About future releases

Best answers
I suggest that the team should make sure everything that gets changed should be known and talked to with the community before it happens so as to prevent all of these complaints. I don't remember anyone saying anything about the hit detection changing, but I do remember someone saying that the maps would get fixed. I don't remember anyone saying that beams would not fire while the primary trigger is held, but I do remember someone saying that the swoop stickings would be fixed. The patch has added unneccasary content and left bugs needing fixing untouched. The time wasn't even taken to fix esf_mid, a map which would be pretty good if it weren't a checkboard. That's work wasted. Did those beam jumps really have to go in ESF for the sake of some bugs to stay around? I don't plan on using the beam jumps in any of my fighting tactics because I don't see the effectiveness in their burning of ki quicker than a few well placed teleports. And was the melee damage reduced? All of this stuff should not have come as the curveball that it did. I think if all of these things were talked about in the community before they were implemented, that there wouldn't be any problems. What bugs has 1.1 actually fixed? I've gotten instantly blockcountered a couple of times already. It's added a few, though.. I appreciate the ESF team's work, very much. I love the game, but 1.1 was released rather sloppily and I don't feel it was exactly rushed outside of a few noobs asking for a release date. If it's broke, fix it, but don't change it.

Best answers
How can a mod copy the idea of what method of hit detection someone uses, a technique disclosed by PcJoe in a post anyway. The fact is is that ESF 1.1 delivered on nothing it promised it would. Free or not, a let down is a let down. It's a good thing most of the servers went back to 1.0 at least..

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure where you are getting all this from. But there is a clear outline on what they added. ADDED. To 1.1. Things that were changed might not have been included in this list for they weren't added.

And practically all the old 1.0 bugs are fixed. It seems to me you are needlessly knit-picking.

Best answers
Name one bug that got fixed from 1.0:

You can still blow yourself on walls.

Trunks can still instantly block counter.

Swoop still gets stuck.

Should I start naming the bugs that were -added-, though? I'll spare you that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom