A GOOD MAP IDEA WITH BASES!!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ok i thought of a good map

it will have 2 bases one for good team one for evil and there caves u only start in ur team cave and to stop spawn killing there is an invisble wall that blocks out all attacks and melee like it does with gohans sheild just like that so u dont get spawn killed u can leave the cave but once u do u will be killed u cant fire attacks from inside to kill who ever is waiting for u. there is a lil lake like in river side with 2 bridges senso beans some where in an unknown location but u will find them there at some trees 2 mountains and a cliff sorta like a canyon and u can go down there if u are buu to regen and if u also leave ur team cave u can not go back from out side or shoot in there :D hope u like it :laff:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why don't j00 do it urself. Tis way to complicated, and some stuff is not making much sense. Next time, think out your entire idea, and/or make a drawing to clear some things out.

Best answers
You have to use better puncuation... For the spawn killing thing, it is possible to block people out and you can't see it but, it will also block you out.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
nonon lol i ment that enemys that get to ur base and spawn kill u when u spawn. it will be blocked off like gohans sheild so nothing can go in like a beam and no one can come in u can only exit it and once u do u cant come back and u cant shoot beams from the inside or it will hurt u

Best answers
That's not possible in the half life engine. If one person can't get in, well you can't get in either.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
lol dude, please listen and read it if u dun understand i said
perfictly and clearly U CAN ONLY EXIT UR BASE U CAN GO BACK IN OR SHOOT OUT OFF OR GET DAMGED UNTILL U LEAVE IT

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AND HE SAID THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE, IN THE HL-ENGINE. I"M A MAPPER SO I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would require extra coding beyond what already exists.
There's no way you can do that currently...

Bolteh2

B
oh that is perfectly doable, mister mastermapper

the idea of once out -> cant get in = possible
the idea of not being able to shoot beyond that "shield" = perfectly doable

i like this idea actually, you can do it like, 1 team has 1 dragonball. the other team has the 2nd dragonball, the other 5 balls are scattered around the midmap, than the team who gets all the balls can do a wish (unfortunatly, db mode is only possible in dm, so u cant make wishes for the whole team)

only thing that would be a pain in the ass is to keep te map playable (lets of entity scripting for the shield concept) and lots of wpoly for the cave idea

ps: evil goku, next time write with reading marks (. , ! ? etc), its kinda hard to see what ur trying to say

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
lol ok
but ive done this, post a while back and i got a few people on it and they all a,greed im going to make it and test it out if it works, and it doesnt lag server, then ill post it to all admins and makers.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
necro0 said:
That's not possible in the half life engine. If one person can't get in, well you can't get in either.
It is possible with Half-Life, but it would require coding. This has not been added to the ESF engine. I have seen it done with a few modifications a long time ago.

Bolteh2

B
you guys should try and think more, not just: "hl cant do it", hl engine (for mapping) is pro at bypassing problems i see different possibilities:

1) you have the shield mapped, with a generic texture on it (moving like a shield in dbz would look like) on the inside of that shield (spawn) u put a teleport entity (dont ask the name cuz i have no ****ing idea on how those entities are called) and on the outside u put a teleport_destination thingy so when u spawn, fly to the shield, u get close to the edge of the shield -> teleport to the outside (offource not a huge distance between teleport and destination)

2) possibility is somewhat of a shield lowering system, when some1 flies out, the should goes down and ppl can get out, but than again, other ppl can also fly in during that time. heres how it works: on the inside i put a trigger_multiple just in front of the shield edge, when a player triggers that trigger (duh) the shield opens up for like 5 secs or something depends in how big it is/time to fly through, distance etc) and after that it closed. how this works? make the shield a func_door, with speed like maximum (veryveryvery fast) than the player flies beyond it, and after that time the door closes. the trigger multiple targets the door, so when that trigger gets touched, the door opens, and when the player is outside the shield, the shield closes again and players cant fire beams at the spawn (shield blacks hem cuz its solid brush)

boh, so all u kickass mappers with the "hl cant handle, or it needs to be coded in,..." thingies, think before u act, hl mapping is easy to bypass

-edit* k, ive been thinking:for the door thingy, instead of lowering the shield after like 5 secs, do this -> outside the shields there is another trigger_multiple targeted at the door, so when that gets triggered, the door (shield) goes down again...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
yes exactly s bolt see im to young to under stand that stuff but i no a bit of it but there always is a way to bypass things like hackers n ****. and im only 13 i make ideas others create them people like u all dont think about how and wat can make it or do it . u gotta look around try make it if it dont handdle it cant be done but maybe it can :p not makn any sense here but to bad cause its all up there ^^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom