A sad thing happend today

Best answers
I started esf and went looking for a server, so I hit update, nothing came up so I hit it again, still not one dang server, not even a crummy high ping one. I hope the beta will change this. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think for the beta to be a hit esf need to addvertive, pimp, give interviews ALOT about 2 or 3 weeks b4 its out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or when its close to bein finished give a pre-release to a few game mags and maybe theyll review it or at least put it in their mod section, saying "OUT SOON" or somethin like that

Best answers
why would it want to expose itself to funimation? that would be bad right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by The_SSJ
why would it want to expose itself to funimation? that would be bad right?
:S they cannot do **** to this mod, valve has said "ppl can make a mod basiced on whatever they like, as long as its justa mod and they dont make money from it"

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how is a mod gonna stop funimation from dubbing dbz

i hope esforces is really bloody and funimation can't DO ****

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what hes thinking of is copyright infringement but that would only happen if the ESF team were makin money from the mod, cus if they were makin money from it say funi had a game of their own ESF would then be decreasing profits and even if funi didnt have a game of their own and ESF was makin money funi would want in on the profit

Best answers
yeah, remember bid for power? why do you think its changed so much..

that little small c is the reason. so im glad there is barely any people, just means esf will stay alive even longer.

dmz on the other hand, i saw a grip of servers, they are promoting too much..

dragon ball mods have to stay underground if they want to live, esf knows that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by dark-prince
yeah, remember bid for power? why do you think its changed so much..

that little small c is the reason. so im glad there is barely any people, just means esf will stay alive even longer.

dmz on the other hand, i saw a grip of servers, they are promoting too much..

dragon ball mods have to stay underground if they want to live, esf knows that

:S u dont know crap, funi cannot do anything to dmz or esf, cos of valve, bfp is a mod for quake 3 so valve cannot stop funi from doing anythign to them, tats why they had to shut down or not make a dbz verson anymore, and they where trying to sell it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
rzn y most playaz cant host is cuz of firewallz and stuff like dat

Best answers
I think if Funimation did find out about DMZ or ESF they could shut them down or buy them out, even if they werent making money. I dont think ValVe will do alot for such a small little operation like ESF or DMZ. Bid For Power just got too realistic to DBZ is what i hear with their story mode or some sheist like that so that is why Funimation sued them, or threatend them at least. I think this is how things conspired, i dont think Valve or any partner of Sierra would waste money on trying to save such a small operation as ESF, especially against a large Japanese Corperaton. Valve would see this as a business opertunity and try and make a deal with Funimation to use their engine for thier **** and they would make an even better mod but then it would be way more popular than ESF, DMZ, or BFP becuase there would be sooo much advertisement. I think the custom character that they are putting in is just the start of making a future non-DBZ based mod so they can put it on the market. This is all just my opinion and limited resources of knowlege, I will accept any flame and corrections in this. I just think it is better for ESF, DMZ and other mods as such to just stay low the way they are, i think DMZ knows the limits of their advertising and knows when to stop so Funimation doesnt attack them. Just my opinion. I hope this opens a wide debate, cuz i like debates, but not some of the mindless babble debates that go on here like how the SSJ succecion goes or stupid **** like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
could we get someone in here that know about like all legal ****

ok the team members are bound to know something about this

Best answers
Ok I think I know a fair bit on this because it was a reason why I decided to shut down TFB.

1. I don't think Valve actually has some overiding contract that makes all other copyrights that other componies hold void when dealing with the Half-Life engine other wise anyone could do this to protect themselves from copyright infringment which defeats the purpose of copyright.

2. BFP firstly asked persmission, then Funi asked them to make it on some crappy Flash type egnine, BFP then declined that offer, then some more **** happened which I can't be bother explaining, long story short they removed all evidence of DBZ eg. names and images, hence BFP as we know it today.

3. Funimation can justify their reasons to shut down a non-profit mod because they are producing their own DBZ games and a free mod would take away their sales which means the non-profit mod in away is taking money out of their pockets, which Funi dosent like at all.

Anything else need some clearing up? Oh BTW that thing DMZ has before you enter their site is BS, it couldn't even stop a mentally challenged chimp from contacting the "owners" of DMZ.

[EDIT] 4. Trying to contact anyone in Funimation is like trying to push sh*t up a mountain, it takes a few months to just get a small reply about who to properlly contact from them.

Best answers
aslong as ESF doesnt do wat it did before asking for people to give money we really can be hurt

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah but those we voluntary donations and not complusery. i think thats a distinct difference between making money and being givin it.

BrunO

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And those donations are mainly for the operation of these forums. They are quite expensive to keep running.

Best answers
I knew 2 servers, 1 ZVDk 1 demonleague. Both dutch and low ping.

But also both had weird beta problems, after a while some were fix, but it was still team game ( that sux cause you can't see clearly who's in your team ) and when you jumped you jumped so high you gained damage :|.

Those server are taken down again till beta 1 released, hope there will be no problems then.

Best answers
AMEN MICKELS!!! Well done, good show.
Not alot of legal Mumbo Jumbo, streight to the point. Short and sweet, gramatical errors where you should be slapped but nicely put anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom