A new exploit...swoop+tele with no break

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if anyone else has seen this but I have in five separate servers already come across some guys who are able to teleport fairly seemlessly from a swoop and resume the swoop again seemlessly from the teleport, cause them to have a sort of infinite super swoop.

In one case, a guy was using transformed Buu so his PL was pretty high, which allowed him to use this technique for the duration of the fight.

I'll post more in depth later, I have company.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it was only a good fighter ...
you can stop your swooping with pressing left mouse again ... then teleport and press left mouse again ...
I think he really was fast ... and you coun't see that he did it manually

Best answers
I use that stuff all the time, if some pussy is blocking all the time. I just swoop and stop in front of him, teleport behind him and hit him in the back.

It's not a exploit or a bug, it's just another feature of ESF.
If someone is doing this stuff, just watch your back or teleport away.

Best answers
yeah, either they are good at it, or maybe using a script o_O but most likely they are good players and that's all

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not easy to do but you can figure it out. I do it pretty consistently. It's one of those things that you have to learn, and then it stays with you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey all. Sorry about not giving the specifics, I had an ex-girlfriend over last night, and you know girls and games are natural predators of one another. lol

I would be inclined to agree with you guys if it was just really fast (like the instant counter, which I approve of, as opposed to the pre-emptive counter which I feel is horrible), but when I fought that Buu guy...I fought him for a good 5-10 minutes, and the ENTIRE FIGHT he was swooping, there was literally no stop at all, no window of opportunity to attack, since he was flying everywhere at swooping speed. ANd despite fairly consistent teleporting, he didn't need to charge almost at all with each time that I fought him. In fact, I didn't see him charge up until I was finally dead. He said that he'd "extended" his swoop with some trick.

I'm aware of the stop+teleport technique, I use it too, but this must have been some kind of a script or bind, it was...being done too easily and too consistently.

I am the type of player who, when I get beat by a good player who used a good technique, I actually enjoy the fight just the same. But this didn't seem like a technique. He pulled it off effortlessly every single time, with no mistakes or slowdown or even charging. Like I said, it was like he extended his first swoop somehow, and only lost the ki for the one initial swoop. Even a Buu player could not have teleported as much as he did and swooped as much as he did (I mean, the WHOLE FIGHT, NON-STOP). When he transformed, it was a bit more believable, but I fought him at close to base PL too, and it was just not feasible at all.

It wasn't that he would stop and teleport, he even said himself "i just found a way to extend swoop time." Not literally in the code of course; but wouldn't it be pretty easy to bind an extra key to perform the action that clicking mouse one, and then holding forward and pressing teleport does? That must have been what he was using cause I'm telling you, it was completely effortless. But that STILL doesn't explain the lack of charge time.

The teleporting while swooping wasn't the issue though. It's the fact that the one particular guy I fought used this technique to somehow continuously swoop for the entire fight...and as I recall he didn't stop to recharge. Even with the teleporting.

I would also see him many times swooping to travel across the map quickly, then get into a fight while in the same initial swoop, without stopping, but he'd occasionally teleport.

Must be a bind, I guess. Sucks that people have to play like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can teleport 6 times is normal form
maybe he charged very fast behind you

train more, increase your sensitivity and fight him again

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, you can teleport six times in normal form then your empty, right? Buu's PL at base is higher, so we'll say he can teleport eight times. While this is all true, he did it constantly WHILE SWOOPING (which also take some ki). I also watched him fight a few times; he didn't stop to recharge at all during the fights, and he was entirely swooping for almost the whole time I saw him on my screen. His swoop also didn't stop, either. it was as if he was using the teleports to maintain a continuous single swoop.

I just wanted to bring up the concern here for the team to be aware of though.

It just sucked: it's hard to avoid fighting a player when he is able to use a single swoop and multiply it's active time by teleporting somehow, because he just covered so much more ground than anyone else in the server. I couldn't get him off me.

But like usual, I suppose I'll learn to counter this type of player.

I pride myself on winning battles with people using BS techniques anyway. Heh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope ... Buu can teleport 6 times, too ... maybe his base KI is higher ... but the teleport sucks more KI then ... he's only faster and stronger
are you sure that it was a ordinary player ??? because KIBots (from "Me" (not me (Nretep))) have unlimited KI

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by Nretep
nope ... Buu can transform 6 times, too ... maybe his base KI is higher ... but the teleport sucks more KI then ... he's only faster and stronger
are you sure that it was a ordinary player ??? because KIBots (from "Me" (not me (Nretep))) have unlimited KI
sigh they don't have they just power up on moments when a normal player can't or do it very fast(you don't see it then), i've tested this and its fixed they power up normally now for the new version :)

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Nretep

if the bots have infinite ki then why do the bots sotp punping ki into their beams after a while in a power seruggle? or are the bots just coded to stop arter a while.;/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
because tese bots aren't full version, too
they have a few other bugs ...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by Majin Prince
if the bots have infinite ki then why do the bots sotp punping ki into their beams after a while in a power seruggle? or are the bots just coded to stop arter a while.;/
No they aren't coded to stop after a while :\
They stop because they don't have ki left like every player

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but they can teleport with unlimited KI, don't they ???
I saw them teleporting 5 times and then charging a full KHH ...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well for what it's worth the kid I saw wasn't a bot--he talked to me, and bragged about how he could make his first swoop last the whole fight.

Whatever it was though I've found my own ways of countering. And either way the teleporting still drains him sooner or later and the swoop stops anyhow...and at that point, he'd be completely vulnerable. >:0)

Best answers
nevermind teleporting u can get a good 4 - 6 hit meelee combo in! its not cheating at all, its knowing how to exploit the teleport and what to do.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you even read the thread? We're not talking about combos, we're talking about a kid who apparently never runs out of ki.

Saiyan, do you have a name for us? Any way that I could find him while playing and see what you mean?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you'd asked me like three weeks ago when it happened, I would remember...but my mind has been preoccupied with other issues. If I ever run into someone else doing it, I'll take a screen (I crashed out last time...been dabbling with my graphics, you know how it is).

I don't think he never ran out of ki, but he seemed to be able to swoop for the entire time I was fighting him without stopping to charge until I was dead. Seemed suspicious, was all.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Was that all? I can do that... it's not easy but you can keep swooping until you run out of ki. You just have to time your clicks. It's actually easier to do with lag.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'm not THAT bad of a player, when my machine isn't giving me grief (my 9700 Pro doesn't get along with half life some days, oddly enough). So when I say "swoop the whole time we fought" I mean literally swooping the entire time we fought...which, as i stated earlier, was at least a good full five to ten minutes or so.

Either way, I've been playing a lot lately, and haven't seen anyone else do this "tactic" in combat. So I guess for now we can let it go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom