• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ahhh sorry i was looking at earlyer pictures of the mesh... but anyway, why does the texture cut off so suddenly? o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm damm brazil renders (im assuming its that)..makes the model looks way better

well model is looking good, how are you planning to do the hair?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it doesnt look very accurate with the meshsmooth... you need to learn how to adjust the mesh after smoothing so it still looks human. theres a lot of things that are weird at the moment, the eyes being the main concern. and the ears are too long as well.

Best answers
Can I get a drawover on things that concern you? I actually plan on finishing this model :p ive started skinning, just basic outline though, nuthings far enuff where ican adjust to a edited mesh.

Best answers
sniper i don't think that is brazil,...doesn't really look like it,...(i could be wrong)

Ethereal,...since you dont' seem to have much of a poly limit right now,..you might wann just add some more detail,...ie the ear,...lips,..better nostrils

Best answers
ok here is your drawover lol i had to do 1.

and this was for fun :p

*ANY 1 WANNA BRADE MY HAIR????????*

Best answers
dale_22x said:
sniper i don't think that is brazil,...doesn't really look like it,...(i could be wrong)

Ethereal,...since you dont' seem to have much of a poly limit right now,..you might wann just add some more detail,...ie the ear,...lips,..better nostrils
Good call. sounds like a plan :) Im pretty content with the ears...but id like to shape the lips a little and curve in the nostrels and fix up the way the inner nostril looks.

And your right, its not brazil, it's max, Enix did it for me. ;o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh in that case i must learn how to make renders.. but im only using 5 right now so i really dont know if i could do it myself =P

anyway i think you should raise the check bonez up like in volosity's drawover

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ja...err..i made a drawover aswell, im in that sort of mood i guess...

Best answers
I havent had a chance to detail yet or work on any of the crits. So to hold y'all over till i can work tommoro, i hosted some images i had from earlier.

Before anyone replys....

-Lips arent skinned
-Only face and ears were mapped, just so i could get started on the skin, NUTHING ELSE IS MAPPED RIGHT. It was a quicky to get an outline and start till i get my n ew gfx card. (story short: cant map till i get my gfx card replaced, i was lucky to get just that done)
-No details in skin yet, just getting base laid out, its only monocromatic right now, no detail, nuthing is in yet, so no need to tell me that specifically. Rather put in your suggestions for what youd like to see in the real skin. This is just really basic shading, me messing around, DONT TAKE IT AS THE REAL SKIN lol. Geeze. Sorry I can just hear people complainin now about the skin when im just posting for fun. So keep it in mind!

Best answers
Dont think ive posted in a while, oh well. The wings lighting is hiding the texture on the model. 100% illum = teh win

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From the look at your uv map there's going to be a lot of distortion on the side of his face. The skin dunno what to say yet since there's hardly any detail, but at this point specially when i'm going for a more realistic skin i like to start working on color variation to get a good blend of colors going :). Maybe take that in mind lol.

Hit me up on msn and i'll explain to you a little better.

Best answers
Ill see what i can do :p If not, max render for teh win o/

And where you been on an unrelated note? Havent seen you on msn in...ages. You and Gir, but i know why i dont see gir on. (been teh blocked :p) Your the only person on when im up at 6 am, get back to being on msn boi!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why have you started skinning an unfinnished model? the ears still dont even look human, and he has no lower eyelids, and only half an upper eye lid. tek is right about teh skinmap, the sides of the head will be very distorted, and you shouldnt have disconnected the lips. it wouldnt have hurt to mirror the ear map either... since the character is bald, you shouldnt make the back of the head so small on the map, you should be adding detail there too. otherwise your gonna have all this detail at the front and then....wham, blank texture!

i suggest looking on the www.poopinmymouth.com ear tutorial section, and then on http://home.comcast.net/~dpattenden/ that page for his high poly modeling and texturing tutorial.

Best answers
Because having a base wont matter wheterh i fix the ears nose and all that, the skin map will be near identical, making very little change. o_O And i didnt detach the lips. Auto UV did that :S

But Ill check it all out and see what i can do...I gotta wait till ig et my new card, and when I do get the card I have to finish a project for NEI so most likely i wont be able to post updates till the weekend.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate the way you skinmapped it. I would suggest you do a wrap around for the head, like [ front of the face here][wraps around to back]. Mapping just the front is a bad idea, that will never pan out. Errr...also, i would even suggest unwrapping it in lithunwrap if you have to, wings doesn't seem to have a great mapping utility.

One more thing i see that is wierd, is this is a highpoly mesh, why doesn't he have an open mouth? the lips are welded together, thats just not a good idea, I think you should add the inside of the mouth, makes it look alot better. Errr...thats really all i can think of for now, cause you dont seem to want to change the model it self :\.

Best answers
Well i saved it before the mesh. So i could go in and give him a mouth. Just my welded lips usually look better so i kept it simple.

And yea it was a quicky map :p Cuz i cant map right now, i can only drag my mouse over the area and hope it maps right, my vid card ****s up wings too much. I cant see what im doing exactly when selecing things. When i get my new card tommoro, I will actually take my time and map right, dont worry. Once again this is just a fun preview, its not how it will be :p But i think ill go in and take these crits on the un meshsmoothed, keep posting on that before i take it back to mesh. So ill be posting alot of minor updates so i hope you all keep posting so i can get it to majoritys satisfaction.

Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
why have you started skinning an unfinnished model?
lots of people like to skin there models unfinished, iam pretty sure smo does it as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom