Adding a new Character

Best answers
With the Animations I am slowly wrapping my head around it, as long as it is called the right thing you could have the animation of Final flash being Brolli doing the hand stand.

In saying that i have to work out the FPS things and what not in the QC file.
Kinda anoying, but out o all the movies and I know ESF have said they are not doing any movie characters which I think is fair.
But Brolli I thing would be a good contribution, he is a Sayin and he has a few transformations and I am sure everyone would love him.

Maybe if they develop something to the game that alows you to add one new character but you need to provide the stats and name of him.
make a generic power level say 1 mill start, power multiplyer 2x health max 130, speed 280.
And have the moves as plain as possible, like 5 no name moves.
Called Ki Ball 1, Beam 1, Big beam 2, Ball of Doom, etc so you can sync the animations up to them easyly and be able to change their sprites without changing another ingame move so you can have a completely custom attacks.
I know this will most likely not be added but it would be a kewl idea, and every persons DIR would be different so they would see their character they are fighting, so that would be cool.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Did anyone of you guys played BidForPower. How many characters were there in EBFP so it isnt imposible. Just need a time to do it. Half Life is better than quake3 and in quake3 were 61 character, a bunch of them so you can put it.

Best answers
Dead Hunter said:
Did anyone of you guys played BidForPower. How many characters were there in EBFP so it isnt imposible. Just need a time to do it. Half Life is better than quake3 and in quake3 were 61 character, a bunch of them so you can put it.

half life and better then q3?! are u crazy? the q3 engine is one of the best engines i have ever seen. it has alot of resources... and u forget that half-life is using the Quake 1 engine(a modified one) so it is impossible that the q1-e is better...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So what a f**k did they create this game in this f****ng mode why isnt it game by it itself or in HL2. why dont they jump now to HL2

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
because they dont want to - check the stickied threads - they tell more than they let on!

And halflife is better than quake 3 - the game totally blowed -_-

Best answers
Quake 3 has some advantages over the Quake 1 (modifyed Half Life 1 Engine)
But I prefer the Half Life engine than quake 3.
Bid For power in no way felt like Dragon ball Z.
Don't bother mentioning that they "Couldn't" go DBZ, all they did was change the models of the characters.
ESF feels like Dragon ball Z

Best answers
bfp isnt like DBZ because they had some troubles with the license

@orion: the game has nothing to do how good it is to make a mod for it...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
true - but then again i would refer people to teh modding community - halflife is far more prolific than quake3 - again reinforcing the point about the engine :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dev Sibwarra said:
bfp isnt like DBZ because they had some troubles with the license
they didnt have problems with license as far as i know, they just didnt want to put in effort to create a good dbz game...how come esf and a million other dbz mods dont have license problems? anyway this is something for a different tread

ontopic: Simply you cant put in your own characters unless you start changing code. Custom chars would also suck since like...nobody would play with the original chars anymore

Best answers
Buu-whu said:
YAH THAT PERSON THANKS KRULI1. WE CAN ALSO MAKE MR ROSHI AND HERCULE AND BOTH ANDROIDS AND THE UBUU GUY ALSO THE DEBURA AND BIBIDI CAN BE MADE SO CAN THE GINYU FORCE WOULD BE AWSOME THERES SO MANY PPL THAT CAN BE ADDED HOW ABOUT IF WE MAKE SOME FUSIONED PPL LIKE VEGETTO OR GOGETA OR GOTENKS THAT WOULD BE SWEET ....... I WOULD GLADLY MAKE JUST DON T KNOW HOW OR HAVE THE PROGRAM TO DO SO TELL ME WHAT U GUYZ THINK YES NO MAYBE?
Caps attack!

I have seen hercule, android 17 and 18, vegetto, gotenks, and gogeta models. They are all availible somewhere-- whether on this forums or esf-world.com.

And blurting out a random post like this in ALL CAPS isn't cool. Caps lock doesn't make your post any more attracting to other readers, it just pisses them off.

Best answers
[SAS]Orion said:
paragraphs are nice - please use them >.<

Well fusion is a nono - the team have already said so.

Destructable terrain is also a nono - too complex for the hl1 engine plus would cause incredible lag.

I do not understand what you meant about the aura.

destructable wouldnt be too bad, they could have just certain parts of things destroy when hid. Breakables are doable in HL and as far as i've seen not laggy (in cs). Like maybe you have the arena, and a tops of 3 craters could be made (pre specified) or on a mountain side, maybe like 1 or 2 spots, or one big one. or have a hollow part and you could make it look like you throw somebody through the mountain. Also these spots could be identified like they are in the cartoon (or any other cartoon for that matter) by a different shade (usually it's lighter).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah - but its a bit silly to only have small parts of a map that's destructable o-O

Best answers
Yeah, If you want destructable Terrain cool but not just a partial or maybe a rock.
Either you have it or you don't.
Still no luck cloning a character in ESF so far.

Best answers
well he said just for his use and he doesent have to let everyone know what hes doing or how hes doing it but an amount of people could fiqure out what he was doing and do the same thing but I think if he wants to make a custom character go for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom