A Colony of Aliens Vs. a Colony of Arachnids from Starship Troopers

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, so lets' assume that the bugs and aliens both have a healthy colony and they go at it. Who wins?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't seen much of aliens but I imagine those flying things with the super sharp blade thingies from starship troopers could do some good damage.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The aliens would definatly pwn, i mean cmon, there is so many, and they are like impossible to kill, and the mother pwns bigtime

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could imagine the queen alien slapping the starship trooper bugs around, then ripping the brain bug to shreds (that thing was extremely ugly)

while her alien horde cleans up the planet within a day or two.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you ever saw starship troopers, those bugs definately outnumbered the aliens, and they had more than just the sharp clawed ones, there were flying ones, ones that were shooting down starships, etc,

though im an aliens fan over a ST fan, the bugs would pwn the aliens, bigger, faster, stronger,

aliens are smarter, but thats thier only advantage, they arent as deadly in combat as the bugs, just add up the total body count compared from all 4 alien movies and just the one startship troopers, those bugs killed more in 5 minutes than all of the aliens movies combined,

the bugs win hands down,

(at least thats the opinion i came to after watching the movies)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are probably about equally intelligent because of that brain bug, and the starship trooper insects had mortars... I'd say the bugs have the tactical advantage, even if the aliens are faster.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Aliens, you guys are forgetting about the face huggers, they could impregnate a bug thing, and an alien would grow with the traits of it, think about it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i really doubt those face huggers would be able to grab ahold of a bug the size of toolshed long enough to do any harm, its like throwing pebbles at a charging rhinocerous

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say aliens. Both sides don't really seem to have much of an advantage over the other in numbers or strength, but I think the aliens have an advantage due to the fact that each alien is extremely intelligent. While the bugs rely soley on the brain bug. Once they take that down, the bugs have no chance.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I'm gonna have to go with the Aliens. Cause, assuming they DID manage to get the parasite on any of those things, they'd have a significant advantage in having a drone that had the traits of a basic drone Arachnid. Meaning an Alien--with all of it's superior geneology, acid blood, etc.--that is the size of a Moving Van, with more legs and arms.

Come on dude...you know the Aliens. They just...get **** done.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just think, every time an alien would die, it would spray acid everywhere, possibly killing several of those bugs. I admit the mortar bugs could do some damage, but its prolly just too damn slow.

Best answers
I'm sorry but when a movie has a bug sitting on a planet shooting energy out of its ass that travels far enough to reach space and then to be able to destroy a spaceship I consider that very far fetched.

The bugs act like muscle-bound brain-dead animals that just charge in with the sole purpose of killing and dieing. They are larger in numbers than the aliens for the most part.

The aliens tend to be hunter/stalkers so they are more cunning and able to formulate more complicated strategies and given that they can climb on walls ambushes would give them a great advantage. They seem to act to further themselves as a whole, where as the brain bug just furthered its own end.

I guess who wins all depends on location, since the alien can climb they would fair better in an enclosed area, but the bugs would defiantly excel on open ground.

/shrug …

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The aliens would win without a doubt.. acid blood, face huggers, intelligence, speed, that friggen sharp tail of theirs.... Plus... they're always wet... the bugs would be too terrified, and the brain bug would be too smart to mess with the aliens.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
if you ever saw starship troopers, those bugs definately outnumbered the aliens, and they had more than just the sharp clawed ones, there were flying ones, ones that were shooting down starships, etc,

though im an aliens fan over a ST fan, the bugs would pwn the aliens, bigger, faster, stronger,

aliens are smarter, but thats thier only advantage, they arent as deadly in combat as the bugs, just add up the total body count compared from all 4 alien movies and just the one startship troopers, those bugs killed more in 5 minutes than all of the aliens movies combined,

the bugs win hands down,

(at least thats the opinion i came to after watching the movies)
I agree with Nutzy im also an Aliens fan but I beleive the bugs would own the
aliens anytime.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree that in an open area the bugs would own, but every time a bug stabs an alien, it burns it's arm off. And remember, I said assuming their numbers are roughly equal, so the bugs outnumbering the aliens doesn't really matter. I think the arachnids would own for a while but the aliens would make a nice comeback.

They are, after all, perfect killing and evolving machines.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
And to think if a queen got in on this action. :rolleyes:
Be more specific, Im not smart enough to know what your trying to say :\

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Even though the topic says "A Colony of Aliens Vs. a Colony of Arachnids from Starship Troopers" I'd like to add in another fraction, The Predators

Between the three races, I'd have to say the Predators would win, the Predators don't have the huge numbers like the Aliens and Arachnids, but a team of 20 Predators can hold of pretty well against a rush of Aliens or Arachnids, the Predators for one are pretty rough (well atleast rougher the Aliens) and they have highly developed weapons which doesn't require ammo (Shoulder Cannon) add in their ability to self-destruct (which can destory a 20 block area), and ofcourse, their ability to be invisible (but ofcourse the Aliens can still see them, dunno about the Arachnids) and you got one fierce Warrior.

Plus the Predators are more intelligent (their intellect should be equall to those of humans) they could co-ordinate attacks on their own or in a team.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
on open ground the bugs would kill aliens, in inclosed spaces, the aliens would win, in either of those situations a team of predators would take either of them out.

Best answers
Id like to add another fraction, FLAMING RABID HOMOSEXUAL HERPEES INFESTED OOMPA LOOMPAS FROM SPACE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom