A Penalty While Jumping

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally I'm getting sick and tired of people abusing the new hit detection by jumping up and down while charging up and firing beams, making them damn hard to hit. It shouldn't be so hard to hit somebody that isn't even flying, but it is, and it's stupid to have to swoop at somebody 10 times while they charge up a kame because they're jumping randomly around. I want to impose some kind of charge penalty while jumping so that the attacks either charge more slowly or not at all. Nobody needs to jump up in the air and fire a generic beam while they're falling out of the sky; nobody did that on the show, and it's stupid.

I'm not sure how melee detection is going to change with the new system in 1.2 but if it still requires you to get close to somebody the jumping thing will still be an issue. I say do something about it.

Orz

Best answers
Could it be solved merely by disabling jump while a beam is being charged? That seems to be fairly logical, and I can't think of any way it would interfere with other, less frustrating 'techniques'. You'd still be able to drop out of the sky mid-charge for some mobility, but you wouldn't be able to instantly leap back up and down again, throwing off swoopers.

Then again, some could say that it's just another strategy of the game. The Way of the Mad Jumper, I suppose. Just because it's annoying and cheap doesn't mean some people won't defend it because it's 'just another way of playing'.

Best answers
OK, Sonic Boyster, if that happened, why bother moving on the ground when you could be flying?

FLYING PROS:Free movement, able to use melee.
FLYING CONS:Slow movement, drains Ki
WALKING PROS: Fast movement, able to jump
WALKING CONS: Melee disabled, jumping drains Ki

Explain to me how this is unbalanced? Its not. The fact that someone decided to walk, making it harder for you to smash them with melee, you are mad.

Best answers
yeah this topic is kinda stupid, i find it very easy to hit people if they are jupming around like mad with melee since they get a pattern to their jumps and i can correct for that. if that fails just throw some ki blasts at them and teleport away when they fire their kame and come back and hit them when they are standing there helpless holding on to the beam they just fired.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I'm sure... try hitting me the next time you see me. I'll demonstrate.

Jumping is ****ed up right now because of the hit detection. Unless your opponent has no idea what he is doing it will not be easy to hit while he's jumping around, it just wont happen. He'll dodge you long enough to fire his kame into the ground, beam jump, and detonate it. Keep in mind that you can jump different heights and different speeds. If you make it random people cannot hit you. With the new hit detection you have to aim for exactly the right spot and you usually will not have enough time if he is making small jumps.

Best answers
to make it even worse....if he is only evading melee the minute your 2 incehs away from bashing him with melee,*poof*

I can demonstrate how hard it is to hit someone jumping around alot but my new isnt here yet....i was one of those 'turbo-abuser' that got flamed by a melee n00b hehe ^^;

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And it is DAMN easy to just jump around and throw out a generic beam every 1.5 jumps. Causes extreme havoc especially after you transform. Quick to charge and nearly impossible to hit the guy. I've tried it.

Best answers
You have to look at it this way if you were on the ground charging a beam and couldn't jump wouldn't you be mad every time someone slammed down on you, every time cause they took away jump when your charging a beam on the ground.... would a Z warrior let a man come down and crush there face with the heel of his boot just because he didn’t want to be cheap and jump out of the way of it cause he thought it was ***....... now I understand what your saying about people abusing the power to jump but there is nothing you really can do about it sorry dude.:(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, it's not hard to hit someone while they're jumping around, and if it is for you, then stop meleeing them and wait for a better opportunity. Disabling jump while chrging a beam would be rediculous, makes you way too vulnerable. That would just overpower melee. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to jump while charging a beam, seeing as most characters in th dbz series, start charging their beams, then rocket up into the sky to hammer their opponent.

Best answers
And disabling jumping would do nothing, for then they could just beam jump up...

Master Asia

M
Yea this post is pretty lame lol.
Jumping is A-Ok the way it is right now and i wouldnt have it any other way. I have no problem with people jumpin like that.

Try n hold your mouse2 and just turbo at them and ud knock the sh1t out of them in mid air when you get near enuff or better yet teleport around them and them ur in the face while they r in mid air jumping then theyd get smashed somewhere else lol.

Best answers
Originally posted by Master Asia
Yea this post is pretty lame lol.
Jumping is A-Ok the way it is right now and i wouldnt have it any other way. I have no problem with people jumpin like that.

i'm with u on this.
You know in dbz, the thing this is based off....how often do they attually get hit? and how often do they attually jump or dodge?

hitting them isn't supose to be easy, if it were, everyone would do it, and what kind of super saiyan would that be? - lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What i dont understand is that you could easily just come from above and if they jump, they'll just jump into your attack, heh.

Master Asia

M
Thats what im saying lol.
Btw this is off topic but I love how people block my melee and try to stay block and not teleport/move out the way or attack back and just stay blocked. I teleport back and swoop again, they block, i teleport back n swoop again. Dmg adds up and they die lol.

Best answers
If you cant jump when you charge a beam then the beam will explode instantly when you let it go and you're standing on the ground. I don't know why the beams do it, but if you're on the ground and you let a beam go it will explode instantly. It SUXS. So you need to be able to jump while charging a beam.

I like being able to jump around on the ground with turbo on. It adds more spice to the game and is a good way to get away if you are running out of Ki.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by catfish
If you cant jump when you charge a beam then the beam will explode instantly when you let it go and you're standing on the ground. I don't know why the beams do it, but if you're on the ground and you let a beam go it will explode instantly. It SUXS. So you need to be able to jump while charging a beam.

I like being able to jump around on the ground with turbo on. It adds more spice to the game and is a good way to get away if you are running out of Ki.
That's a good point, even though it only happens on a few maps, like city, which is one of my favorites. helpful for the moments when someone blasts you to the ground while you're charging a beam, and you know if you fire it its just going to blow up in your face. most maps dont have that problem though.

Best answers
I know exactly what Sonic is talking about, and it is DAMN annoying. The best way to get around it is either charge a strong beam and blast them or get above them with teleport, wait for them to jump, and start swooping when they are about to get to the apex of the jump. At the apex, they slow down a lot, best time to nail them. Another good tactic is to drop to the ground, hit turbo, and follow them as they jump, and try to position yourself right under them as they fall. Easy to counter with a beam, but it will surprise them. Hell, a well aimed and fully charged kienzan will take them out easy.

I don't think there should be a jump penalty. There are plently of counters to this, as opposed to block-counters, where if you weren't a character with a laser attack getting around it was nearly impossible.

Best answers
LOL some1 was doing that jumping thing to me, i was in form 2(a lot more faster). Anyways he thought he was slick so he started doing the jumping bit. I put on turbo ran after him and jumped with him and BAM! He got smashed back down to the floor n kiblobbed him to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom