Absence noted!

Best answers
yes I have become absent. but I have been saving for a new computer and boy o boy will this be a doozy.. lol

I have been offline due to work and gaining money for this and finally ordered it yesterday.

-Asus A7N8X-X w/ 6-channel audio onboard

-1.83 AMD Athlon XP 2500 Barton processor

-512 pc3200 ddr 400 ram

-Western Digital Caviar WD400BB 40GB 7200 rpm

-500 w power supply with a AHANIX AUDI XP 8-BAY Case viewable window on the side. (Picture: http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage...-126-015-07.JPG)

-RADEON 9800 xt Pro with Half-Life Voucher

-SAMSUNG SyncMaster 955df 21" CRT 19" Viewable Monitor Flat-Screen

-Thermaltake XaserIII Office Keyboard & Mouse, 2-Tone(BLUE/SILVER). Multimedia+Office Keyboard and 3D modern optical mouse

-LINKSYS Cable Modem Router

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ooooooh, sounds pretty nice, and whats that? a HL2 voucher? OOOOOOOOOOOOH PERDY!!!!!!! I want it! :D

Oh, I almost forgot, welcome back.

Best answers
Oh yea...oh yea..this will help my artwork in many ways ! :) 3 gigs of possible ram..imagin opening 3ds or rendering a image then! :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that is one kick ass vid card but the processor is kinda weak for todays competition, everyone has like 2.x

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Moved to off-topic as posting computer stats have NOTHING to do with art.

Also about that processure... it sucks. Barton suck in general... You should have gone for the p4 3.02ghz 800fsb /me drools. I have been a huge AMD fan for a long time but amd bartons just are not that good at all... Where did you read that you can get up to 3 ghz with a barton.. Ever professional site I go to wont even try it because they know it is not possible unless you have a massive cooler (aircompresser)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well anything is better than my proccessor, an AMD Athlon with 900mhz.

Thats just sad.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm using a Dual 3GHz Pentium4 with Hyperthreading and 800FSB. Works -great-. I'm always the first to load in almost every game.

Retired
Best answers
everything rocks imo, except for the processor. I think it might be a bottleneck to yer vid-card actually :)

anyway it all looks pretty good man. n1 :)

Best answers
I have almost thesame setup except I have a 80 GB hard drive and a Athlon 3000+
The setup works pritty well for me hope you enjoy your new PC

Best answers
yeah definately...

i was told that the barton is a good budget processor and yes I will be getting a large cooling system :p

Best answers
Hsu said:
Moved to off-topic as posting computer stats have NOTHING to do with art.

Also about that processure... it sucks. Barton suck in general... You should have gone for the p4 3.02ghz 800fsb /me drools. I have been a huge AMD fan for a long time but amd bartons just are not that good at all... Where did you read that you can get up to 3 ghz with a barton.. Ever professional site I go to wont even try it because they know it is not possible unless you have a massive cooler (aircompresser)
My barton 2500 is running at 2.2 gHz, which puts it up to 3200+ speeds.

48 degrees celcius

The barton is an overclocking monster. If I wanted to be broke, I would go Intel. I like getting cheap speed though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom