Agni's Philosophy - Realtime Tech Demo

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
[video=youtube;UVX0OUO9ptU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVX0OUO9ptU&feature=related[/video]
Was gonna post in Unreal thread, but that would be deviating from the topic so >>;
Just thought I would post this since no one else has so far, it looks pretty awesome :V

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Duuuuuude..... That looks amazing! I hope they do something with this....

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It is an amazing looking cutscene. But if you put together the action itself and what happens in the video it's pretty weak if you ask me. I've seen good looking cutscenes that where more interesting then this, like this one.
http://youtu.be/9nC78t0NUCE

So in conclusion as always Square is going to make neat looking cutscenes for their next FF game or whatever the hell that was supposed to be, but the game itself is not going to be as nearly as good as the cutscenes, as far as I've seen with all of the FF games. Hopefully the Cutscenes for the actual game won't feel as rushed and all over the damn place like this one.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
It is an amazing looking cutscene. But if you put together the action itself and what happens in the video it's pretty weak if you ask me. I've seen good looking cutscenes that where more interesting then this, like this one.
http://youtu.be/9nC78t0NUCE

So in conclusion as always Square is going to make neat looking cutscenes for their next FF game or whatever the hell that was supposed to be, but the game itself is not going to be as nearly as good as the cutscenes, as far as I've seen with all of the FF games. Hopefully the Cutscenes for the actual game won't feel as rushed and all over the damn place like this one.
That's not a cutscene bro, its running on the engine in realtime :T Er, unless my definition of a cutscene is entirely skewed, I assuming you are talking about ingame CG movies here >>;
You could move the camera around, pause it etc. Though that's not shown here.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Fi...en-Trailer-Crushes-Unreal-Engine-4-43389.html

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
An interactive movie huh? Could go far but I still don't trust Square (The last FF game and Deus Ex: Human Revolution where pretty good gaaaames) No siry still don't trust them... Also does this mean I won't be playing any character but I'll be more like some sort of an editor for the game?

My brain hurts, again....

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe it's a tech demo of the upcoming game called "Luminous". Saw a little bit of it on google. So, no. This isn't a final fantasy game.

And imo people go way too hard on FF games lately. It's true, 13 and 13-2 sucks but the mmo seems to be getting alot better and 12 was still one of my favorite games for the ps2.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I believe it's a tech demo of the upcoming game called "Luminous". Saw a little bit of it on google. So, no. This isn't a final fantasy game.

And imo people go way too hard on FF games lately. It's true, 13 and 13-2 sucks but the mmo seems to be getting alot better and 12 was still one of my favorite games for the ps2.
If this is true then what where they actually demoing(this is actually a word? the hell?)/showcasing? It's clearly not a gameplay footage since I didn't see any sort of control over a character or anything except for the camera and the fact that you could completely mock with the textures of certain things around you. Are they trying to tell us that in-game graphics of this game are actually gonna be like this? If so then holy hellstone is that game gonna be humongous gynormous call it what you will, which kinda makes me exited what are they cooking up for us... hmmm
Though I've seen a similar amazing footage for the Kinect if I'm not mistaken, and look where it is now, hopefully I'm just making bad assumptions.

It may not be a FF game but it still looks like one, a slightly darker one, hopefully there won't be Muggles or whatever that Hellspawn with a big nose that kept going kupo all the time was, in this game, though by the looks of it I have a sneaky suspicion there will be something like this here too, so I'll be preparing my mind for it. Gulp.

Actually for me in terms of characters and "story"(it's marked like this because the story is always weird in FF games, you need a special kind of stomach do digest it and most people don't posses such a thing) 13 and 13-2 weren't the worst games in the world. Gameplay however, ulgh at first fun and interesting, then seemingly repetitive, then grind, grind, grind, grind, some more, oh hello, something interesting, now grind some more. But still people will never forget FF X (god no, please no) and X-2 (thee Horror) and the MMO that was.... *insert barf animation here*.... and as far as most people are concerned it still is.... *insert barf animation here* ..... though I personally can't comment directly on this since I avoid sub-based MMO's like the plague.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks more like a Real World Final Fantasy. I am hoping they use this idea and expand greatly on it. Just from this scene and the way it looked, I would definitely buy it. It would be the first of Square Enix's games I have bought in over a Decade.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It looks more like a Real World Final Fantasy. I am hoping they use this idea and expand greatly on it. Just from this scene and the way it looked, I would definitely buy it. It would be the first of Square Enix's games I have bought in over a Decade.
Let's just hope that IF it is a FF style game the character will actually dress better.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If this is true then what where they actually demoing(this is actually a word? the hell?)/showcasing? It's clearly not a gameplay footage since I didn't see any sort of control over a character or anything except for the camera and the fact that you could completely mock with the textures of certain things around you. Are they trying to tell us that in-game graphics of this game are actually gonna be like this? If so then holy hellstone is that game gonna be humongous gynormous call it what you will, which kinda makes me exited what are they cooking up for us... hmmm
Though I've seen a similar amazing footage for the Kinect if I'm not mistaken, and look where it is now, hopefully I'm just making bad assumptions.

It may not be a FF game but it still looks like one, a slightly darker one, hopefully there won't be Muggles or whatever that Hellspawn with a big nose that kept going kupo all the time was, in this game, though by the looks of it I have a sneaky suspicion there will be something like this here too, so I'll be preparing my mind for it. Gulp.

Actually for me in terms of characters and "story"(it's marked like this because the story is always weird in FF games, you need a special kind of stomach do digest it and most people don't posses such a thing) 13 and 13-2 weren't the worst games in the world. Gameplay however, ulgh at first fun and interesting, then seemingly repetitive, then grind, grind, grind, grind, some more, oh hello, something interesting, now grind some more. But still people will never forget FF X (god no, please no) and X-2 (thee Horror) and the MMO that was.... *insert barf animation here*.... and as far as most people are concerned it still is.... *insert barf animation here* ..... though I personally can't comment directly on this since I avoid sub-based MMO's like the plague.

Its an engine showcase. Basically have a scripted event thats rendered real time on the engine.

Pretty much the same as the E3 UE4 showcase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom