Airconditioning?

New Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
515
Best answers
0
Ok, so the weather over here has been.. Unbearable to say the least :/ It's been 35?C + all week with peaks of 43?C.. So I grabbed some old fan and placed it in a corner of the room so that it can cover 80% of the room with fresh wind.. But this fan isn't helping at all, it's just spreading the warm air around in the room :(

So now I'm looking for an airconditionignsystem that doesn't need to be attached to some airhole in the wall.. So I'm basicly looking for a portable aircosystem that can be moved around bithout detaching tubes etc (just electricity).. Do these things exist? If so, could you point me in the right direction?

I tried google, but didn't really know what to search for.. Tried "Portable airco" but that didn't help much :(
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Mar 25, 2002
Messages
1,578
Best answers
0
try getting a bag of ice and placing it infront of the fan XD
 

MC

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
3,989
Best answers
0
Kimfu said:
Ok, so the weather over here has been.. Unbearable to say the least :/ It's been 35?C + all week with peaks of 43?C.. So I grabbed some old fan and placed it in a corner of the room so that it can cover 80% of the room with fresh wind.. But this fan isn't helping at all, it's just spreading the warm air around in the room :(

So now I'm looking for an airconditionignsystem that doesn't need to be attached to some airhole in the wall.. So I'm basicly looking for a portable aircosystem that can be moved around bithout detaching tubes etc (just electricity).. Do these things exist? If so, could you point me in the right direction?

I tried google, but didn't really know what to search for.. Tried "Portable airco" but that didn't help much :(
Keep the room's door open when you have the fan on, that way the hot air will have an escape.
 
New Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
515
Best answers
0
alle the doors in the house are open and all the windows are covered.. Nothing helps :p

Plus, might be worth to mention: My room's on the attic.. Directly below the roof :/
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
1,626
Best answers
0
Move into the basement. Just take everything you need to survive - music, computer, porn, and beer fridge - and move it all downstairs. Also, be sure you're only ever wearing a pair of shorts, at most, and you can constantly mist yourself with a spray bottle full of ice water. If you haven't already, close all the windows, shut the blinds and don't open them until it's colder outside than in, if it ever cools off that much.
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
3,211
Best answers
0
Kimfu said:
Ok, so the weather over here has been.. Unbearable to say the least :/ It's been 35?C + all week with peaks of 43?C.. So I grabbed some old fan and placed it in a corner of the room so that it can cover 80% of the room with fresh wind.. But this fan isn't helping at all, it's just spreading the warm air around in the room :(

So now I'm looking for an airconditionignsystem that doesn't need to be attached to some airhole in the wall.. So I'm basicly looking for a portable aircosystem that can be moved around bithout detaching tubes etc (just electricity).. Do these things exist? If so, could you point me in the right direction?

I tried google, but didn't really know what to search for.. Tried "Portable airco" but that didn't help much :(
Man I know how you feel. It's been 100F+ here lately and it's horrible to go outside. Though the no humidity and the swamp cooler in my house helps some. Swamp cooler + Ceiling fan = best way to cool your house down in 10 minutes.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
1,626
Best answers
0
Then get a shovel and start digging. It can be 25 degrees upstairs during a heat wave, but down in my room, its a cool, refreshing 19.
 
New Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
515
Best answers
0
If I pay you 0.2cents per cubic feet you dig, would you come and do it for me? :p

But really.. Isn't there such a thing as an airconditioning system that I can just go and buy, unpack, plug it onto the electricitynet and bam, cool, fresh air?
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
1,929
Best answers
0
Kimfu said:
If I pay you 0.2cents per cubic feet you dig, would you come and do it for me? :p
Sorry, but if I dug your basement for you, I'd have to dig it for all the other members, too :p.

But really.. Isn't there such a thing as an airconditioning system that I can just go and buy, unpack, plug it onto the electricitynet and bam, cool, fresh air?
Oh, I'm sure there is.

http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=portable+air+conditioner&btnG=Search

Well, that's as far as I got.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Sep 11, 2005
Messages
3,746
Best answers
0
Jakut said:
try getting a bag of ice and placing it infront of the fan XD
That works? I might have to try that.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
1,626
Best answers
0
If you want a portable air conditioner, and don't mind lots of spoiled food, then empty out your fridge and hop in. If you're not hot and sweaty enough to sacrifice food for your comfort, then you're not hot and sweaty.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
2,309
Best answers
0
Get a Cieling fan. amazingly, they work great.
 

MC

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
3,989
Best answers
0
Kimfu said:
I don't fit in (we have 2 rather small fridges)
Is it humid or just hot in your room?
 

MC

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
3,989
Best answers
0
Well... You can try to find a portable air cooler at whatever appliance store that's in your area. If it's humid then you would want a dehumidifier.
 

jp

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Aug 23, 2003
Messages
1,561
Best answers
0
frsrblch said:
If you want a portable air conditioner, and don't mind lots of spoiled food, then empty out your fridge and hop in. If you're not hot and sweaty enough to sacrifice food for your comfort, then you're not hot and sweaty.
And then you forget the fact that you can't open it from the inside, and then you will suffocate and die.

I would just buy an portable airco, if they are not too expensive, and, close the windows, coz else the heat does get inside the house.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top