A game with "Realistic Combat"

Best answers
The original game from which sleeping dogs derived from. Also known as True Crime: Streets of LA

Or if we go dreamcast emulation. The grand daddy of all games featuring the first QTEs and a combat system straight out of virtua fighter along with RPG elements and so many additional tidbits that youd have to complete it at least 30 times to see all possible events. Shenmue (said to be one of the best games ever made sadly never released a third or fourth part to finish the story, but 1 and 2 are just awe inspiring)
I've seen gameplay and is pretty awesome,but I have a question.Do you have control over the moves you perform or are they all scripted QTE?It would be nice if a button is for kick, a button for punch and a combination of butons for special moves and jump kicks.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've seen gameplay and is pretty awesome,but I have a question.Do you have control over the moves you perform or are they all scripted QTE?It would be nice if a button is for kick, a button for punch and a combination of butons for special moves and jump kicks.
QTEs in Shenmue are of the following sort.

You walk round the corner and a kid kicking a ball kicks it accitentally at your head. You get a button prompt and if you get it, you catch the ball and the kid goes "Woha nice". If you miss it the ball hits your head and the kid goes "Sorry mister".

Thats the extent of the QTEs in that game. The fighting is virtua fighter style with hi, low punches and kicks along with combinations like in every other fighter.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great! I loved virtua fighter.One of my childhood games.I will give it a chance.
As said it was for the dreamcast. And when the system went down, they discontinued the series after 2 games. (games are save compatible BTW)

But if you can get your hands on the discs, you can easily emulate the dreamcast.

Best answers
As said it was for the dreamcast. And when the system went down, they discontinued the series after 2 games. (games are save compatible BTW)

But if you can get your hands on the discs, you can easily emulate the dreamcast.
So..I have to emulate it from the dreamcast..I've failed at this before when I tried to emulate Prince of Persia Arabian Nights and Mortal Kombat Gold...Do you happen to have seen a good tutorial on this so you can give me a link, please?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cant really share links over the forum. While emulators themselves are technically legal, they are kind of in a grey area with the newer generations due to the BIOS systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom