a way to stop beaming

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well we all know we can beam spam.

i did some thought about it, and the thing i am gonna suggest has been suggested in many forms, i lost count of them so i dont know if they had been suggested in combination with the beam spam, so here goes

i would like to suggest that there will be sort of a limit to the number of attacks you can throw in row

example
the first attack (i use kame for it)
the first kame would have its full power
if you would charge another one it would have less power then the first one
if you continue it will drain more ki than the first ones and therefor automaticly would have less power and slower charge rate.

i think this way you have a way to stop people for charging up the same attack over and over.

it could be indicated with some sort of " stamina bar" or you will just notice it that the second/third and so on wouldnt be as affective as the first one, once people notice this they wont use it over and over again.

well this is what i could come up with. dont know if you guys like it, but do state your opinion

Best answers
what about ki blobs are we going to do the same with those?

generic beams/balls

mabey only for big attacks like GG/Kaame/SBC/Mouth Blast/ and all the others

and the small attacks like the generics could be used alot... as some people tend to beam jump alot to get away from fights

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jeah but you dont see a guys spamming generic balls to get kills those are good as they are, they were used tons of time in the show, but i never saw anyone, except for gohan with his masenko shooting 4 kame or 3 specialbeam cannons

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you're just a sissy that never have a change.
if beams has limit's then a beam can better be deleted, i like beams and never use melee until i have to.
beam's makes dbz dbz, whituot that there would be no dbz.
no limit's in the beam's, or melee is all there is and it sux.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not the most articulate way of putting it, but I kind of agree...putting a limit on beams kind of sucks. The wave damage beams suggestion I made might solve your problem though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and when did making a suggestion made somebody a sissy. it doesnt says anything about my style of playing nor does it indicate that i´m having trouble with people shooting only beams.
i´m only putting my thoughts into it after seeing so much complain posts about it
so leave your smartass reply´s out of this.

edit after SaiyanPrideXIX´s post
it isnt necessarily a limit, just an adjustment so the repetetive nature of it would slim down a little, maybe i didnt used the most accurate example´s
but i think it has to be a little more tactical to use your beams.

then again, it doesnt bothers me that there are people shooting them over and over.
it was just a suggestion that seemed right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree that something needs to be done about people ABUSING them. I mean...the SBC is insanely strong in this build, for example. And it can be HEAVILY spammed. But I dunno if limiting them is the way to go. I like the idea of HOW to limit it, and if it has to be limited sooner or later, I think this is the best way--let them keep shooting it, but penalized them for repetition. Four kames in the bastard will be shooting generic-sized beams whether he likes it or not.

But it also forces players to use melee all the time and I don't necessarily think that's right either. It'd be like in Counterstrike, making the AWP shoot less accurately every time it's fired. I dunno if it'd be well received...and it'd be really annoying if I were to miss with a full power final flash only to hit with the second and have it be wussier.

Best answers
Nah, Some people rely on Melee, some people rely on Beams. Just because they meleed in the show doesn't mean you have to on here. Some people can't melee. It'd just be stupid to force them to do something that they can't do.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, maybe adjusting the ki level of players would help, making it harder to gain full ki all the time,
i played a fun little game that i found in the offtopic forum, when playing it i was instantly searching for the recharging ki button, which obviously wasnt there :) my point is, it is to easy to charge attack/fire/recharge ki/etc.

dbz characters didnt had infinite ki either, only buu and the androids had, lets not put that to the sidenote.

therefor maybe an ki adjustment can/should be inplace

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
think about it.. it's hard enough as it is to use beams and get a direct hit unless tat person is not paying attention.. most ppl who play esf use melee, dont limit beams.. its not as much used as melee is.. i want beams to tone down in the amount of damage they do and made bigger.. thats what i'd like about beams..

also for instance u can't say.. STOP MELEEING YOUR SPAMMING MELEE.. same thing with beams.. or stop using 1.1 melee u spamming whore.. think about it

Best answers
Beams are limited, especially in 1.2.

You can't just fire kame after kame, the problem is that you can RECHARGE your entire ki when not ssj in only a few seconds.

But in 1.2, three quarters of the people in the map are invulnerable at any time, because of melee. It's damn harder to beam spam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
exactly thats my point too.. good post bihal

like i said.. bigger explosions, damage cut down to where it wont be insta kills, unless youre at a very very very veryyyyy higher PL advantage

Best answers
personally im think that Goku's ssj kame is insane..and its ghey...because i remembr in a server once fighting this one dude who was getting pwned by me..and all of a sudden he goes ssj and then beam jumps kame after kame from the ground...and if u didnt attack him he would shoot it near u and then explode it to either kill you or do a massive amount of damae that would nearly kill you...so beam spamming is still a problem...advanced mellee doesnt help at all when it comes to beam jumping therefore i agree with imkongkong's idea of reducing the damage they inflict...unless a truly massive pl diff is in play...(good suggestion) as for limiting attack...idk...it could work somewhat well to stop beam spam...but i mean it would at the same time kinda suck to have a limit...>.<

Best answers
I love dropping the death ball on everyone! MUAHAHA It is a CHEAP and EASY way to get kills, if you can't get kills w/ beams then you suck hard. Their invuln. while melee? just wait till they break up and it takes a split second to be able to do anything.. basically the time where you die from a beam. I agree w/ the main post or they could have a certain time limit before they can do the beam again.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for where this go's is dbz getting street fighter, only melee, a limit of speed shooting, cost a lot of ki.
realy, dbz has bin made big becours of the beam's, not only for the melee.
no time limit, in this way the beam char's are nothing anymore.
for exemple, vegeta is one of the most limited char and now the beam's must be limited to?
this realy sux, vegeta is limited on one of the highest in the top5 of limited char's.
the idea sux this way and the dbz fealing is gone this way.

Best answers
Yea Niobe is right, you cant put limits to beams. All that would do is incrase the number of melee whores. All they do is just kick you across the map over and over again and then shoot you with Ki blasts ;/

The attraction to DBZ games is the use of ki attacks. Sure, in the shows, all the fights were mostly melee, but its the ki attacks that shifts the outcome of the fight due to how much they hurt and the amount of ki that is used. Besides, 1.2 melee gets boring and it takes too much time to do. Power Struggles is where the action is at and harSens is fixing them, so they are going to look and work better in 1.3 :)

You can fix Special Beam Cannon from being whored. All you have to do to stop the whores is make it that the beam stays attached to Piccolo's or Cell's fingers when its being fired, like how its supposed to be. Then there will be no more problems with people jumping everywhere, using SBC, and running away to charge up another one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know 'bout u guys but EVERY time I play 1.2 and swoop at someone he does generic ball then I fall and he does another one to hit me when Im down. Then I swoop again and he does it again. Sure there are some ways to get around but I think the time limit between attacks is a MUST besides they never used it that much on dbz.

-And remember kidz. Do not play 1.2 at home (Or anywhere), wait for 1.3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ehh...I dunno. I agree that maybe the beams should be held off.

Picture this. You and an enemy get into a melee fight and he throws you into a wall. Holding jump or not, you're stuck there for a second. then from behind, SLAM, you both die after investing a good five to ten minutes fighting one another, getting no kill credit...while some kid who has never intentionally engaged in adv. melee in his life has 60 kills.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then try to get not in melee, i don't use atv. melee becours it get's bort and it makes me only in the disavnditch(don't know how to write it, try to understand).
i always stay away from melee so i can shoot a lot away with my ff and bba :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Ehh...I dunno. I agree that maybe the beams should be held off.

Picture this. You and an enemy get into a melee fight and he throws you into a wall. Holding jump or not, you're stuck there for a second. then from behind, SLAM, you both die after investing a good five to ten minutes fighting one another, getting no kill credit...while some kid who has never intentionally engaged in adv. melee in his life has 60 kills.
i want the strength of beams lower so it can't do insta kills.. i also wants beams larger and explosions larger.. u probably have to wait 4 seconds till after shooting a beam to shoot another one if there was a stamina bar implemented, the way i said it in my other threads.. so beam POWER should be held off and beam SIZE and RADIUS EXPLOSION should increase

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom