Ahh

Best answers
I just want people to get their facts straight cuz there is nothing more I hate than people telling false info.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya its very sad. We have naother Challanger incident, and to get the facts straight this was the first thread so sticky this :p

but really I do not live in america but I find this a terrible event, My prayers go out to those who lost loved ones.

Best answers
Yah, it is. The news has stopped showing the video by the families request.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya its very sad, but Bush said they died doign what they loved and the new the risks.

Best answers
it is indeed a sad day...im still amazed that the shuttle entered earth at a speed of 6 mach!!!! that 6 times the speed of sound....if u didnt know that.

they found bodyparts of them. a helmet, a burned leg, a skull....1 of the events no one will forget

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba
Don't quote things you wouldn't post ;/
2 things, your very wrong, and even if you were right its not funny don't make jokes, people did die.

Best answers
I hate it when people make jokes about something like this. It's serious, and people died!

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
first Columbia was driven by a male driver.

Also you are being sexist, even mentioing it was a girls fault is wrong and you should be ashamed of oyurself!

Best answers
Originally posted by OWA
first Columbia was driven by a male driver.

Also you are being sexist, even mentioing it was a girls fault is wrong and you should be ashamed of oyurself!
exactly...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That and Challenger was a result of poorly engineered O-rings that could fail at low temperatures . . . thus allowing all the fuel to escape and explode. Hardly a pilot fault.

Columbia seems to have been torn apart after a massive heat up in the left wing of the craft. That's indicative of tile damage . . . again not pilot error.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes a piece of crap hit the shuttle and caused damage in the left wing

and the damage riped up some tiles which made them explode

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no duh it would of

thats kind of stateing the obvious

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
while at work tonight I heard on the radio that one of the major things they are looking at is that a piece of insulation broke off during take off, perhaps damaging the left wing. They say that inside the shuttle the computers were telling the pilots to change course or something like that before the explosion...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Insulation has fallen off before from the fuel tanks, this was the first time that it hit the shuttle. :\

The sad thing is, they couldn't have repaired it anyway.

Anyone know what happened to Enterprise and Intrepid? Are they out of service? They only have three active shuttles now, Discovery, Endevour, and Atlantis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom