Admin Abuse? someone plz help

Best answers
I was in a server the other day and an admin set it so i cant use beams, i cant talk, i cant check scores, and whenever i hit certain keys it will automatically say something for me ex: link: I Eat S***. I'm not sure if this is admin abuse or not and im sure he was just jokin around. Either way im not mad but it's stayed like that over night now and i cant really play, so i was wondering if someone could tell me how i can change it back to normal. Thanks in advance.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
reset your keyboard config.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, just reset your keys ingame or by editing the config.cfg file in your ESF directory.
That file sets all of your key binds, and basically what the admin did was mess around with your copy of that file.
Meh... I guess it's technically admin abuse, but if it's his server, he can pretty much do whatever he wants. I think if you set the config.cfg file to read-only, you can prevent this.

Best answers
k thanx

I didnt think it was admin abuse that he messed around with that, but i thought he shoulda changed it back before closing the server

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Set your config to read only afterwords, There are adminmod plugins that allow you to rebind players keys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom