56K - Pings of Monstrosity

Best answers
It seems that every server I go into, I start off with about 300-400 -- nothing bad. Though when I start to "play," it spices up to 1000+. While waiting to see if it lowers a bit, it gets bigger into 4000+ and never lowers, even on dedicated servers. The only times this doesn't happen is when I'm playing on a 3 player or less server, when I'm hosting for a 1 vs 1, (That's pretty desperate, though the other player hasn't gotten anything higher than 350) or when somone uses Scattershot and my ping isn't already burning in Hell. I'd appreciate any tips or suggestions anyone can give to cool down these frustrating pings. :smile:

QSD

Best answers
its the only solution. esf is too great to play on just a 56k modem

Best answers
Heh, sorry morty. ESF isn't very 56K friendly. Maybe JC could made something to smack around?

Best answers
Internet
One of the big problem with game these days is the lag it cause on the Internet. Well, ESF found a great way of reducing lag by putting graphics, music and other things on the client-side. that means you will be able to play on your old 56k with no problem and still have a good match of ESF.
Someone should tell Spin that as well. :\ Optimizing the netcode would be a good subject to concentrate on for one of the up-coming releases IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom