A thought

Best answers
This game should be made serpertly from half life, I want to play it soo bad, but I can't get half life and then download this.... This game needs to run by itself and not need half life and there will be sooo many more people that will join.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Life costs....what....$5 now on ebay?

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
True but not everyone can buy from ebay as not everyone has bank accounts (remember the average age here?) and may not have parents who will buy online for them. Also with half-life hardly being in any shops now.....and that using a second hand copy for steam could be a very bad idea.

EDIT:

I'm not saying it should be standalone but I'm just pointing out a couple of things.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yuramura said:
This game needs to run by itself and not need half life and there will be sooo many more people that will join.
Then just convince Valve to release the full source code to Half-Life. There's nothing the team can do as developers about needing Half-Life to play.

And honestly, it's not like Half-Life costs $50 anymore. And after you buy it, you not only get ESF, but a plethora of other great mods.

Yes. I used the word plethora.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, the team has no choice, and even if they did, would they really want to put the time in to build a game browser from the ground up as well? Get Steam, convince somebody to let you use their credit card. It's inexpensive, and it's all you can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom