Akira to...make new DBZ chapters.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That other quote makes it sound fake, but whether it's legit or not, I don't really care, DB(Z) is definitely one of my favourite series despite being quite dated these days. I'd probably give it a read and doesn't matter whether I like it or not, clearly Toriyama is being made boatloads of money, and I agree with Mkilbride that nobody could possibly say no to receiving a check for squillions for doing something that you really enjoy.

Good luck to him, I hope it's a good read!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought DB Kai was enough for his retirement... but, I guess not.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he cant just write off GT like it never happened. Regardless what the fans think of it or the circumstances, he wrote it, it went to TV, it is now part of the DB universe.
I'd buy it in triplicate if it de-cannonized GT.

Shonen Jump should get Tetsuo Hara and Buronson to do a new Fist of the North Star comic. With Kenshiro.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is non-cannon, it was fan-made.

If the original author, DID NOT write it, in any way, it is non-cannon. It doesn't matter if a fan picked it up and Akira said "Alright, you guys do it"

Non-cannon ~

Heck, people consider the new 3 Star Wars movies Non-Cannon, and George Lucas even wrote em~ lol, fans are crazy.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is non-cannon, it was fan-made.

If the original author, DID NOT write it, in any way, it is non-cannon. It doesn't matter if a fan picked it up and Akira said "Alright, you guys do it"

Non-cannon ~

Heck, people consider the new 3 Star Wars movies Non-Cannon, and George Lucas even wrote em~ lol, fans are crazy.
I'd say "canon" is determined by the creator, if Toriyama decides to acknowledge GT as canon and assuming he begins his re-write in a post DBGT universe, then all the fans are going to have to eat it that GT is official canon.

Hell, a lot of people argue that filler in anime is also canon because as much as we all hate it, and even if it didn't source from the original manga, it's happened in that universe and you can't ignore that.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what i read here so far i think the same. GT was totally uncalled for. Even DBZ itself went downhill after a while and by the end of the story it was only acceptable (From Frieza saga to the end= great story>ok). So in my opinion Android/Cell/Majin Buu sagas were somehow on the same level with GT.
If he returns to Dragonball/Z he should also discard parts of DBZ and that won't happen. That's what i think. Whatever new dbz story he writes it won't be enough/the same for me. But i'd read it of course. :)

Last edited:
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I enjoyed some of DBGT, some being the Super 17 Saga.

If this manga is supposed to be promoting Raging Blast 2 which is heavily based on http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball:_Plan_to_Eradicate_Super_Saiyans

I suppose he would probably lean towards another original side-story that involved Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Trunks, and Piccolo fighting something that challenged the Earth/North Galaxy.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If Toriyama approved GT as canon, it would be canon.

Look at Star Wars' Expanded Universe. Not all of it (very little, actually) was made by George Lucas, however it's still considered canon.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
he should spend his time creating a chrono trigger anime instead...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Until some large sites confrim it then I assume it's just false rumor.

This move itself feels logical cuz game don't make well now in Korea due to ****ty management & the fact DB is no where near popular there like let's say in Japan or America. Promoting it in form of manga would centrainly help but Toriyama is lazy bum & he is one of those guy who can create stuff whenever they feel like. He earned enough money on franchise and admired that after DB he's afraid to long run series and I doubt he will back to something what it was so hard to left (well fans basically begged him to continue, that's why Cell & Buu Saga happened).

Game is not ****ty, it's just unfinished, (again ****ty managemennt), hard & relly alot on grinding. Alot Korean MMO games are like that. But it doesn't make them ****ty. I've seen worse games than DBO. Open beta started year ago so it's not that long. Time Travel Quests, which are Story are end and Giyu Force so we still have alot to see.

Sum things up, yeah it's jus another rumor.

And yeah I'm all for CT Anime. It would be AWESOME.

EDIT:
http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14937&start=140

Check out Twitter links. Afterall it is rumor as I expected.

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeap, looks to be so, but read the pages after that, it kinda says the opposite, another twitter / post was made saying a big announcement about DB was coming, though, so confusing..

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NEW DBZ, OMG **** YEAH!!! AWESOME AWEOSMEOMAOMEAOEMAOM!!!1!!1ONE

cant wait!

🌠 Staff
Best answers
In his intro to the GT Dragon Box, Toriyama explains that “For GT, all I did was just come up with the title, design the initial main cast and some of the machines, and also do a few images.”
While he didnt have much involvement he did have influence on how things looked, all the characters were his design for that era, so it would be plausible if things had a "GT" look to them if he continued.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This all coinsides with the Akira to make af rumer i heard a few weeks ago

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unless, the new manga isn't formulaic... as in Trunks, Gohan, and Piccolo fight a monster/alien till Goku/Vegeta get enough power to beat it.

Derp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom