A change to the functionality of beams

Best answers
As it currently is, attacks automatically detonate. However, in numerous situations in the Dragon Ball Z series, people would refrain from detonating their attacks for various reasons. To repell, to protect, to build strength, etc.

So I was considering how this could be done in ESF. Instead of having attacks automatically detonate, have attacks instead be continuous until the user chooses to detonate the attacks.

In this, beam jumps would be automatic. If an enemy was to run out of ki and would be consumed by an attack's explosion, they're instead either destroyed or expelled (depending on their level of power), and the attack would continue on. or they could choose to detonate the attack if the blocker has begun to wane in power and is losing power.

Likewise, an ability to further enhance the power of certain projectiles (ie: spirit ball) in struggle, and the ability to remotely detonate it (though only when it has come into contact with an object, and if there is some form of struggle, when the enemy has begun to lose battle power).

Just some thoughts.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sandstorm said:
As it currently is, attacks automatically detonate. However, in numerous situations in the Dragon Ball Z series, people would refrain from detonating their attacks for various reasons. To repell, to protect, to build strength, etc.

So I was considering how this could be done in ESF. Instead of having attacks automatically detonate, have attacks instead be continuous until the user chooses to detonate the attacks.

There was a MOTM about this once. You should remember it. Beam desintegration.

In this, beam jumps would be automatic. If an enemy was to run out of ki and would be consumed by an attack's explosion, they're instead either destroyed or expelled (depending on their level of power), and the attack would continue on. or they could choose to detonate the attack if the blocker has begun to wane in power and is losing power.

Beamjumps shouldnt detonate at all. They should just shoot you into the oposate direction the beam hit the wall/ground.

The destroyed thing is covered with beam desintegration. Beeing knocked away by the splash damage itself would be kinda spamable. allthough a direct hit should kock you back if it is to weak to desintegrate.

Likewise, an ability to further enhance the power of certain projectiles (ie: spirit ball) in struggle, and the ability to remotely detonate it (though only when it has come into contact with an object, and if there is some form of struggle, when the enemy has begun to lose battle power).

For teh people who dont know. Spirit ball is Yamchas attack and not in ESF. If you ment spiritbomb than why enhance it. Its the strongest friggin ball attack ingameand consimes 0 KI. Unlike other attacks that use your PL to calculate damage the spirit bomb uses the average PL in the server. Making it lethal in most situations.

Also you fail to notice the fact that you can already enhance the struggles power. Just shoot a beam into the struggle. And your idea is there. Furthermore projectile attacks have a big adventage. they dont make you stay in one spot after you fire them. Making you waste your oponents KI while you ready a second attack.

Just some thoughts.
Need i say more?

Best answers
Genkidama translates to Spirit Ball. Spirit Bomb is Yamucha's ability.

And hell, you only read what you wanted to see anyway...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you are just frustrated because he did not agree with what you said.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sandstorm said:

Actualy i read all of it.

BTW name me one example where the person detonated an attack without directly hitting the target in DBZ.

If you ask me that option should be taken out. And replaced with a faster charging and faster traveling beam that deals big amounts of damage but has a minimal area of effect. Basicly you wouldnt feel a thing 10 feet away from detonation point kinda thing.

Best answers
Well, if you want to think about accuracy, then beams would just kinda keep going through the skybox until the user stops channeling energy into them and they disappear.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sandstorm said:
I was just refering to that part ^^

They never actualy detonated a single attack in the middle of the air.

Best answers
But, when I said that, I was referring to when they made contact with enemies. For example, the first Genkidama wasn't an explosion, but instead, propelled ****face upwards in an explosion of energy (until he managed to slip off and fall back down to the Earth).

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sandstorm said:

The Spirit Ball and Spirit Bomb are two completely different attacks. The Spirit Ball is just a ball of energy from the user that can be manipulated with hand-movements. The Spirit Bomb is an attack that calls upon the energy of all forms of life within a radius dependant on the user's concentration.

Spirit Ball: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokidan#S.C5.8Dkidan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_Bomb said:
Some fans of the English dubbed series misheard Yamcha declaring his "Spirit Ball" attack as "Spirit Bomb". It was mistakenly believed by some that King Kai taught Yamcha's attack to Goku, although the original Japanese audio makes it clear that this is not the case, since the original name for this move is the "So-Ki-Dan" (Spinning Energy Bullet/Ball/Projectile). A popular point of disagreement, the misheard line led to some Internet participants to vehemently state that "Yamcha does NOT do the spirit bomb!". Still it remains uncleared if Yamcha (after his second training at King Kai's) learned this move.

A feature is being added that will disintegrate the opponent when they are below a certain point in terms of health and Ki.

Just some thoughts.
Why? Most of the projectiles are strong and are difficult to block.

But, when I said that, I was referring to when they made contact with enemies. For example, the first Genkidama wasn't an explosion, but instead, propelled ****face upwards in an explosion of energy (until he managed to slip off and fall back down to the Earth).
They didn't refrain from detonating the attack, the attack wasn't strong enough to destroy the opponent.

Best answers
Take note, Wikipedia doesn't translate the term Genki Dama, it only states the commonly used English name-- which was named by Funimation (who love to come up with a new names). It's still energy ball-- don't bother, I'm not going to go "omg, I agree." You can argue til you're blue in the face, don't mean people agree with you.

Moving on to the actual topic at hand---

But yes, I had forgotten that Gokou was struck while creating the energy ball... Regardless, what of Majin Boo? The energy ball wouldn't blow up until Gokou willed it to do so.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most of your idea's present new additions and bonuses to using beams without also taking away something, or giving it a new disadvantage as a counter. While you're suggestions might make beams slightly closer to their function in the show, this creates unbalance in the game. And that's why we're disagreeing with you.

If you want to explain you're reasoning behind these additions in more depth, or make additions that will balance stuff out please do, because that'd be better than being the lone defender of ideas that no one likes because of their impracticality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom