A Way to Impliment the Turbo Throw?

Best answers
The turbo throw used so many times in DBZ i call it the turbo throw as i cant think of any other name for it...

but basicly they Z fighter grabs a falling opponet and starts flying towards the ground really fast in turbo and lets go of them the last second and smashes them into the ground most o fthe time this either KO's them or seriously damages them...

is their any way to impliment this as it could be a great adition to the 1.2 adv melee system...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, it could be, but how would the guy block this? i allready dislike the throw whoring guy comes up prepunches and throws you away, i was pinned down by three guys who would simultaniously swoop at my direction and start tossing me around, that was until i start throwing them at eachoter :)

i like the idea magmus. i do, maybe it could be implemented as one of the strong punches in advance melee ;/

Best answers
Its a idea i tried to suggest, but i couldn't explain it so I didn't post it, good job magmus.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
let's pretent i'm magus :laff:
it get's a :yes: 4/5 :yes:
now i'm me again ;D
it's a good one.
and to anwer the blocking question, you get a stroggle bar and whit prymery fire you struggle.(just like a beam :idea: )
realy like it O_O

Best answers
niobe said:
let's pretent i'm magus :laff:
it get's a :yes: 4/5 :yes:
I will now correct you

Let's pretend i'm Magmus :laff:
it get's: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: (4 out of 5)
please say may name rite im not magus!

im Magmus or if you like you may call me Maggie

Thankyou

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's concievable but it would be hard to figure out how to do that without making it abuseable.

PS- Throwing is being sped up, so it'll be less annoying after the patch. It'll drain the same amount of ki as it does now but you'll know whether or not you're going to be thrown faster, which should make it less aggrivating.

Best answers
I dunno how it could be executed... if during prepunch, left click is for the combo system, right click is for throwing, maybe pressing block could do this? I mean, blocking doesn't do you any good when on the offense during prepunch.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
offtopic. sorry magmus about your name, i just gess and didn't look better.
ontopic. if there is getting a down/duck button then what about pushing the down button ant then throw.
what do you think magmus :yes:

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I like this idea. :D

The way it would be done is the same as throwing someone, but instead of just pressing secondary fire. Magmus, I'm kinda revising it alittle. Sorry. :p

• Holding Turbo + Secondary Fire would initiate the "suicide" run to the ground. Firstly, the offensive player would go up into the air, then begin a power dive toward the ground.
  • When that begins, a struggle bar would appear, the victim would hold both Primary + Secondary (Like when being thrown.), to try and slow him down, so the damage wouldn't be so severe, or to stop him entirely.
  • If you do manage to stop them, they'll break away.
  • Now if the offensive player is successful, both players should recieve damage, one more than the other.
  • When they hit the ground, they'll get up (automatically), and jump away from each other.
That's how i would make it so it wouldn't be abusive. Because who would want to do that when both players have 20% health, when a better way of taking them out is just throwing them into a mountain. ;)

Best answers
Great spin on it Killa. I was just gonna say it could finish off a really hard combo but you're idea is way better.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah, i like magmus idea better, there is more action in it.

Best answers
niobe said:
nah, i like magmus idea better, there is more action in it.
hey man i have some buns in my cabnet... wanna kiss 'em?

seriously though, if you can take your lips off magmus' hind parts for a minute, you will realise that magmus didnt even explain it... Krazy is the only one that really gave a run down of the whole thing. I like it... Adds more variety in the game... hehe it will also make melee more popular...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well the idea sounds great but as Killa said boath should recive damage id say the attacher recives 50% of the damage the attacked recives 100%
how much damage the attack costs depends on the strength of the players and the position of the struggle bar

Best answers
nice idea for a combo.. maby a finishing off combo? wich you can only do when the enemy has less then 20/30 HP.. and when you enter that combo.. you can do any atacks behind it (infront it IS posseble)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think I might be the original suggester behind this idea but im not sure
if its been suggested b4 2003... lol

anyway heres the pics I put in my suggestion

the team rejected it, I think or just no comment

good luck for you, maybe if they like your nick they think about it rofl - J/K

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DT and myself will probably implement this eventually, maybe some type of alternate function of throw...

Best answers
heh well its confirmed folks. Soon we will be hurling folks instead of tossing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds good.. but i think it should be another animation of the throw.. i mean it gets really tiring looking at the same throw animation when someone is throwing.. i think if you start the throw, it would cost more ki to change into this type of throw.. how you would do it is while you're doing the throw, you start to swoop, then you'll grab them and swoop in the direction you double tap, be remember this will kind of be costly, you do the throw anim which takes up ki, the double tap of swoop which takes more ki.. but this throw would do more dmg if pulled off..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom