Akira - manga vs anime

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow... i just finished reading the whole akira manga... and i must say i was completely blown away by it... I was blown away by the anime at one point, but after reading the manga, it just doesnt compare at all. Has anybody read the manga? its 6 volumes, but its damn worth it. I was also suprised how different it was to the anime. I thought the anime was better untill halfway through the 2nd volume, then it got me hooked on the story >_<.

I agree that the anime was really well animated, had an awesome soundtrack, and set the mood perfectly, but the story in the manga was so much more... i dunno how to describe it, just incredible.

anyway, im just wondering what your opinions on either are.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got the anime but I wasn't aware there was a translated manga available. IMO the anime was amazing and thought-provoking, what made the manga better?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mainly because, the anime really only contains the first one and a half volumes of the manga, it skips out the entire middle of the story, and is condensed with part of the ending.. infact the whole ending is different. Also you get to know a lot more about Akira, and the anime completely bipases like... one major part of the plot, meaning, it didnt include about 80% of the whole story. There are a lot of characters that play more major roles, the "joker" is in the story right up to the end, things like that. If you thought the anime was thought provoking, the manga was much much more indepth, and although it explains things in more detail, it was slightly more confusing at the same time. Its been translated for years, ive only just been able to aquire it >_>. The volumes are each around 400 pages or so long, and there are 6 volumes.

ZaZ

Best answers
its just like FMA, the manga and anime are REALLY different

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I watched the movie. It was entertaining but vastly overrated IMO, just like Ninja Scroll (which I consider a travesty of an anime). It was kinda entertaining but mostly weird and nonsensical in a japanese kind of way.

Best answers
I've seen the anime a few months back and was absolutely blown away by it. I might read the manga sometime as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom