After Playing StarCraft

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Starcraft - awesome.

Screenshots - not awesome.

Oh and Gohan, I know the thread people aren't being kind to the intended humor, but no one attacked the original poster directly, so keep your flames down, champ.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahahahahahaha.....ha? Well very funny indeed. I totally see the humor in those pictures. Anyway, just a question for the SC veterans around here...Is there anyway to force the game to play at 1280x1024 rather than 1024x768? It looks so damn blurry that I can't watch at it for long before my eyes really start to hurt.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll search about the resolution Sicron.Oh and did you realy get the pics or was that sarcasm? :p

To the guys who didn't get it:
-in the 1st pic me and tiger are enjoying our scores since I came 1st and him 2nd, even though we played as a team dan is not satisfyed cuz his score is almost the last
-in the 2nd pic we played a free for all and I pwned them both

Hopefully some will finaly get it now.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll search about the resolution Sicron.Oh and did you realy get the pics or was that sarcasm? :p

-in the 1st pic me and tiger are enjoying our scores since I came 1st and him 2nd, even though we played as a team dan is not satisfyed cuz his score is almost the last

Oh, I'm pretty sure we all got it the first time. And just so you know, it's still not funny.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I think we all "got it", it just isn't funny... at all...

@ Gohan - Starcraft doesn't suck, this thread does. I think everyone here loves (or loved at one point) the awesome game that is Starcraft. It's just that there are better games out nowadays, so why go back to such an old game? Exactly, there's no point whatsoever, unless you have a low end system or something. I mean DAMN, Starcraft is almost 10 years old now... But hey, play it if you really still enjoy it. :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think we all "got it", it just isn't funny... at all...

@ Gohan - Starcraft doesn't suck, this thread does. I think everyone here loves (or loved at one point) the awesome game that is Starcraft. It's just that there are better games out nowadays, so why go back to such an old game? Exactly, there's no point whatsoever, unless you have a low end system or something. I mean DAMN, Starcraft is almost 10 years old now... But hey, play it if you really still enjoy it. :rolleyes:
Starcraft is still awesome even after 10 years. It's one of the best RTS's out there, even though the graphics aren't all that good, the gameplay kicks ass. Especially when you play it online. I don't find new games as attractive and addicting, even though I have a system that supports most of them, I don't like them. It's all focused on better graphics, worse gameplay. Hell, I still play Phantasy Star 4 which was for Sega. Because the gameplay and story are awesome. I still play TETRIS when I have nothing better to do. That's right, the old DOS version.

So yeah. Old games FTW.

And this thread really isn't funny, anyone who thinks it is, is a bish. xD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aren't you 15?
Kids these days =P

I may be 16, I know for psuedo-fact that I will detest underaged kids who don't know their place and drink when I reach the legal age. Most will probably think that too.

This is what they call..Esoteric humor. It may be funny for you three, but for an outside perspective it's just like "...Ok then?"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol. I don't drink seriously. Only on some occassions, and this time it was my friend's birthday. We had some beer and white wine, that's all. I tried vodka once in my life, was almost poisoned by alcohol. Never again. Oh well.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
"Hahahahahahaha.....ha? Well very funny indeed. I totally see the humor in those pictures. Anyway, just a question for the SC veterans around here...Is there anyway to force the game to play at 1280x1024 rather than 1024x768? It looks so damn blurry that I can't watch at it for long before my eyes really start to hurt."

Unfortunately the resolution cannot be increased, StarCraft default is 640x480 - And there has never been an option to change it.
Apparently there is an announcement of a new game and is going to be announced in the next week or 2, The funny thing is it will be announced in korea... StarCraft 2 anyone?

And p.s I wouldn't mind giving you lionheart a run for your money. (I'll probably win!)

Keiha
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionHeart View Post
so...whats holding you?
Can't find my CD Key's.
Do you still have your original CD key?
I was lucky actually, a friend borrowed my StarCraft original disc ages ago, lucky for me, I knew my CD key off by heart. (I'm that in love with the game, I can even say my CD key backwards...)
So I borrowed a mates StarCraft Disc, copied it and crap, I still have my original Brood war CD and all the packaging and even the receipt, So I aint sure if its still legal or not.
And I also have an external DVD-Rom drive, with brood wars in it, And thats my 'StarCraft drive' the disc never gets removed.

Also StarCraft isnt 10 years old - Its 9 :p
It was released on April 1, 1998. (Trust me, I was at my local game shop waiting for them to open the doors so I can get my copy!)
And another annoyance, It seems blizzard has forgotten about StarCraft to some extent, How long has he 1.14 patch been around? theres like a gazillion hackz for the game, that alot of people use - And it seriously ruins things.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Its the best game ever released, period; there has been no other game that I can comfortably sit for hours on end, and still keep me interested after all these years.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And p.s I wouldn't mind giving you lionheart a run for your money. (I'll probably win!)

Do you still have your original CD key?
I don't got them anymore, and if you wanna play with me you'll have to settle to a lan battle using hamachi (a LAN simulator over the internet).Oh and since you are a veteran you're probably way better than me. :p

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Aight, Fully sic'
I'll download and check out hamachi later on tomorrowz, I just had a 2 and a half hour FFA on BGH - I swear I have never clicked and used the keyboard so fast! I almost died of shock when I saw I broke my old APM record! (I scored 113 APM)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ok....Whats FFA, BGH and APM ???

OH and once you get on hamachi join this network:

Name: dzamija92
Password: starwars
FFA means Free For All (8 player slug fest)
BGH is a very popular map it means Big Game Hunters
and APM means Actions Per Minuit, Basically it tells you how good you can multi-task which includes Macro (Building and resource gathering) and Micro (How well you can control your units special ability's and how well you can use your units in combat).
60-80 APM is about average.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ whoever asked if starcraft can be forced into a higher resolution.

feel lucky you can get that high at all, starcraft was intended for a resolution of 640x480. which includes all the textures, and HUD etc.

so it's only natural, that the more you stretch it, the worse it will look.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
:O After playing Lion and dan and totally getting my buttox handed to me (They played incredibly well) They showed a good build order, and dan killed an entire army with dark templars which I didnt expect so now, I was wondering if any other StarCraft players out there that wouldn't mind some uber Free for all action? :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:O After playing Lion and dan and totally getting my buttox handed to me (They played incredibly well) They showed a good build order, and dan killed an entire army with dark templars which I didnt expect so now, I was wondering if any other StarCraft players out there that wouldn't mind some uber Free for all action? :p
Well we did get totaly pwned but yea it would be cool to have a masive free for all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom