Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't know

• Total voters
Best answers
:p

I havent really had time to post here. But! Ive been workin on this for awhile. I used me as reference, though i dont think im going to keep it as me. Its open for now, but it could go anywhere from this point. I dont plan on puttin this ingame anywhere so ive been loose with polys. Bad habbit of mine :p The flow is a bit weird cuz of wings....Im signing up for these 3Dmax intro thing at Akron University, im really considering spending my money on max and convertin, wings you gotta sort of use a weird flow to get the shading to look good in the work space. I really think with the smoothing options in max, i could turn this into one of my best. But anyway. Here's what i got so far! Comments are welcome, but its first model ive posted in a long while so. Be gentle. :p

Btw. I didnt mean to steal the idea from GIr :p I didnt know he posted a model of himself.....but credit to gir for the idea anyway!

Heres sum images of moi for reference.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you need to learn your edge loops.

Best answers
and ur forhead on tehe model don't match ur head yours is a \ and the models is doing this monuvor |

Best answers
I can handle that...I hope ^_^ Ive spent so much time on it already, might as well take the time to make sure its done right.

Ill get it up hopefully by tonite. *crawls in fetal position till then*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ja, learn ur edge loops son ;o. And errr...the flow is really messy, me no like ;o.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
you need to learn your edge loops.
Bingo!!

Also the face looks a bit flat from the side :(

Best answers
Thanks...I actually am having success with the flow now! From the looks of it, it looked to the point of i should just restart. But sumhow, im doing fairly well turning to flow into more of your examples :) Its a bummer its not as good as it could be, but least im gettin actual usefull stuff (specially the examples, there helping alot. Seriously thanks a bunch....flow has always been sumthing i mess up on, and im noticing a huge difference in appearance just from flow. :) Well hey least its a big deal to me :p )

edit- an hour later and im gettin excited! Haha. ****. I should of learned proper poly flow a long time ago, my work seems 100 times more proffesional. Thanks again all who commented haha. Sorry. I seem weird. but im just excited :p

Aight I still have alot to do with flow and form, an di havent even put in his eyeballs. But. Ive been at it for awhile now so figured good time to post progress.

Edit: no ones replying...-__-

Anywho. Heres an update...and a mesh smooth preview just cuz...I could?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
awesome update man, much more like yourself =] only crit would be to lengthen the face vertically =0

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and it doesnt match the ref behind it...

Best answers
And I dont really want it to. ^_^" Im keeping him bald and am going to go game character with it. Im pretty much done with the reference of me ^_^" Ill keep the file seperate at this point so i can go back and turn it more to me whenever i feel like it ^_^:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wasnt talking about the baldness, i was talking about the features o_O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gir is now a super model :shocked: , that's good for a human adaptation of some1

Best answers
Thats what i mean too o_O The overall shape of my head, specially jaw and eyes, isnt like me, and im not going to form it to be me ^_^" Uhhh. Guess best way to put it is, at this point im only a reference for basic placement and proportions, other then that it doesnt have anything to do with me anymore ^_^ I might go back and try to get it accurate to me as close as possible, but for now i see a good potential for a character that would end up lookin better if i take creative direction with it then trying to mold it to e me ^_^"

thanks for the comments...this is probably my most popular topic sadly XD Keep the comments rolling and ill keep the update rollin with it. Im not sure if i should finish up the head and neck and go for a skin map, or push my luck and continue the model with an upperbody.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i understand what you meant, the only problem is, you cant use it as a basic guide for proportions, as your features are only proportional to YOU. yes its true your head, like everyone elses, is 5 eyes wide, and your ears are the same size as from the top of your eyes as to the bottom of your nose, just like everyone elses. but at the same time, all the subtle differences which make a face, a face, belong only to you in those references. the best thing you could do, is use those photos to draw a different head, with different subtleties, and use that as a basis.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
i understand what you meant, the only problem is, you cant use it as a basic guide for proportions, as your features are only proportional to YOU. yes its true your head, like everyone elses, is 5 eyes wide, and your ears are the same size as from the top of your eyes as to the bottom of your nose, just like everyone elses. but at the same time, all the subtle differences which make a face, a face, belong only to you in those references. the best thing you could do, is use those photos to draw a different head, with different subtleties, and use that as a basis.
Why cant he? You did it with your ref, the proportions for your jedi model weren't anything like your real life proportions. He can do whatever he wants with his model, if he wants to make himself bald and fat then kudos to him. Maybe he his new and is learning where to align the different features of the head but wants to expand on it.

Best answers
Right. Im leaned up his face a little. Been workin the eyelids and such. Heres a mesh preview again the start of skinnin, startin with the eyes.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
crits on the model, the whole of his face needs to be brought forward. right now it looks like he spent his first 6 months of life smashing his face into a wall.

you shouldnt have modeled the eyes as part of the head mesh, its made that texture look strange, and also, the texture doesnt line up properly, just a small geosphere for the eyes would have been much better. www.poopinmymouth.com has a great eye making tutorial.

Best answers
The eyes are a geosphere, there seperate from the mesh....o_O But i will work on giving his face more depth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom