About 1.2 Teleporting

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what thread this should be in. But its about esf. so im putting it here.

In 1.2 is there a small delay as to when you teleport. not the .15 second inbetween delay i know about that. I'm talking about when you actually press your binded teleport button. i press it. and i still get hit and the guy didnt quite get to me yet.

In 1.1 i did the exact same thing. but never got hit. unless the person turned to hit me. i dont know something has to be wrong. its like i cant control anything. like i reconver from being knocked back and they shoot a beam or something at me i press q (default block button) and i get hit and i blocked it! and i know know one is cheating because it happens to me no matter who they are

Is this a bug or am i just going crazy?

Best answers
it might be a bug or it might be there for some reason but it happens to me too..... Anyway i think this was meant to go in coding/bug report thingy.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Could have to do with your ping too, since you're seeing what is happening however many milliseconds ago, and by the time you react, the other person has already hit you, even though it would appear you blocked/teleported in time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder sometimes if teleports are done like how they actually are in the show--where it's just you moving really really fast. If that's the case, it would explain it a little bit, no?

Best answers
it happens to me too..ALOT..and its a pain..i hate it soo badly...and although it did happen in 1.1...it was VERY rare...so im guessing its 1.2...plus i only play on servers where i ping under 100..so its not ping/lag

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yup. I hate that too. Because of the little delay when i first press tele, i find that people get a 1 or 2 free shots off of me. My ping is usually anywhere from 10 to 90 (at the most), so it sure as hell isnt the ping.

Best answers
it could be the ping when my ping jumps up theres a delay on the tele but usally my pings 10-30 so i dont get it often

Best answers
Dude it's just the ping. If you're in ping like 100 or 120 the delay time is like 1 second, thats ur answer. Dont play in crappy servers

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raiden, my ping is always really low. Thats not the problem. I guarantee it.

Best answers
its not...

i occasionally teleport away and magically they appear in front of me to begin prepunching. they dont teleport or turn. they just appear there. sounds like a problem to me.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they just appear next to you that's lag. Maybe it's your framerates in 1.2... I've never had that problem and I've played with a ping of 160. You're lagging, either visually or internet wise.

Best answers
its weird cuz it never happened in 1.1 for me. tis very annoying.

btw in 1.1 i had worse fps and lag.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No it didnt. Lag was at a minimum in 1.1. If you did lag, it was bearable. I would know since i had 56k at the time. I was able to play pretty well with my 220 ping. My fps is 60, but that is only because i like it at 60. If i were to do a few tweaks, i would have 100fps (ive had it, but it seemed weird to me).

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, now I get what you're saying. That isn't lag... The reason it didn't happen as often in 1.1 probably had something to do with the speeds being different. The fact is there's a tiny delay between when someone hits you and when it registers, for whatever reason, maybe for hit detection, so if you teleport in that tiny time frame you still take the hit. It's a lot easier to hit people in 1.2 because of the slower speeds so maybe that has to do with it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm..that would explain it. Thanks Boyster.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um when i posted this thread. i was talking about a server i hosted... so my ping was 0.... so It WASN'T ping. and i never go in servers where my ping is higher than 90 if it is i leave.

[EDIT]
Just read SB's post. thanks. i guess thats it. do you think it might be changed. in some way. cuz. its really annoying.. or can it be changed?

Best answers
Just so you know Raiden, a ping of 100 indicates it take 100 milliseconds for information to reach you. That would make it 0.1 seconds, not 1 second.

Also guys, if you teleport into someones collision box, you will stop, you can't go through them. 1.1 had very small collision boxes.

Best answers
well i have that problem too...
i just teleport up or left/right when someone is swooping straight to me (from the front)
and it looks like he teleports with me... he just appears right in front of me again without even coming close to the teleport button
are the hitboxes that much bigger in 1.2 then?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They added the teleport delay on purpose so my teleport script wouldn't work anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom