Best answers
We picture you on how you act, if you act immaturely then we picture you immature like a kid. Would anyone have guessed that I'm only 14?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Lol, I'm 18 and sometimes acting like 3 year old kid ^^
But overall, if I want to act "mature and responsible", I'm ok with that. Its just matter of your mood.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Pff I'm almost 20 and I still act like a kid :p

I hope I'm never mature o/

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no age you can set for how long ur a kid... its usually down to how long you feel like you're not an adult... I know a guy who's 20 and he acts like a 12 year old most of the time, i wouldnt even clasify him as an adult. Being mature, like Gir said, is to do with the view of the peers. Bottom line is, we shouldnt really put down people because of how "immature" they are, infact we should seek to enlighten them, but most people are *******s, and cant be arsed to give people a chance. Threads like this dont help your case.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Kurt said:
Pff I'm almost 20 and I still act like a kid :p

I hope I'm never mature o/
Hehe, I'm like that and I'm 18. If I don't need to act like an adult, then I won't. You should see me and my friends when we go play initial D at the mall, quite funny. :yes:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah 13-15 ages have a bad stereotype to them...But, there are too many people to change it, so, just focus on yourself and being above that. To me, its how you act all the time that defines the maturity and it's not like immature is bad, i just have my limits of toleration. Some people forget my age, so, thats good for me :yes:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
There's no age you can set for how long ur a kid... its usually down to how long you feel like you're not an adult...
That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You do realize there's a difference between being mature and being an adult right?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Adult has always been defined depending on age for hundreds of years, 200 years ago you were an adult at 12 or 13, now its 18 or 21 depending on what country or culture you come from. Back hundreds of years ago, childhood was never really seen as a different part of life, the sooner you got down the mines and started working the better. Childhood has always been a social construction. Adult is merely the age that society tells you, you must take more responsibility. To me, being a kid/adult has nothing to do with age, its to do with how you feel in yourself, im almost 18 (infact 18 next month) and i feel nothing like an adult. So in my view even when im 18 (which is when my country tells me im an adult) i still wont be an adult, because i do not see myself as an adult. Catch my drift? Its not like when you turn 18 you're magically more mature and sensible and more responsible, its not a magic day that transforms you into an adult.

Best answers
d like to point out that to worry abaut what others think of you is a waste of brain power & energy.
Id advise all of you to do someting better like educate and train your selfs in body and mind. I am doing it more often after i fell upon this thruth of mine.
Althogh beeing a jerk isnt a good thing at all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Corefinder said:
d like to point out that to worry abaut what others think of you is a waste of brain power & energy.
Id advise all of you to do someting better like educate and train your selfs in body and mind. I am doing it more often after i fell upon this thruth of mine.
Althogh beeing a jerk isnt a good thing at all.
Or maybe you should just accept that you are what you are and nothing but time is going to change it, then go and enjoy it!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How are people on the forum able to discriminate by age if we dont know how old everyone is? I dont really care if you are 12 and have something to say, but some of the people here have the maturity of a hampster. It would stand to reason that it is the immature members here that are the ones discriminating by age.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
When i first started off here i was 15 but i never had a problem about being labelled a kid becuase

1) I knew i really was one a kid why try and hide the fact if your a kid enjoy it and try and learn from your elders.

2) Nobody ever judged me on my age they treated me on my contribution to the forums
Hell in my birthday thread enough people were shocked to learn i just turned 17 so i think that speaks for itself.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Kaination said:
Just think of it this way:

You have 17 years of being a kid.

you have about 70-90 years of being a mature, grown adult. Just enjoy being a kid.
Just repeat that to yourself over and over, for it is the most true statement youll ever get in this thread.
Hell, im 22 next month and I still act like a kid most of the time... infact, theres a guy at work in his 50's who came up to me today with a box on his head, holes cut to see out of.

Best answers
solidus said:
Just repeat that to yourself over and over, for it is the most true statement youll ever get in this thread.
Hell, im 22 next month and I still act like a kid most of the time... infact, theres a guy at work in his 50's who came up to me today with a box on his head, holes cut to see out of.
And that children is why you should never smoke crack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thing is, you can act like a kid when you're 12 and get away with it, when you're 18 people have expectations of you and expect you to be mature and responsible. So quit your whining, i'd rather be a kid and grow up to be an adult than be an adult and never get to relive my childhood years.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. If you want bills, car trouble, a miserable job, and a girlfriend that never stops *****ing...by all means. Go ahead.

By the way I think typing is a vital perceptive contribution to one's age and experience. You could have the most deep brilliant thing to say, but if you go and say it like this:
AOL-tards said:
d3wd i hve eh ossomist ideer to save teh wirld!
then people aren't going to think very highly even if you were trying to say this:
Translation said:
I have just discovered an instantaneous cure for Cancer!!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, all I know is that I am enjoying my childhood, and I dont ever want it to end.

EDIT: Banana (I can say that!)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maturity is knowing that your actions are going to speak louder than what you say. So people group you as a kid since you're some younger age. You can argue your maturity until your blue and the face and it wouldn't help at all, but probably be even detrimental. However, accepting that they group you as a kid then proving yourself mature actions has much better results.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Arguing that you're mature is always going to make people think you aren't, same as saying you're mature. So long as you treat people with respect and type sensibly (not in 1337 or stupid stuff like U or some other) then people will most likely think you are mature.

Also, something that many people consider a sign of maturity is knowing the difference between something being crap, and you just not liking something. For example, I don't like techno music and dance music but I can't say "it's crap" as there are plenty of people who like it to prove otherwise.

Also also, you can be mature and still do strange things :p it's called enjoying yourself :p

I thought I was mature when I was 13 -15, looking back now I know that I wasn't :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom