A standard drawing?

Best answers
Okay I wont, thanks for telling.

Wangster, thats the whole freakin problem dude..

I mean like, some people say they cant draw, and they dont, and they cant.. and some people do draw, and they can.. so thats the thing that supports the practice end

although, you can see that people draw really different and that some people just draw so ****ty.. its just like.. well anyways at such a moment you know you MUST have a bit of feeling for it lol

and cuz my parents cant draw, they say you gotto have talent.. thats like saying someone else is a genius cuz he can spell a word better than you do.. just so you dont look that stupid lol

uhm, no offence to my paries =D

Although they might have a little point there, just a bit.. on the other hand, if you dont believe in yourself you cant do ****

There no obvious answer to it I think, but Id say that you need a little talent as key element, and then a ****load of practice to train yourself and learn new things, just like I said about that math nonsense

ey I just made an avatar, its 30 KB. before I started making it I could upload a pic of 64 KB, and now just 10 KB.. WTF

Okay I uploaded it to a server,

like that, and it thinks the url is invalid.. WTF dude

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the thing is u may mistake it as talent but it isnt..... imo a good artist knows how to look at the world in the correct way...... observation is the most important part....

wen u study in detail the things u observe, u may not understand why things are the way they are, why some shadows appear different tints and shades to others etc, where does the light on this object fall? well if u look at the world in a very detailed and always strive to include every little detail in ur work, u will be a better artist. Its all power of observation, then also the degree of control u have with ur pencil, and the ability u have to transfer proportions from the real world onto a page. I may also add, i think the best modelers will also be better drawers, because both rely on one priciple, which is power of observation, all u need to do is learn your tools correctly. anyway, as i say, the more u notice all the things in the world the way light works how perspective works, how things appear more important to others, colour theory contrast, etc, the better an artist u will become

Best answers
yea but I did this test once it was on albinoblacksheep

it said I used my.. whatever part of my brain which could explain that I was a visual mathemcialblalbal whatever. and it meant sometihng like you use your eyes the most (more than the general thing of 80% I guess.. whatever) and that I can do art and stuff.. and I like art a lot..

and a long time back I did some IQ tests, and one of them said I was a visual mathemavlaclalbna

The funny part is that not everyone is a visual.... thing.. Some people dont think in images, but in words.. in fact 9 out of 10.. hmm well maybe that doesnt really matter.. but I can understand that people who cant think in images have more trouble with the whole bunch of nonsense

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well we all think in words, because our phonatic memory is much better than any other type of memory, images are actually the hardest way of remembering things.... did u ever get a fone number and just have to look at it to remember it? no u translate it into words because your mind can understand that better.

Its not much to do with psychology, u basically have to train ur eyes, thats why u get better with practice u learn to notice stuff more, learn to seperate objects and put them together again with ur eyes. Its all just practice man, u keep at it, the better u will get.

Best answers
Well to be honest with you, it does exist.. I dont know the english word for it but it mostly is thought to be ADHD or whatever you guys call that hyper active "sickness"

Some people think in images, its hard to imagine, of course.. but yes I dont remember stuff in words, but in images, its easier to remember what you did, and what you said, but its harder to remember how you said it, specificly..

Like if I would say that a door is blue, and tomorrow you would ask me what did we talk about yesterday.. I could tell you that I said that I said that the door was red

I remember the conversation, what did we talk about, a door, and the colour of the door.. but you simply have problems with remembering something as specific as that.. phonenumers are kinda impossible.. I only know 1 phonenumer.. and its 250055, ever seen something easier than that before?

Well I dont really wanna argue about the thing, happened too many times already

although its quite easy to see whether you are an "image thinker" or not, what do you think when I say the word tree? Do you see a tree, feel something? Smell something maybe? Well if so, youre an image thinker

9 of the 10 would say I read the word "Tree"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
copyign an image is nothing more than drawing lines in a sequence. if u think about it like that u can literally draw almost anything.

as far as drawing anyone can draw, u dont exactly need talent for it, as long as u have been drawing for a long time, u just get better and better at it. some people have said once u stop drawing thats where your drawing skills will stay at forever.

i tend to agree with it, because i draw cartoony type stuff alot and ive gotten better at that but i can no longer draw serious type of art. the shading and real life proportions are just beyond me

Best answers
Oh god please let me sleep, this whole image thinker stuff goes through my head now.. about a year ago (not again) I had loads of problems with it, myself, school, and a community.... its like personal chaos and when you try to find help you wont get.. mostly bad feelings and stuff.. I shouldnt be saying this anways

I was thinking that you did prove something, you dont think in images, still you can draw so well.. My parents of course give me a lot of ideas, but you really convinced me that people dont need a talent to do something like drawing

oh yea, I wanted to say that my dad is an image thinker too, and when my sister and my mom tried to convince him that most people dont think in images (much like themselves) he was rather shocked, and tried to fight against it.. telling people that not every human thinks in the same way as you do can create a lot of chaos in yourself

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, it stil isnt talent if ur parents can't draw either nor its a gift, NO-ONE in my whole goddamn family can draw, but i can a lil ^^ cuz i practiced.... and practiced... thats end of discussion, there is nothing more to it, nothing less... its all in the mind... your WILL in acomplishing , in succeeding to build the desired skill you are aiming for, if your like pff, it wil come by itself,.. u wil always be stuck @ the level u R now, but with practice, u rise.

compare it with mario bros ^_^ when ur @ the middle of the level... and u stop there, and watch tv, dont expect to have beaten the level and got more " points " then you had. you have to do it yourself.

also, by knowing an image in your head, every detail of it, doesnt mean u can draw it. u have to learn your tools like david said.
like morpheus in the matrix :p
there is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to draw, just practice or get lessons. Certain people start off better, and sometimes a certain person is exceptional, however, if given the time for a persons mind to expand, and have to blossom and practice drawing, they will become average.

Stephen King said it best about writing, and it applies to alot of things.

You can't make an average drawer great, and you sure as hell can't make a great drawer exceptional (or a prodigy), however you can make bad drawers average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom