Airconditioning?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And then you forget the fact that you can't open it from the inside, and then you will suffocate and die.
It's held closed by a rubber seal. If you can't even push the door open, forget about being strong enough to move anything out of the fridge, let alone stand under the force of the Earth's gravity. Besides, we're not going to let a little thing like breathing come between us and being comfortable, are we?

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
It's held closed by a rubber seal. If you can't even push the door open, forget about being strong enough to move anything out of the fridge, let alone stand under the force of the Earth's gravity. Besides, we're not going to let a little thing like breathing come between us and being comfortable, are we?
Well, from what i've heard its nearly impossible to do it, because of the vacuum and all that, ofcourse, I only "heard" that from various sources I can't remember.

So, if that's not a problem... :p go ahead.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep everything shut during daytime, or the heat from outside will come in. Keep every curtain you can find closed as well. When it's around 19:00 you can start opening the stuff where the sun no longer reaches.

And if you want to stay cold. Place a bucket or anything like it under your desk, fill it with ice cold water, and stick your feet in.

Best answers
Well, i just found 2 bags of frostgel in the freezer :) that'll keep me cool for the night..

And the "close everything and open when it's cooling off" doesn't eally help that much now.. Allthough it is storming over here right now, so the wind is blowing hard ^^ that + open windows = windcity deluxe

Sound Artist
Best answers
It's been hitting 100F here (around 38C) for the past two days, what worse is our heat is always very humid (think Florida). My AC has been running strong!

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We have the same problem here in the Netherlands. All you gotta do is move and you're all soaked in sweat. People with astma and skin diseases are screwed with this weather, and the old people tend to die in groups.

Today I had bring back my buss card on my bicycle, about 3 miles from where I live. My tires were pitchblack from the asphalt that was almost melting. And I was sweating like crazy. The first thing I did when I came home was taking a cold shower.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jp said:
Well, from what i've heard its nearly impossible to do it, because of the vacuum and all that, ofcourse, I only "heard" that from various sources I can't remember.

So, if that's not a problem... :p go ahead.
Bear with me here. If a force of x Newtons applied to the handle of the refridgerator, pulling out, is required to break the seal and open the door, then it follows that a force of x Newtons would also break the seal and open the door if applied from the other side, pushing outward. This is because both forces are acting along the same line of action, and therefore generate the same moment on the door, causing it to open (Science - good for slowly and painfully working out the suprisingly obvious). Now, if your fridge has a latch on it, like my humming, beer filled friend sitting next to me, then that changes everything. If not, bail those po-ta-toes and climb on in.

Best answers
I invested in a room AC last year... probably the best thing I've ever bought. Second to my computer of course.

Before I had my AC I would just have a fan pointing directly at me at all times while in the house. It worked good enough for me.

Best answers
pfft... get creative! Go build yourself one. Get some flex copper tubing, make a radiator out of that and hook it up to a water cooling pump made for the PC. Then fill the pipes with water and have your pump and the inlet and outlet running through your refridgerator and put the radiator part infront of your fan.

like so:

Or you could just go out and buy an air conditioning unit that you let sit in your window. Those aren't very expensive... and they work well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feel your pain, it's been hitting 35C degrees average, and is expected to go up to 40C any day now. Three times our average climate >.< Our roads are melting. England wasn't built with heat in mind :p Global Warming ftl.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are things you can buy that you just have to plug it. They're enormous mind you. Light, but enormous. I have one. It doesn't have a name on it though, so I can't say what it is. But it's only ment to cool down one room. Not a whole house. Plug it in, switch the nozzle to "cool" and it'll cool down your room in 5 minutes. It works good.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I feel your pain, it's been hitting 35C degrees average, and is expected to go up to 40C any day now. Three times our average climate >.< Our roads are melting. England wasn't built with heat in mind :p Global Warming ftl.
Global warming doesnt accure in just a few years. :p

Man got to go to bed soon and its FREAKING hot in my room.
Also got to work tomorrow ;_;, there is NO air conditioning and have to lift heavy things and work pretty hard.

I'm so screwed >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion said:
Global warming doesnt accure in just a few years. :p

Man got to go to bed soon and its FREAKING hot in my room.
Also got to work tomorrow ;_;, there is NO air conditioning and have to lift heavy things and work pretty hard.

I'm so screwed >_<
Just think... I get to work in a refridgerated cellar all day long. It a nice cool 14 C down there all the time.

Random

R
I switch my mind up every two seasons but I really think I hate the heat more then the cold.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Just think... I get to work in a refridgerated cellar all day long. It a nice cool 14 C down there all the time.
...hate... anger... pain...

;_; ... and tears..

Monday I start also lifting heavy stuff where its very hot, 40 C degrees, or 104 fahrenheit, at any rate, its gonna be hot, and sweaty D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It should also be noted that those rooms are full of millions of litres of crisp, cool, refreshing beer just waiting to bottled and shipped off.

Best answers
Heh, the nice thing about when it's hot in mexico is that you can always just buy lots of beer. go to the beach and just stay in the water drinking corona :); and in Canada it barely gets that hot most it get here is (By here i mean Coquitlam/Vancouver) probably 35 degrees celcius, unlike where I used to live which got up 40 degrees. Anyway thats beside the point, if you want to keep cool just go to a nearby pool or even a river/any form of water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom