A standard drawing?

Best answers
I was just thinking, some people make a drawing thats like done perfectly and awesome

Although if you ask them to draw like another stand for lets say, that person he drew.. Well then they mostly fail at it

And they say they drew the drawing they made for you a billion times before.. but what do you guys think about something like that?

I can understand that you cant just draw dragons if you normally draw humans. But should an artist be able to draw in a "dynamic" way instead of the same static drawing all over?

Cuz sometimes I sit at a table with some friends and we start drawing stuff, and one person keeps drawing the same thing all over again the whole time

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u gotta learn structure, and u need to learn how things work, then when u have all the foundations, of lighting, form, anatomy, proportion and perspective all sorted out, u can start to really get some dynamic work going, to me it comes natural after so much pactice its just like, i put my pencil to the paper and let things flow, sumtimes i get stuck in a rut and i draw the same pose but different characters over and over while i doodle, but i try to workout different stuff while i do :]

Best answers
heh.. i've been trying to draw for a long time now.. but all i can do is copy an image. by looking at it and draw it on a new paper. some people tell me thats the way how you learn to draw but i dont really believe that. cuz im still not able to draw something nicely from my mind so i've quit the drawing for a while heh.

so ya i totally understand you. it's weird how people draw poses from their mind without having to practice it alot of times

i think you just need to draw over and over and over again till you can dream the human anatomy (or dragon anatomy =P)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sumtimes i have to practice doodling poses on another piece of paper, i have to get the porportions and posistions all correct before i put them down on paper sumtimes, because they arent so simple.... but the majority i can draw directly onto paper

Best answers
how long have you been drawing till you could finally draw something nice from your mind ?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive always been doing it, i dont like copying something unless im trying to pick up new techniques and effects, i never directly copied any dbz drawing... ever

Bolteh2

B
i got this little draing puppet (wodden puppet with proportions of a normal human) and i can shape that puppet to a realistic pose, then i just sketch the action line and buildup of that puppet on my paper and off i go

Best answers
Well about a year ago I had a girlfriend who drew a lot of manga stuffer... and that was really good, I mean it just looked great

Well one day, thats like one year ago, again, I just tried it.. cuz she showed me a website with some tutorials

I drew a hand, with that technique, it was my first drawing ever (uh you know) and it was kinda.. well.. really good. It didnt have any shading, and I was too afraid to ruin the thing.

Anyways, that gave me some trust in myself. I tried some face techniques and it worked out nicely, not that I really liked it. From time to time I drew something.

Half a year later I had about 15 drawings I guess.. maybe less.. just a hand full

I went to this new education which included drawing stuff. So I showed them what I had, and although it wasnt the best stuff ever made but I told them I didnt draw for such a long time and never really was into that stuff cuz I was alone, no one could draw like me. Some friends could draw some nifty stuff, but those were standard drawings.. thats kinda boring to talk about dont you think?

well, exactly 7 weeks ago my ed started.. and I started drawing as much and as good as possible. Before that I couldnt draw from my mind. and about 3 weeks later, I just knew I could draw from my mind. Just because I trained to keep one image in my head, and then drawing it, with many useless results.. but afterall my mind got that and now I use it a lot. Sometimes I see something outside, and keep the image in my head, then draw it without actually having to see the whole picture anymore

Thats how I learned it, and now Im learning human anatomy, this book is really gross, but it has some great stuff in it. and oh yea Im the only person in my class who draws realistic

Right now Im really into anatomics, and portrait drawing. what I do is look at all these pictures in the book. and in my head I can draw it, and it feels great. and I think Im gonna draw at school a bit, when I got some time cuz Im really busy.. and then I can apply my new knowledge.. and I hope itll be usefull..

to learn how to draw portraits I just look at people.. then draw them.. last time I did one without having to correct anything at all!

And I know why youre so good at copying, because thats what you trained on all the time!!

With copying, that guy or girl probably meant that you should copy some techniques and stuff like that.. like how the muscles look and stuff.. and shading

Best answers
I think you can't just learn to draw good out of your own imagination.
It's just a gift certain people have and others don't.

Best answers
Well someone that is intelligent doesnt have to be good at maths, he has to learn them first

I think you need some talent for it, but you gotto try to exploid it. if you just keep trying itll probably poor out some time, not if you keep copying, that isnt the right tutorial for learning how to keep an image in your head

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Drawing takes focus and practice, don't let anyone tell you it's a gift.

Best answers
Yea well thats a thing Ive been thinking about a lot with my parents, we always try to figure out stuff..

They say you need to have talent to draw

I say you have to believe in yourself, and that you need to practice a lot (cuz its not a movie)

Bolteh2

B
drawing isnt a gift, it can be developed.. best proof is on this forum.. dendza.. when he first showed his drawings (garbageman etc) he had a nice shading technique, but his drawingtechnique wasnt that great.. if you look at some of his latest drawings, you can see an obvious evolution.. and that in a years time

practice is the key.. when you have free time, start drawing..

Best answers
Yes ofcourse talent alone isn't enough.
You have to train yerself to be great. It's like that with all skills.
If you have talent you have the potential to be great but you may just be average.
And if you have no talent but work really hard you can't really become great, but you can still be very good. For drawing you have to have a mind that thinks in pictures.
It's all in the sort of brains you have, basically.

Best answers

well thats the first thing I drew, that hand

and this is one of the drawings I made in the begin, right now I see lots of mistakes but back then it was.. well average, and I thought it was really thin, right now I dont.. weird

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude, i wanna make it clear, I DO NOT COPY >_< damnit, i dont need to.

and yeah bolteh is right, look at Denza he kept at it and his work is fricken awesome right now. Your drawings are ok, but they lack depth and perspective, if i was u learn how to build on skelentons go to www.saveloomis.org ( i think) thats the best book i know of online.

Best answers
Dude, I was referring to GaZeeBo, not you. He said he copied a lot, cuz people said it would help.. and now he can only copy but not draw from his mind.

And if you read my previous texts, that was my first drawing.. Right now its a bit different lol

Best answers
and somehow I couldnt connect to the server, I wanted to edit that post with the drawings, that the last drawing didnt have perspective and they both dont have depth..

The depth part has to do with the shading, which I explained in the long reply I posted before the one with the pics

but I was thinking of posting them cuz theyre old and fun to look at.. its like I can spot so many mistakes, which tells me I learned.. I dont feel different than back then really, you know, as in who I am

Just look at that shoulder plate, it has that little shading thats kinda cool, like I tried it, with that as result lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
XilliaH said:
Yea well thats a thing Ive been thinking about a lot with my parents, we always try to figure out stuff..

They say you need to have talent to draw

I say you have to believe in yourself, and that you need to practice a lot (cuz its not a movie)
lol thats like the biggest bull**** ive every heard, i have the proof right here:
and i can asure you , i have never been drawing since 3 years ago,...@ that time i drew dbz, and dbz only, then just bull****, then my own stuff, is an example of bull****, and an example of my own stuff these days :) the bull**** is made like , a year ago or 14 months, something like that.
so PRACTICE is the key, not the gift, its a mental thing really , u cud draw once, c that u suck, and stop, or just draw, c that u suck, draw again and improve.
then:
http://members.lycos.nl/cl3rcx/Afbeelding%20022.jpg

now:
http://members.lycos.nl/cl3rcx/shotya.jpg

so eh,... no-one should believe that line right there, or is it stil the same q o_O :p

im NOT SAYING that i am good now, but i will if i keep practicing.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
XilliaH, I am going to have to ask you to stop dubble posting. It is not allowed on these forums. If you need to add something please use the edit button on your previous post.
It will become your new best friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom