Ability to block frieza's/destructo disk

Best answers
If player has much higher power level than enemy, he should be able to block frieza's or destructo disk. Frieza's unstoppable disk is really annoying in ESF 1.2.3.

[video=youtube;tzN6H3XnS0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzN6H3XnS0k[/video]

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It's only annoying if you don't know how to do anything but run on the ground. I would've actually suggested buffing both disc's substantially.

Krillins Scatterbeam is way more of a problem than destructo disc.

Best answers
:
It's only annoying if you don't know how to do anything but run on the ground. I would've actually suggested buffing both disc's substantially.

Krillins Scatterbeam is way more of a problem than destructo disc.
Do you know frieza's disk bug in ESF 1.2.3? This bug is is really annoying and players can only fly/teleport away, but disk will caught you anyway:)

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The shield will be able to block the discs in the final. BUt a player just using the block button will not.

Also i have yet to see that bug. I usually teleport though the disc nd head straight towards the guy who threw it.

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that bug is awesome. The disk is trying to get back to his owner's hands, but the owner goes to spectators and spectates some player, thus the disk follows that player forever xD.

As to the suggestion,

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
That's an old bug...i figured that one would be known :-\.

I remember how annoying that was..but most servers had a way around it...forgot how

Super elite
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Destructo disc are unblockable. You cannot block a Destructo disc if its that sharp that could cut throw your hands and into your body and then slice you up in half like a sharp sword can.

Last edited:
Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
TBH I think there were more failed/blocked/countered discs deployed in the franchise than successful disk hits. If ping wasn't such an issue, I would say you should use a well timed Kiai to block/break/repel them.

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like the idea of blocking the discs but only in certain situations.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
TBH I think there were more failed/blocked/countered discs deployed in the franchise than successful disk hits. If ping wasn't such an issue, I would say you should use a well timed Kiai to block/break/repel them.
Actually they were blocked once. By Gohan. All other atempts ended in the person missing. Except for Frieza who hit himself.

Best answers
Actually they were blocked once. By Gohan. All other atempts ended in the person missing. Except for Frieza who hit himself.
2:14

[video=youtube;U9oqLmQJiRU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9oqLmQJiRU[/video]

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Does a destructo disc ever actually get a direct hit on anyone. Frieza's was his own fault.
Not really.

In any case in ESF discs will stay unblockable. Though that said, i do remember being able to knock them away using a well timed explosion.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
What if, in true Japanese style, we made the discs somewhat of a gambling venture?

Let's just suppose that a disc is incredibly powerful yet becomes easier to counter as the PL differential between the disc-user and the defender increases.

This means that when a disc hits you, you might be able to struggle against it (using old or new animation), swat it away, or most likely simply get sliced. At some extreme point I suppose you could block it with Kiai. The point is, this means that whenever a disc comes your way you can choose to attempt evasion or take a gamble and test your strength. In ESF, it pays to be weary of who your opponents are. You could even add a special kill for deflecting a disc back into the user. This would be an interesting way to defeat noobs relying on disc spam, as well as a hat tip to Frieza.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
What if, in true Japanese style, we made the discs somewhat of a gambling venture?

Let's just suppose that a disc is incredibly powerful yet becomes easier to counter as the PL differential between the disc-user and the defender increases.

This means that when a disc hits you, you might be able to struggle against it (using old or new animation), swat it away, or most likely simply get sliced. At some extreme point I suppose you could block it with Kiai. The point is, this means that whenever a disc comes your way you can choose to attempt evasion or take a gamble and test your strength. In ESF, it pays to be weary of who your opponents are. You could even add a special kill for deflecting a disc back into the user. This would be an interesting way to defeat noobs relying on disc spam, as well as a hat tip to Frieza.
You can block it with the shield attack. As for the interesting way to defeat new people. Did you ever see their reaction to you simply teleporting though the thing? Its hilarious XD

Also teleporting though the beam head is also quite funny.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
And the pink in Piccolo's arms would be more of a yellow/brown color. The game isn't totally based on the manga.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom