a mousewheel problem

Best answers
whenever i use the mousewheel to change abilities in esf, it will skip over some of them for some reason. if i use the keyboard to change weapons, its fine, but not with the wheel. can anybody who has had a similar problem help me? thanks.

Best answers
its probably just your mouse or you scroll it to fast

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually I have the same problem and it has nothing to do with the speed of the scroll. I think it is just a glitch with the mouse. What mouse are you using. I am using a Microsoft Intellimouse explorer.

Best answers
is it a smooth mousewheel or a noisy mousewheel?

Apparently I tried a smooth mousewheel and it skipped through it,but now I use the mousewheel which makes clicking sounds and it works.....it's weird though,I though all mousewheels were the same....

Best answers
I'm using a logitech mouse, my old crappy one with a ball in it didnt have this problem, but the lazer one is so much better.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mine makes the clicking noise and still skips... It is not a big problem for me anymore but all I can say is you just have to get used to it and live with it. Considering all the moves are right above where you finugres are if you use the WASD movement.

Best answers
Originally posted by cvieor
I'm using a logitech mouse, my old crappy one with a ball in it didnt have this problem, but the lazer one is so much better.
Your using the same mouse as me!

Best answers
Originally posted by Glenn
Your using the same mouse as me!
What does that have to do with anything? please do not spam, if you cannot help in anyway dont post

*meant Spam not Flame*

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by XsilentlyXdiesX
What does that have to do with anything? please do not flame, if you cannot help in anyway dont post
Well I definatly would not consider that "Flaming". If it is at all anything false, then it is Spam. I also dont think he meant at all to offend you, he was merely stating that he has the same mouse as you.

And I think the problem is just due to the mouse scroll settings put in place by the manufacturer. So there is really no way i know of to fix it.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know for sure, but maybe its the way you have your mouse settings. Some mice are set to scroll down 3 lines instead of just 1. Usually the setting affects only Windows or whatever OS you use, but sometimes it also will count just 1 scroll as 3 in games and other applications...

So try going into the mouse options from control panel (assuming you have windows) and try to set its scrolling to 1 line at a time.

Only advice I can really give.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Miroku
I dont know for sure, but maybe its the way you have your mouse settings. Some mice are set to scroll down 3 lines instead of just 1. Usually the setting affects only Windows or whatever OS you use, but sometimes it also will count just 1 scroll as 3 in games and other applications...

So try going into the mouse options from control panel (assuming you have windows) and try to set its scrolling to 1 line at a time.

Only advice I can really give.
That is not true. I changed it to one and it still skips... It is only a little thing with esf. Everyother mod/game does not have this problem. I think it is just alittle glitch when installing it or something.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm... Then I was wrong. Oh well at least you guy still get the numbers. They can be more useful if you know which attack you want right away and have fast fingers.

Best answers
yeah, i had an outdated version of MouseWare, 9.70, so i just downloaded 9.75 and it works fine. thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom