a small dump...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well here's some stuff i draw wen im at college, doodles, crits all welcome, these arent really serious though, just stuff i do for fun >_< some are a month or 2 old the last one i did today. The superhero guy was an exercise i did with wangster >_<. for some reason the paper from college wrinkles slightly, thats why wen i scanned in some of these there are light inconsistancies without much reason, but eh, what can i do? :\

oh and the anatomy pic was purely from memory, and im still getting to grips with anatomy, so its full of mistakes >_< anyway, enjoy:

crits, comments all welcome

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry for double posting, but i had too many pics

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn... your skills are ****ing insane.

But, there are a couple proportion problems on the guy kicking and the guy slamming his fist.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks and yeah i get what you mean, they were trying out dramatic perspective, something i would really love to improve on, and i should start drawing girls >_< i really need to improve in those 2 area's along with enviroment skills, but im starting to feel it coming together a lot more recently, a few months ago i was in a complete rut, and all i drew looked completely wrong, so ive kept at it, and they seem to be getting better :]

Bolteh2

B
Hwoarang said:
Damn... your skills are ****ing insane.

But, there are a couple proportion problems on the guy kicking and the guy slamming his fist.

alot of great comicbook artists use that technique to express a hard action, optical illusion in a full scene

some nice pimping stuff here davidskiwan, alltho there are some slight errors like the chin of that superhero guy and the knee of that guy with the bat and the hat (^^)

i like them faces on the last drawing, gj!

Best answers
When i see ppl's drawings here i look down at them coz my friend is the best anime drawer ever. But those are mutha f-en brilliant.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm quoting Lid's post for him

Lid said:
Bolteh said:
alot of great comicbook artists use that technique to express a hard action, optical illusion in a full scene

some nice pimping stuff here davidskiwan, alltho there are some slight errors like the chin of that superhero guy and the knee of that guy with the bat and the hat (^^)

i like them faces on the last drawing, gj!
This reply will be deleted later but: Yes comic book artists use it as a form of perspective, but the perspective is screwd up. On the slamming fist look at the forearm that leads to the fist, it seems like he suffers from gigantism.

On the foot the problem with the perspective is his leg is far too long for the body, even using perspective. This isn't aided by the other leg being significantly shorter, and before you say "perspective" think about it laterally in your mind and stretch out the legs and they are significatnly different in size.

This also applie to the gun picture. The gun and hand suffer the same gigantism problem as the fist slamming image, especially the barrel.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why did it get deleted? its all correct, thanks for pointing out my mistakes Lid, thats why i post here, for critique, if i wanted constant praise i'd be on deviant art all the time. there are many mistakes im aware of and ones im not aware of, so all help is good :]. On that note, why dont people like letting me know exactly what they think? i want mr dommino to come in here he always gives excellent crits :\....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
damn...i wub your facial expressions...you are one of the best drawers ive seen..(you have the same skill as the people who create animes like Naruto and Bleach) good job and keep it up!

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
davidskiwan said:
why did it get deleted? its all correct, thanks for pointing out my mistakes Lid, thats why i post here, for critique, if i wanted constant praise i'd be on deviant art all the time. there are many mistakes im aware of and ones im not aware of, so all help is good :]. On that note, why dont people like letting me know exactly what they think? i want mr dommino to come in here he always gives excellent crits :\....
It is deleted because Lid must stay at exactly 0 posts.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
damn...i wub your facial expressions...you are one of the best drawers ive seen..(you have the same skill as the people who create animes like Naruto and Bleach) good job and keep it up!
lol im no where near that level of skill but thanks :]

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like David's style over others, because he captures pain like no artist I've ever seen.

He has this loose style, that you can associate a humble and poetic outlook to...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hwoarang said:
I like David's style over others, because he captures pain like no artist I'ver seen.

He has this loose style, that you can associate a humble and poetic outlook to...

wow.... thats the best thing anyones ever said to me about my drawing, thanks =O

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I came into this thread expecting poopies! where is the poopies!?

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice, VERY nice - love the way the action is portrayed.

Best answers
hey david,
nice stuff. however, i do think you should try facial variations.. i know that is hard.. cause i cant do it that well my self =/. i love your poses though.. really dynamic. i have been lurking through your threads for a while. keep it up!

Edit: when i say facial variation, i mean.. like try to change it drastically! i see two that are different =D but iuno.. they still resemble eachother!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tales said:
hey david,
nice stuff. however, i do think you should try facial variations.. i know that is hard.. cause i cant do it that well my self =/. i love your poses though.. really dynamic. i have been lurking through your threads for a while. keep it up!

Edit: when i say facial variation, i mean.. like try to change it drastically! i see two that are different =D but iuno.. they still resemble eachother!
i know exactly what you mean >_< and yeah, its really hard, thanks for the help :p, and it would be cool to see what you've been doing recently i love ur work :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom