights out for you.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try not to always go head on. Tele around a bit and try and hit him from the sides, or when you are swooping head on, stop before you get too close and Teleport in right next to him to attack...

Adapting your strategies to counteract somebody elses will be your best bet.

Best answers
I really really really think it's your ping ... otherwise, he's just good. ;D

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope it's all about how you melee. Even with high ping it's possible to defeat someone in melee.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by cold steel
Nope it's all about how you melee. Even with high ping it's possible to defeat someone in melee.
lol so you can kick my ass if I create a server ( this is a challange )

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
depends on it. What i forgot to say if the png diiference is to big then you're dead. a ping difference of 0-20 is possible. The thing is i'm on 56k. But don't worry soon i will get adsl and i will kick your ass!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by cold steel
depends on it. What i forgot to say if the png diiference is to big then you're dead. a ping difference of 0-20 is possible. The thing is i'm on 56k. But don't worry soon i will get adsl and i will kick your ass!
just send the pm I'll create, and seeing that you live in the netherlands your ping will ben 30/40

Best answers
Its ping...I was playing the host and he had 0 ping (of course)

So yeah, it is ping

Retired
Best answers
Right now it's just ping and luck but they are adding melee struggles in either 1.1 or 1.2 so it won't be just ping and luck.

Best answers
Cornflakes2gs, i think it was me you were playing with, it was just last night or the night before right? i would have to agree on ping, i don't time it at all. advantage server owning. BTW im working on a dedicated server, i just can't get the mobo working right.

|sBr| Sephiroth |L|

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is corrected as of 1.1 . Head on collisions will no longer be dependant on ping. However, having a clean connection without dropped packets is essential to melee too. I can consistently beat some players who have a ping which is 20 below mine because I've cleaned up my connection.

Best answers
But head on attack at the moment definitly are ping dependant. There is nothing worse than losing head on to a noob who has a better ping than you, so just learn to adapt your tactics. Check the forums for a whole lot of tactics, you can set up sort of "traps" for people and trick them into allowing themselves to be hit by melee.

Does anyone know how they are fixing the head on stuff? And what will it be dependant on?

Best answers
Originally posted by Torlon
Right now it's just ping and luck but they are adding melee struggles in either 1.1 or 1.2 so it won't be just ping and luck.

ALL RIGHT!! All the powerful need is more of an advantage...anyways, its cool, i dig any kind of struggling, plus it helps out the PL tons even if you lose

Best answers
Yeah ping could sumtimes be a powerful advantage in most fights i just wonder if there is anyway to get the melee to stop relying on the ping or to fix the ping on esf servers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom